• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford 2 year extension

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did it go with him staying healthy all season long for the Eagles...Oh right it didn't go well.

Look I'm not saying he's the fuckin savior in Philly, it's a good move in the sense the don't have to rely on a rookie or some damn second stringer they sign via FA!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not saying he's the fuckin savior in Philly, it's a good move in the sense the don't have to rely on a rookie or some damn second stringer they sign via FA!

Is a bottom half of the league QB though all that much better? At least a rookie gives you hope for the future that maybe they could develop and are then signed to a very cheap team friendly deal allowing you to surround them with talent. Again if this is about building a championship caliber team is it really worth paying an average at best QB top money hindering your ability to build a roster around them. I mean to me that just screams a team wanting to stay in that 7-9 to 9-7 range for years to come.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm saying that as little as I actually want to see starting QB Case Keenum for the Rams, I'll take it over Sam Bradford. The production is not as far apart as the contracts would suggest.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a bottom half of the league QB though all that much better? At least a rookie gives you hope for the future that maybe they could develop and are then signed to a very cheap team friendly deal allowing you to surround them with talent. Again if this is about building a championship caliber team is it really worth paying an average at best QB top money hindering your ability to build a roster around them. I mean to me that just screams a team wanting to stay in that 7-9 to 9-7 range for years to come.
I said much the same thing with the Bills and Tyrod Taylor before the season. A lot of people were saying that they should have gone with Matt Cassel because he was proven, and to me that's exactly why you go with Taylor. We already know what Cassel is, and it's not very good, so swing for the fences and go with Taylor.

Same thing with Bradford. We know what kind of player he is, and he's not very good. So go out there and find someone else who you don't know about yet. I'd take a chance on a guy like Chase Daniel (who incidentally I think the Broncos should go for if Osweiler signs somewhere else) or a rookie over Sam Bradford.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said much the same thing with the Bills and Tyrod Taylor before the season. A lot of people were saying that they should have gone with Matt Cassel because he was proven, and to me that's exactly why you go with Taylor. We already know what Cassel is, and it's not very good, so swing for the fences and go with Taylor.

Same thing with Bradford. We know what kind of player he is, and he's not very good. So go out there and find someone else who you don't know about yet. I'd take a chance on a guy like Chase Daniel (who incidentally I think the Broncos should go for if Osweiler signs somewhere else) or a rookie over Sam Bradford.

Yup I agree. If it truly is about building for a championship then why continue to overpay for an average at best QB? Right now there are 18 QB's being paid $17 million or more. Only 6 of those 18 QB's made the playoffs last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the break down I saw is $12.5 in '16 and $22.5 in '17...but if '17 even makes sense...why not extend him long term and bring his '17 CH down to around $10 mil? Spotac reports the '17 deadmoney hit is $9.5, but the math is not working out for me...should be $13.5 mil to equal $26 mil, but I get the sense that PHI would get to prorate the G$.

If he gets cut after year one, he is due the guaranteed amount of $22M (not sure how the $4M injury portion comes into play).

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is other "holes" on this roster to even talk about building a "Championship team". Holes at the corners, depth in the secondary, depth on the Dline, then there is the Oline that has two guards and a center that has no business to be starting.

As a fan, I'll take my chance with Sam I am over RG3, Kaep, and Hassleback. But I'm still drafting a QB if he's there and I like what he does and can bring, then you play it out. Until then you keep building.....

And for the record your talking about an NFC East team, 9-7 still wins the division!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Bills don't extend Taylor, I would like to see the Rams pursue him next year. Running offense with a young O-Line, sounds like a solid fit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is other "holes" on this roster to even talk about building a "Championship team". Holes at the corners, depth in the secondary, depth on the Dline, then there is the Oline that has two guards and a center that has no business to be starting.

As a fan, I'll take my chance with Sam I am over RG3, Kaep, and Hassleback. But I'm still drafting a QB if he's there and I like what he does and can bring, then you play it out. Until then you keep building.....

And for the record your talking about an NFC East team, 9-7 still wins the division!

But we are talking a huge chunk of money that could go to building the rest of that roster. I mean you could probably go get 2-3 new starters on the OL to protect a young or unproven guy at the QB position plus then have a better running game to go with it. You could go get some pretty good defensive players in this league for that kind of money. I mean heck JJ Watt doesn't make as much as Sam Bradford right now. I get that the Eagles will probably go after somebody in the draft still but to me you could have a few nice pieces already in place for that young player. Again Chase Daniel is a guy that makes perfect sense. Not going to cost a ton, already knows the system, and wouldn't be signed for a long contract. I think he could put up ok numbers and you could still build a decent team around him with the extra money.

