• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boykin traded!

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't even make sense.

I value so much of what you say freamon and think most of your points are well thought out.

However, what he says does make sense. Consider WHO the person is that is calling things racist. is it truly because that is the case, or is it an excuse for them because they don't understand that someone else has a different way of thinking than they do? So that's the only rational they use to justify the move to themselves and the world.

Specifically, I would buy into that Chip is a control freak and wants it his way and doesn't give a chit what anyone else thinks - more than the fact he is a racist. I get a tad tired of it being brought up, when many times, it seems like the person bringing it up is the one who is truly focused on that issue. But that doesn't get acknowledged.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you speak in riddles my friend. I do not know what you are talking about.

For me 1 or 2 complaints i can dismiss--like i did initially. But 3-4 is enough for me to raise an eyebrow, especially since we've never seen anything like this before. People have been mad at better coaches and they never said it was race. Hell the Defense said Rich Kotite was a ninny, but they never said he was a racist. I'm not saying Chip wears a white sheet or anything but they say he does have the whitest coaching staff in the league. So maybe he does have a comfort-ability issue with certain people?

And nobody on the active squad can say anything because it would become a self-fulfilling prophecy: A player says something its read as him being outspoken and not a part of the team. Chip reads it as the player doesn't want to be here and he cuts and trades him. And so it goes.

My eyebrow is raised.

Raising your eye brows is fine. that is an issue that you don't necessarily know to be true, but you put it on the back burner. I'm the same way in regards to whether CK understands the need for skillset players and not just scheme. I'm worried that his college days are use to playing starters only 2 years. You can't win in the NFL if that is your thinking. So I have that as a back burner issue as well. Ie, my eye brows are raise to that issue.

But that would eplain the same behavior, as getting rid of the players he has. So why am I not raising my eye brow to the other issue, and the ones the 3-4 are??? is it possible, because that is THEIR focus, and not the coaches??? Don't you think that is just as strong of a possibility, than that was the coaches motivation?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he'll do whatever the coach says or get cut. That's valuable for a coach.

Also cutting him this year carries a serious cap hit (IIRC $ 5 million).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a different kind of guy. He values his privacy and he's about the business of winning.

I remember the thread we started wondering whether or not he was gay; just to find out he'd already been married once. Between his awkwardness and the Cooper situation, I can see why he's misunderstood. He's not committing any crimes against humanity by being weird..

Thankfully, the season is upon us and we can get on with just the games themselves.

Somewhere else they also pointed out how in many ways the contrast between Chip and Andy (especially Andy in his later years) could not have been greater in the way they interact with players.

Also note though that Chip is willing to (a) apoligize publicly to players for mistakes (remember McCoy!) made by him, or (b) listen to well-argued advice by players during games and implement it if needed immediately (Cary Williams in the Snow Bowl). Two things I do not ever recall Andy doing during his tenure here (remember Runyan's public statement about Andy not running despite the whole O-line saying that was the way to win the game).

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that would eplain the same behavior, as getting rid of the players he has. So why am I not raising my eye brow to the other issue, and the ones the 3-4 are??? is it possible, because that is THEIR focus, and not the coaches??? Don't you think that is just as strong of a possibility, than that was the coaches motivation?

I don't know. i have never seen this before.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the racist thing at all. We have a lot more black guys than white guys on this team. We are not different than the rest of the NFL. I do believe some of Chip's decision are based on his prejudices. Chip seems prejudiced against player that have poor character, poor work ethic, don't believe in his program, or don't fit the type of player he wants on his team.

We were big fans of Boykin but he is not getting moved to the outside on this team. Not saying he can't play there but I would rather have a 5th or possibly a 4th then have him leave via free agency next year and get nothing. As long as someone can fill the void I can live with this.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Boykin, I thought he was a solid player. We are weeks away from finding out if this master plan is going to work. I really hope so!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the guy Chip wanted to take over for Boykin (rookie Jacorey Shepherd) may have a torn ACL.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the guy Chip wanted to take over for Boykin (rookie Jacorey Shepherd) may have a torn ACL.

Yup -- does not look good. Shepherd was having a damn good camp too. Hopefully Jaylen Watkins is ready to step up and fulfill his draft promise from a year ago.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse case - Rowe to Safety, and Thurmond to Nickel. Hope that it is not an ACL, but we'll know tomorrow.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that depth may have been worth more than a 4th/5th rounder.

G

greenwing

And this makes the Boykin trade look pretty bad. Now we are weaker in the secondary due a trade that wasn't necessary. I think Chip the GM has some leaning curves.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. No worries about the Nickel.
Boykin sealed his fate when he said that he was going to hold Chip accountable in giving him a chance to compete for a CB position v.s NB. If you said that to your boss, you'd most likely be in trouble, whether or not it is true. Combine that with a doubt of him re-signing, and his height (5'9"), and it is no wonder they traded him. We also have several candidates to replace Sheppard: Watkins, Biggers, Rice, Carroll, Evans, and maybe others. When Sheppard went down, we thought the worst, but he wasn't guaranteed the position, just the next man up.
OK, your thoughts?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is we are already eating deep into our secondary depth and we haven't even played a preseason game yet.

My other thought, and this is actually worse, is that the football Gods may be speaking here by delivering some swift karma Chip's way.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. No worries about the Nickel.
Boykin sealed his fate when he said that he was going to hold Chip accountable in giving him a chance to compete for a CB position v.s NB. If you said that to your boss, you'd most likely be in trouble, whether or not it is true. Combine that with a doubt of him re-signing, and his height (5'9"), and it is no wonder they traded him. We also have several candidates to replace Sheppard: Watkins, Biggers, Rice, Carroll, Evans, and maybe others. When Sheppard went down, we thought the worst, but he wasn't guaranteed the position, just the next man up.
OK, your thoughts?

Taking the coach's word as truth is always wrong. :rolleyes2:

On a separate note i laughed when i read davis' comment about carroll being the the guy at cb. He couldn't beat out a guy who made 'Toast' Jenkins look like an all-star last year and now he's the answer?
These guys should just stop talking to the media. Foot and mouth disease appears to be rampant down there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for now, I trust Chip. I didn't trust Reid. Davis has to get the D right this year, or he's gone too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for now, I trust Chip. I didn't trust Reid. Davis has to get the D right this year, or he's gone too.

Davis needs players in the secondary. And the GM got rid of one.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think that Chip and Billy discussed this? C'mon Man!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch... Letting Boykin go is really going to sting the Eagles now!!!