• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Projections

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this on other sport sites as well and I'm not tracking. SU spanked Maryland in Maryland. MD is 7-5/3-5 while SU went 6-6/4-4. SU played a much harder OOC. So I don't get why MD gets an ACC bowl invite over the Cuse.

Maryland would get that one because it's in DC and the bowl game in dc would rather have Maryland because it would likely result in more fans. The acc has no say in which teams get invited.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland would get that one because it's in DC and the bowl game in dc would rather have Maryland because it would likely result in more fans. The acc has no say in which teams get invited.

So how many fans is more? Cuse shouldn't have any trouble bringing as many fans that normally attend a Maryland home game.

byrd-stadium-empty.jpg

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many fans is more? Cuse shouldn't have any trouble bringing as many fans that normally attend a Maryland home game.

byrd-stadium-empty.jpg

I have no idea. But would Syracuse have more fans than Maryland at a football game in college park?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. But would Syracuse have more fans than Maryland at a football game in college park?

the Military Bowl is played in Annapolis. I don't know how Syracuse normally travels, but I would think that'd have some appeal.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duh...Ok...I didn't pick up that the Military Bowl was in Annapolis. Cuse has a decent number of Alumni in the DC area, and many cuse fans, some originating from the GTown/SU bball rivals. The cuse would send good numbers to a bowl game in DC but I don't see them beating out the Maryland crowd in their state.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Military Bowl is played in Annapolis. I don't know how Syracuse normally travels, but I would think that'd have some appeal.

It's not RFK anymore? I know the Fridge was pretty pissed a couple years ago about having to play their bowl game at RFK. If he was a real boss, he would have just had the team take the Red Line from CP

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont really want the chick fil a bowl or russell athletic again, like i said i think the sun bowl would be cool because its something a little different. we dont play pac 12 teams often.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd thought: ... Should we go ahead and pencil in the ACC as the winner of the RA bowl for the foreseeable future?

EEeemmm.... not if we play in it. Beamer is all like "Teh Bowelz suk! Lettuce PAR-t33!!! #YOLO #DOESNOTMATTER #REWARDFORSENIORS"

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less if we win non BCS bowls, honestly. Bowls are a circus. Use the extra weeks of practice as a pre-Spring camp. Five the young guys all of the reps so they get more time at the spots they will play the following year. The whole concept is kind of ridiculous. Lets take a month off, go home, come back, go I. A mini-vacation and then see if we can get a football game in.

I used to want us to treat them more seriously but now I am more interested I. Using the extra time to give the young guys more practice reps in prep for the next season.

#YOLO #MATTYB

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less if we win non BCS bowls, honestly. Bowls are a circus. Use the extra weeks of practice as a pre-Spring camp. Five the young guys all of the reps so they get more time at the spots they will play the following year. The whole concept is kind of ridiculous. Lets take a month off, go home, come back, go I. A mini-vacation and then see if we can get a football game in.

I used to want us to treat them more seriously but now I am more interested I. Using the extra time to give the young guys more practice reps in prep for the next season.

#YOLO #MATTYB

Word. Especially if it's a month off in between the end of the season and the bowl. Get a little rest, get healthy, don't get hurt in the exhibition game... hell, if you're on the team and you're mad at the lack of intensity and lack of gameplanning, take it as a sign that you're really are playing for NOTHING... because that's what you earned.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you're coming from, but... how you do in bowl games does shape perception of the program, which feeds into future recruiting, rankings, ticket revenues, etc. Plus I'm not sure I want our guys learning to take plays/games off. This is your team, not some kind of all-star game. If you're on the field for your team, play your heart out.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win non-BCS bowls.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win non-BCS bowls.

Me too.

You can't just treat every bowl like a vacation and then expect to turn it on all of the sudden and make a BCS Bowl a business trip. We should go into every bowl game planning on, and expecting to do everything possible to win.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am not saying to blow it off and I am sure the players and coaches don't. I am saying that I don't read too much into the results because of all of the above factors.

You can't just treat every bowl like a vacation and then expect to turn it on all of the sudden and make a BCS Bowl a business trip. We should go into every bowl game planning on, and expecting to do everything possible to win.

Ok, I can simultaneously agree with both of these sentiments. Difference between the approach/attitude of a fan vs. that of a coach/player.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I assume the players take it seriously but it doesn't sway me, as a fan or someone who watches film or tries to infer trends from games in any way.

I still love bowl week and scare the dogs when the Hokies play.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L i'll reserve judgment til more facts come out, but if Miller was doing "the knockout game", I've lost all respect for him....let's hope his "involvement" was something other than that

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the Chick-Fil-A Bowl is already sold out, so they don't have to worry about ticket sales when picking a team.