I guess we just have differing opinions on this which happens.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we are talking a huge chunk of money that could go to building the rest of that roster. I mean you could probably go get 2-3 new starters on the OL to protect a young or unproven guy at the QB position plus then have a better running game to go with it. You could go get some pretty good defensive players in this league for that kind of money. I mean heck JJ Watt doesn't make as much as Sam Bradford right now. I get that the Eagles will probably go after somebody in the draft still but to me you could have a few nice pieces already in place for that young player. Again Chase Daniel is a guy that makes perfect sense. Not going to cost a ton, already knows the system, and wouldn't be signed for a long contract. I think he could put up ok numbers and you could still build a decent team around him with the extra money.

I guess we just have differing opinions on this which happens.

Is Chase even a FA this year?
No I hear and totally understand what your saying CD, did they over pay for someone that might trip coming out of the locker room and break something, yes, but at the same time the last seven games he passed the ball really well, hell if he had legit wide out that could catch his stats would be a lot higher last season.

I know for other's to understand they would have to watch the games last season, even in Chipper's stupid offense he did produce, with a below average running game, ( another topic).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chase even a FA this year?
No I hear and totally understand what your saying CD, did they over pay for someone that might trip coming out of the locker room and break something, yes, but at the same time the last seven games he passed the ball really well, hell if he had legit wide out that could catch his stats would be a lot higher last season.

I know for other's to understand they would have to watch the games last season, even in Chipper's stupid offense he did produce, with a below average running game, ( another topic).

Believe me I understand the reasoning behind the signing and the Eagles could do much worse than signing him. I just don't view him as that guy that you think can get you to a championship. I do know though he has some skills when healthy and I do know his receivers did him no favors last year. I blame some of that on Chip of not realizing the talent he had at the position and just letting them walk.

Just have to see how he responds with the new coach in place. Maybe in the new system we see much better results.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I understand the reasoning behind the signing and the Eagles could do much worse than signing him. I just don't view him as that guy that you think can get you to a championship. I do know though he has some skills when healthy and I do know his receivers did him no favors last year. I blame some of that on Chip of not realizing the talent he had at the position and just letting them walk.

Just have to see how he responds with the new coach in place. Maybe in the new system we see much better results.

step one: running the frickn football! Murray should be nice and rested to carry the load after last years debacle!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets cut after year one, he is due the guaranteed amount of $22M (not sure how the $4M injury portion comes into play).

If he gets $12.5 in '16...$22 guaranteed in '17 doesn't add up, but if you subtract the $4 mil injury bonus...we arrive at the $9.5 mil dead money CH is he's cut after '16.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
step one: running the frickn football! Murray should be nice and rested to carry the load after last years debacle!

Last I saw Murray was wanting out of town? Has that changed with the new coaching staff in place and a system that might take advantage of his skill set?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they that much more than a 6 win team with Bradford though? I mean they won 7 games this year with him as the starting QB. So not sure you are really building a championship caliber team which is what I thought every team was trying to do.

It may not seem like a ton, but I think Bradford is at least 2 games better than Daniels per yr....the other factor here...they have a brand new HC...a former OC...they don't take this route unless he's on board. Clearly they need to add some pcs on both sides of the ball in terms of building a championship caliber team...I'm not saying Bradford is the guy that's going to lead them to the promised land, but on a 2 yr deal...$26 mil...it's not a terrible gamble imo.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal makes sense because there just aren't many options out there at the QB position.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true

I did an analysis a couple of years ago (that CBS has since eaten) that showed that only cornerbacks busted less than quarterbacks.

Look at these guys since the Bradford draft around where the Eagles pick at #13...

EJ Manuel
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Johnny Manziel
Tim Tebow

Go back a little further and you get another wonderful list...

Josh Freeman
Brady Quinn
Matt Leinart
JP Losman
Mark Sanchez
Jason Campbell
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who watched the Eagles all season know that Bradford played fine for his situation. He was playing behind a terrible OLine that could not pass block or run block. Couple that with a bad receiving crew and you'll understand that a 27 year old Peyton Manning wouldn't have done anything on the 2015 Eagles.

If they gave him a 6 year deal with this much money I'd understand ripping the Eagles management... but this deal makes complete sense to me. Especially after watching how absolutely HORRIFIC Mark Sanchez was. If Bradford walks they are a 2-3 win team. With Bradford 8-8 is completely realistic if they can get 2 new guards.