• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Projections

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're sitting at 8-4, anyone got any idea what bowl we'll get? Its looking like we are going to get either Athletic Bowl or Sun Bowl. Personally, I hope we play in the Sun Bowl and play a Pac 12 team, slip down to Music City and get to play a middle of the road SEC or somehow make a jump to Chick-fil-A bowl and play a really good SEC team. I think we've played AAC teams enough.

ACC Bowl games below with conference matchups:
VIZIO BCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Florida State BCS vs. BCS
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Clemson ACC #1 vs. BCS
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Duke ACC #2 vs. SEC #5
Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28: Miami ACC #3 vs AAC #2
Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31: Virginia Tech ACC #4 vs. Pac 12 #4
Belk Bowl, Dec. 28: North Carolina ACC #5 vs. AAC #3
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Georgia Tech ACC#6 vs. SEC #7
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Boston College ACC #7 vs. SEC #10
Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman, Dec. 27: Maryland ACC #8 vs C-USA

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard they our most likely destination is the Sun Bowl against the UCLA-USC loser.
Does that assume Clemson gets a BCS bowl or no? I also wonder if the Russel Athletic Bowl will want to select us two times in a row.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I can see us slipping any lower than the Sun Bowl is if Clemson loses tonight. Go tigers?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Russell Bowl would likely be against Louisville, right? Aren't they #2 in the AAC behind UCF?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp no BCS game for Clemson after losing to USC-E, I still think we could jump over Miami and still make it to the Sun Bowl.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of the latest projections I have seen this morning still has Clemson in the Orange Bowl (many have them vs. 'Bama), Duke in the CFA bowl, Miami in the Russell Athletic Bowl, and us to the Sun Bowl vs. UCLA.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard they our most likely destination is the Sun Bowl against the UCLA-USC loser.

I don't think that's going to happen. I think if Clemson goes to the Orange Virginia Tech will be in the Chick Fil A bowl. If not I think they'll be in the Russell Athletic or Belk bowl. I don't see these bowl games selecting Duke ahead of Virginia Tech. And, Duke has to go to the Sun Bowl if they fall that far.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Clemson really has a BCS at large shot? I kind of assume it will be SEC, Pac 12, MSU and Northern Illinois.

I think it's a possibility but not a great one. But, I don't see Virginia Tech going to the Sun Bowl even if Clemson doesn't go to the Sugar

1. Chick Fil A - Clemson over Duke
2. Russell Athletic - VT or Miami over Duke
3. Sun Bowl - Duke
4. Belk - Depends on who Russell Athletic takes, I think their first choice would be VT followed by UNC and Miami.

I don't think Duke will be selected for the Chick Fil A bowl and I have a really hard time believing the bowl in Orlando would take Duke before Miami. I could be wrong because VT could go to the Sun Bowl if the Chick Fil A bowl chose Duke instead of Clemson.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, actually.

Good Call.

The Sun Bowl has to take Duke if they're available. That's the big reason I don't think Virginia Tech won't be playing there. But, I've read it's a possibility Duke goes to the Chick Fil A bowl.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With the 1 win rule, we can jump anyone but FSU and Clemson. Even if there were 2 BCS appearances, CFA won't take us this year. We're a little down, there is little exciting about our team, and we've travelled to ATL twice this season. I don't know that Champs will want to have us twice in a row, plus the lack of excitement. Perhaps against the prevailing thought, I think the storyline around Duke will get them a decent bid if they get matched up with a motivated fan base (like South Carolina or Louisville).

The Sun Bowl just wants a couple recognizable teams that don't often get to see each other. Us vs a bigger P12 team fits that description well. Maybe they take Miami, despite their poor performance in that bowl recently. Locals are known to support that venue better than other bowls. The liability that our fans are down and its difficult to get there is minimal.

I doubt we slide past Charlotte. Even unmotivated, we're in much better shape than the other fan bases. Everyone else either has zero fans or just got their heart ripped out by their rival.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GD... I'd love to see some of our more unhinged Hokie brethren on other message boards if we went 10-3 with a ACCCG loss to an eventual BCS CG team...

... and played the Sun Bowl. Fucking wow.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GD... I'd love to see some of our more unhinged Hokie brethren on other message boards if we went 10-3 with a ACCCG loss to an eventual BCS CG team...

... and played the Sun Bowl. Fucking wow.

1st thought: having those unhinged Hokie message board brethren is a result of having a large fan base that actually cares. If the same was true of Duke, they wouldn't be in this situation.

2nd thought: Probably hard for the biggest fan to argue with Clemson taking the CFA bowl over Duke, and the Sun bowl is honestly a more appealing bowl than the Russell Athletic. Should we go ahead and pencil in the ACC as the winner of the RA bowl for the foreseeable future?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're sitting at 8-4, anyone got any idea what bowl we'll get? Its looking like we are going to get either Athletic Bowl or Sun Bowl. Personally, I hope we play in the Sun Bowl and play a Pac 12 team, slip down to Music City and get to play a middle of the road SEC or somehow make a jump to Chick-fil-A bowl and play a really good SEC team. I think we've played AAC teams enough.

ACC Bowl games below with conference matchups:
VIZIO BCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Florida State BCS vs. BCS
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Clemson ACC #1 vs. BCS
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Duke ACC #2 vs. SEC #5
Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28: Miami ACC #3 vs AAC #2
Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31: Virginia Tech ACC #4 vs. Pac 12 #4
Belk Bowl, Dec. 28: North Carolina ACC #5 vs. AAC #3
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Georgia Tech ACC#6 vs. SEC #7
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Boston College ACC #7 vs. SEC #10
Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman, Dec. 27: Maryland ACC #8 vs C-USA

I've seen this on other sport sites as well and I'm not tracking. SU spanked Maryland in Maryland. MD is 7-5/3-5 while SU went 6-6/4-4. SU played a much harder OOC. So I don't get why MD gets an ACC bowl invite over the Cuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this on other sport sites as well and I'm not tracking. SU spanked Maryland in Maryland. MD is 7-5/3-5 while SU went 6-6/4-4. SU played a much harder OOC. So I don't get why MD gets an ACC bowl invite over the Cuse.

I say give it to 'cuse just cause MD is leaving, suck it terps! :D