• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Projections

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's rumblings on other boards that we may slip to the Music City Bowl against Ole Miss. Personally I would prefer that to the Sun Bowl or Orlando again.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's rumblings on other boards that we may slip to the Music City Bowl against Ole Miss. Personally I would prefer that to the Sun Bowl or Orlando again.
If we slipped to Music City, I would prefer to play Vanderbilt because I have a friend that went to Vandy. I just can't see slipping below GT, Maryland, Syracuse, UNC or Boston College

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies Journal on twitter says Miami vs. Georgia in cfa, Duke-Louisville in RAB and VT in the Sun. Said we play UCLA if Oregon gets Sugar invite. Otherwise we play Washington or Arizona

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Projections
- Orange - Clemson vs. Ohio State
- Chick-Fil-A - Duke vs. Texas A&M
- Russell Athletic - Miami vs. Louisville
- Sun Bowl - Virginia Tech vs. UCLA
- Belk - UNC vs. Cincy
- Music City - Georgia Tech vs. Ole Miss
- Advocare V100- Boston College vs. ECU / Oregon State
- Military - Maryland vs. Marshall
- Little Ceasers - Pitt vs. Ball State
- Syracuse predictions
1. Texas Bowl vs. Minnesota
2. Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. North Texas

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lots to be happy about in the ACC bowls.
FSU in the CG.
Clemson picking up the second BCS bid.
Duke gets a bid appropriate of their record (unlike BC years ago). Good for them.
We get an interesting opponent/ new location.
Some decent matchups here and there.
Bowl money x 11!

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU in the CG.
Duke gets a bid appropriate of their record (unlike BC years ago). Good for them.
Bowl money x 11!

:yahoo:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville goes 11-1 and gets a 2nd or 3rd tier bowl. I would imagine their fanbase is pretty happy to be leaving the AAC next year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU in the CG.
Bowl money x 11!

Hopefully the conference actually wins its games

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the bowl money, I hope most if them lose. I will root for Pitt obviously and maybe BC and Duke. Can't root for my conference rivals. It's just unnatural. I hate ehSEESEE asshats that do it, so I don't do it.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Other than the bowl money, I hope most if them lose. I will root for Pitt obviously and maybe BC and Duke. Can't root for my conference rivals. It's just unnatural. I hate ehSEESEE asshats that do it, so I don't do it.

I like the bowl money, AND I like to see the ACC do well against other conferences. Why would I root for SEC or Big 10 teams over ACC teams? Seems like to me the better the ACC does against other conferences, the more credibility VT has when they win the ACC. I wouldn't mind if all the ACC teams win their bowls this year.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not in me. I hate our conference rivals. I would t root for the Phillies or Penguins or Cowgirls either. I want (no offense edisto and Ballboy) Clemson to get killed every game they play, same with GT or UNC. I get that it helps our image of whatever but I don't relish at all in the success of teams I loathe. I heard Alabama fans on Finebaum today saying they would be rooting for Auburn because of EhSeeSee. I heard a Georgia fan bash an LSU fan because he said he would root for FSU. How insane is that! I LOATHE conference pride. I always have. The teams in my conference, division, whatever in sports is my worst enemy. Just my way of looking at it.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't even see Clemson or FSU as rivals. I don't root for them when they play VT, but I'm kind of glad the conference has some teams that aren't cupcakes.

The one team I'd never root for, the instate rival, isn't even going to a bowl. So GO ACC! Win those bowls and bring home some bacon!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the ACC to win its bowl games and out of conference games just so the conference's profile is raised. I don't want to us to be in a future situation where we're a 1 loss team or something and get left out of the playoffs simply because "the ACC is weak. Let's put in 2 loss team x from the SEC or Pac 12"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why hate teams that have historically helped pave the way for our acc championships? it's only been the past 2 years that they started putting up a fight that they're getting annoying :)

my primary rooting interest, outside of VT, in bowl games is whoever is playing the SEC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the logic and need for conference success. I just hate that it is like that and refuse to buy in. As far as I am concerned, if we to undefeated we will be in the final four, even if our conference bretheren get killed every week.

I think it is my visceral reaction for the conference circle jerk down south.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I usually hope for what's best for Virginia Tech, even if we indirectly benefit. There are obviously exceptions. I'll root for UVa if VT gets enough benefit though, and I have no reservations about that.

If ACC teams win bowls the ACC has a better reputation, which helps us when we're winning. It might get us better bowls and more money long term, etc. The fact that I personally don't care as much about the bowls doesn't change the fact that many people, including the bean counters, do.

Wins-->rep-->fans-->$$$-->talent-->wins. Increase one and the rest tend to follow. In the ACC revenue model, that means we all get a piece of it relative to everyone else.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see the other side. I am just wired a little different, I guess.

You're not alone. I am like this too i dont know why. Maybe it's because i started watching professional sports before college sports so rooting against division rivals just came natural to me? Dont know. But 4 of my 5 most hated teams in the country are in the ACC. Plus these are the teams we recruit against mostly.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting Clemson or FSU to win their bowl or OOC games is hardly 'cheering for your rival'

I want all of the ACC teams to win their bowl games so in the even that we're in a position like OSU (pre-loss) that we're not talked about getting jumped for a 1 loss SEC or Pac12 team.

The playoff will make this worse. Look at the last couple years and see who would get left out of a playoff as #5 or #6 in the polls. It has been pretty meaningless in the past bc of the NC game, but the disparity between 4-6 is typically very minute.

Perceived SoS is going to matter, regardless of how much you want to think it doesn't.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting Clemson or FSU to win their bowl or OOC games is hardly 'cheering for your rival'

I want all of the ACC teams to win their bowl games so in the even that we're in a position like OSU (pre-loss) that we're not talked about getting jumped for a 1 loss SEC or Pac12 team.

The playoff will make this worse. Look at the last couple years and see who would get left out of a playoff as #5 or #6 in the polls. It has been pretty meaningless in the past bc of the NC game, but the disparity between 4-6 is typically very minute.

Perceived SoS is going to matter, regardless of how much you want to think it doesn't.

I have been saying for years... the playoff system is a change, not an improvement, at least not a substantial one. Some things will be better. Others will be worse. People seem to be starting to wake up to this, a little earlier than I anticipated. We're going to have some fun conversations next year. :)