• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boykin traded!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles traded Boykin to the Steelers for a conditional 5th round pick, which can become a 4th round. Is that all he's worth? That's why they call them the "Stealers", I guess!

The Poster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a fair price...were you going to get a 3rd for him? Nope! He was drafted in the 4th and if he plays well enough for the Steelers then he brings back a 4th. If he does not play well he brings a 5th not a 6th or 7th. So its on Boykin to PROVE his value. If he stone cold kills it then yes a 3rd might have come our way, but that assumes he is going to stone cold kill it. Thats not a bet I am taking.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that chip didn't favor him (size) but do we really have better talent behind him?

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Kelly didn't like Boykin, but this is a move I do not like. But like all the others it is a wait and see how the season goes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising for anyone who has paid attention. BB was too small and Chip was dying to deal him. Last year of his rookie deal made this inevitable.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising for anyone who has paid attention. BB was too small and Chip was dying to deal him. Last year of his rookie deal made this inevitable.
boykin is 1 inch shorter and ten lbs lighter than revis, hes not too small

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin: Kelly 'uncomfortable around grown men of our culture' | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

"In a text message to Comcast SportsNet's Derrick Gunn, Boykin said Kelly is “uncomfortable around grown men of our culture.”

“He can't relate and that makes him uncomfortable,” Boykin added in the text message. “He likes total control of everything, and he don't like to be uncomfortable. Players excel when you let them naturally be who they are, and in my experience that hasn't been important to him, but you guys have heard this before me.”

“I love the city of Philly with all my heart. It's the only home other than Georgia that I have known,” he wrote. “My time in Philly was awesome. I'm forever grateful to Mr. Lurie, Howie, my teammates and fans of Philadelphia."

I'm not saying it's true, but I have never seen anything like this in 27 years of football. Better coaches have cut/traded more prominent players. But NEVER before have the cuts/trades been suggested they're based on race. This is the 4th(?) such player to do so. Even if it's not true, the perception is definitely out there. They damn well better win, or this will go to shit quickly.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds llike Chip is getting rid of people who don't buy in and who dont fit what he wants. Jax, Cary and shady were known assholes so their words mean next to nothing to me in that regard.

I like Boykin but he wasn't gonna be a starter on the outside here.

I have no idea whether or not Chip is racist. It's entirely possible that Chip has struggled to relate to veteran NFL players who are used to doing things a certain way. But in this day and age where no one can keep a thought to themselves, I find it odd that none of the former players have ever requested a trade on their own.

Except for the white guy.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it rather odd. The only way these players can comprehend a coach not wanting them is because he's racists. I think it shows who the true racists are McCoy, Jackson and Boykin. These players can't accept that they don't fit what the coach wants. That they don't fit into the culture Chip wants. If you were a grown man you wouldn't be acting the way they did after they left the Eagles. The glimpse into these 3 players thought process after leaving the Eagles is downright revolting.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it rather odd. The only way these players can comprehend a coach not wanting them is because he's racists. I think it shows who the true racists are McCoy, Jackson and Boykin. These players can't accept that they don't fit what the coach wants. That they don't fit into the culture Chip wants. If you were a grown man you wouldn't be acting the way they did after they left the Eagles. The glimpse into these 3 players thought process after leaving the Eagles is downright revolting.

So Chip is fine with the culture of Riley?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it rather odd. The only way these players can comprehend a coach not wanting them is because he's racists. I think it shows who the true racists are McCoy, Jackson and Boykin.
That doesn't even make sense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looked like we had an extra DB so dealing one makes sense but Boykin is a playmaker. Hopefully someone else proves to be one because at the moment we have zero playmakers in the secondary.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't even make sense.

Something doesn't go a young black mans way and he cries wolf. Just look at all these criminals burning down cities during these riots.With these catch phrases that are flat out lies. You see a pretty white girl gunned down for no reason. You don't see whites burning down a cities and looting from the innocent. The government don't give two shits about her because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this should clear things up a liitle.... or not, who knows anymore.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boykin is 1 inch shorter and ten lbs lighter than revis, hes not too small

He played pretty well IMO. But what I said is what Chip has said all along. It's why they never let Boykin compete for one of the starting positions.

And not to get technical, but Boykin is generously listed at 5'9" while Revis is 5'11". That is a significant difference in the world of NFL corners.

Boykin is very short, everyone can see that. He is also a heck of an athlete and can certainly play, at least in the slot.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard, Brandon!

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Begs the question that if boykin doesn't fit has been known for awhile. Why did he wait so long to trade him?

The old saw comes to mind, where there's smoke there's fire.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begs the question that if boykin doesn't fit has been known for awhile. Why did he wait so long to trade him?

The old saw comes to mind, where there's smoke there's fire.

Because he had ever intention of having Boykin start in the slot. However Boykin has been making it clear that he it is getting old with not given the opportunity to start on the outside. It is obvious that Chip was not going to put him there so he is going to be given an opportunity with the Steelers. At least he got something in return. Boykin is in the last year of his deal and all things point to him signing somewhere else.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something doesn't go a young black mans way and he cries wolf. Just look at all these criminals burning down cities during these riots.With these catch phrases that are flat out lies. You see a pretty white girl gunned down for no reason. You don't see whites burning down a cities and looting from the innocent. The government don't give two shits about her because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Wow. When whites face the treatment that AA's have faced from the police for, well, forever you may have a point. Until then you kind of look like a dick.