• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford 2 year extension

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back a little further and you get another wonderful list...

Josh Freeman
Brady Quinn
Matt Leinart
JP Losman
Mark Sanchez
Jason Campbell
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman

Cherrypick much?

You conveniently forgot Ben Roethsliberger, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I saw Murray was wanting out of town? Has that changed with the new coaching staff in place and a system that might take advantage of his skill set?

I would tell him if he wants out of town then he better run better then he did last season. Nobody is gonna trade for him and take on that money, and they ( Eagles FO) would be stupid to just release him and take the hit!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who watched the Eagles all season know that Bradford played fine for his situation. He was playing behind a terrible OLine that could not pass block or run block. Couple that with a bad receiving crew and you'll understand that a 27 year old Peyton Manning wouldn't have done anything on the 2015 Eagles.

If they gave him a 6 year deal with this much money I'd understand ripping the Eagles management... but this deal makes complete sense to me. Especially after watching how absolutely HORRIFIC Mark Sanchez was. If Bradford walks they are a 2-3 win team. With Bradford 8-8 is completely realistic if they can get 2 new guards.
And what good is 8-8? It leaves you stuck in the middle where you're caught between going for the stop gap solution that might push you over the hump into the playoffs (like signing a Bradford) and really sucking enough to clear out cap space and draft high enough to take a chance on the qb you really want.

Believe me, I know. The Broncos were a 7 to 9 win team for 4 straight years before McDaniels came in and wrecked shop which led to a 4-12 season and the number 2 overall pick. Of course, that pick was used to take Von Miller who just won Super Bowl MVP. That's why I'm a firm believer in going for broke. Take a chance on the unproven qb who could be good over the vet that you already know is limited. Best case scenario, that unproven guy turns out to be a franchise qb. Worse case, he sucks, and your team loses enough to position themselves well in the draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherrypick much?

You conveniently forgot Ben Roethsliberger, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco

I didn't forget them. Sure, it's possible to hit on a QB pick too. But look at all the huge misses.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what good is 8-8? It leaves you stuck in the middle where you're caught between going for the stop gap solution that might push you over the hump into the playoffs (like signing a Bradford) and really sucking enough to clear out cap space and draft high enough to take a chance on the qb you really want.

Believe me, I know. The Broncos were a 7 to 9 win team for 4 straight years before McDaniels came in and wrecked shop which led to a 4-12 season and the number 2 overall pick. Of course, that pick was used to take Von Miller who just won Super Bowl MVP. That's why I'm a firm believer in going for broke. Take a chance on the unproven qb who could be good over the vet that you already know is limited. Best case scenario, that unproven guy turns out to be a franchise qb. Worse case, he sucks, and your team loses enough to position themselves well in the draft.

Yeah I agree, yet so many teams settle for mediocre rather then risk being terrible.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then there's the Browns, Jags, Bucs, Titans, Bills, Redskins, Raiders who always suck. No thank you. The Broncos didn't do something retarded like draft a QB high because they pretended they had too. And they just won the SB because of it.