• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Both Rosen and Darnold Declare For Draft

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i made a huge effort to not watch the nfl other then redskins games do to the protests . i said from the beginning i dont want politics in my escape and as such as the press let michael bennett tell a bold face lie on what happened to him in las vegas ( video contradicts his version ) and didnt call him on it because of said politics

i watched much more college football

i dumped the wizzards many years ago because they went PC and changed their name from bullets . they will not get my patronage our hard earned dollar until they change . they wont so there you have it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - people in their 20s and younger don't think & act like previous generations & I truly believe that this has a big impact on NFL ratings. I know relatives and others in this age bracket & they barely watch football & other sports. You also have to remember that many don't watch TV in the traditional manner for the most part - they live on their phone, play video games, binge watch on Netflix & other outlets, etc. It is just how it is in this era.

As for your last pt - I understand your pt, but in the end I am for anything that makes for a better quality of life for players both now & later in their lives. I think that perhaps they take it too far & they still need to tweak it correctly, but I am not going to complain too loudly about something that results in more safety (knowing that the NFL also has ulterior motives). Also - sure I like a good hit, but that is not my primary reason for watching football so I won't go too crazy about having less violence in the NFL.

20 somethings are not the issue. 30-70 somethings voluntarily leaving the viewership is the issue.

Those millions of dollars the players are making is to be used for quality of life. If the viewership tanks, then these players will not have the quality of life they are wanting.

The question is in regards to quality of the product. The product’s quality has gone down because of the rules. Violent hits make for more entertainment, FACT. Less entertainment, the entire reason for your viewership, equals lower viewership.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 somethings are not the issue. 30-70 somethings voluntarily leaving the viewership is the issue.

Those millions of dollars the players are making is to be used for quality of life. If the viewership tanks, then these players will not have the quality of life they are wanting.

The question is in regards to quality of the product. The product’s quality has gone down because of the rules. Violent hits make for more entertainment, FACT. Less entertainment, the entire reason for your viewership, equals lower viewership.

Well - people in their 20s and younger don't think & act like previous generations & I truly believe that this has a big impact on NFL ratings. I know relatives and others in this age bracket & they barely watch football & other sports. You also have to remember that many don't watch TV in the traditional manner for the most part - they live on their phone, play video games, binge watch on Netflix & other outlets, etc. It is just how it is in this era.

As for your last pt - I understand your pt, but in the end I am for anything that makes for a better quality of life for players both now & later in their lives. I think that perhaps they take it too far & they still need to tweak it correctly, but I am not going to complain too loudly about something that results in more safety (knowing that the NFL also has ulterior motives). Also - sure I like a good hit, but that is not my primary reason for watching football so I won't go too crazy about having less violence in the NFL.

I think that both of you and everyone else will find this interesting, with concerns to which group is most important. Age is certainly a factor, but the bigger one is gender.

17 Captivating NFL Fans Demographics - BrandonGaille.com
BrandonGaille.com - Small Business Blog for Entrepreneurs17-captivating-nfl-fans-demographics

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have expressed similar concerns in other posts. However I would not state that the Redskins are horrible at the draft like they were prior to the last 3-4 years. At least they are retaining picks at this time & many very good players on their roster are players they drafted. Whether they are good or not at drafting this really remains their major way of attaining future success (whether they retain Cousins or not).

Let's just hope that they keep retaining picks, have a little luck & possibly have some other folks beyond Allen/Snyder contributing to major draft decisions (big wish I know).

Anyhow - your statement just undermines the need to retain Cousins. I would not necessarily say that they can't draft but certainly drafting QBs has not been their strength (& they are possibly considering moving on from the only true long term QB they have drafted in ages).

Yeah, the last couple years there are Redskins drafted players that I think have some skills/talent.

2017, Jonathan Allen has talent/skillset to be a stud imo. While he didn't show much this year. I liked the Ryan Anderson pk, but lets hope 2018 is more productive for him than 2017. I liked the Fabian Moreau pk and saw enough of him at UCLA to believe he has the goods to be a good to very good CB in the NFL. I think Samjae could be a decent piece of a RBBC. Nicholson, I can't call it. Sure he had a nice INT against Oak, but we know now that Oak and Carr weren't anything close to what they were billed to be starting the 2017 season. And he got hurt while tyrying to make a tackle way too much. Jeremy Sprinkle's size intrigues me and he needs it if his 4.69 40 time is fast for him. I wonder about his blocking as well. Jeremy Sprinkle- Player Profile Advanced Football Stats & Metrics Chase Roullier goy some love from Gruden who thinks he might end up as a nbetter than decent center. I would be cool with that. I recall some on posters on the board saying WR Robert Davis is a stud. If so, lets hope he's studly as hell come 2018.

2016, Josh Doctson showed he has talent and very nice skillset at times last year. Consistency and staying healthy will be ley for him. Including improving upon his less than 45% catch rate, 35 catches/78 targets, he dropped more than a couple passes that imo he should've had and I'm not really counting the drop against KC as that would've been a helleva catch. I don't know what to think about Cravens. The pick was intriguing and the kid has skills, but the way he went out this year was very disappointing. I like Kendall Fuller, a lot. I've even thought if the Skins retain BB they might wanna give him a real look at free safety. If for no other reason than I think he's the type of player that just needs to be out on the field as much as possible. Matt Ioannidis - if the Skins gave out a Most Improved award he'd be my choice. Get Allen healthy and get another interior DL that can play and hold his own and MI can be a real nice player in a rotation of DL.

So yeah, the last couple drafts haven't been terrible. Glad you brought that to my attention.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the thing really helping the NFL is an expanding foreign market but I also think that could end up destroying them.

Good point, they have been trying to get a toehold in Europe for some time now. I too agree that internationalizing the game while increasing revenue, will also lead to its demise.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the last couple years there are Redskins drafted players that I think have some skills/talent.

2017, Jonathan Allen has talent/skillset to be a stud imo. While he didn't show much this year. I liked the Ryan Anderson pk, but lets hope 2018 is more productive for him than 2017. I liked the Fabian Moreau pk and saw enough of him at UCLA to believe he has the goods to be a good to very good CB in the NFL. I think Samjae could be a decent piece of a RBBC. Nicholson, I can't call it. Sure he had a nice INT against Oak, but we know now that Oak and Carr weren't anything close to what they were billed to be starting the 2017 season. And he got hurt while tyrying to make a tackle way too much. Jeremy Sprinkle's size intrigues me and he needs it if his 4.69 40 time is fast for him. I wonder about his blocking as well. Jeremy Sprinkle- Player Profile Advanced Football Stats & Metrics Chase Roullier goy some love from Gruden who thinks he might end up as a nbetter than decent center. I would be cool with that. I recall some on posters on the board saying WR Robert Davis is a stud. If so, lets hope he's studly as hell come 2018.

2016, Josh Doctson showed he has talent and very nice skillset at times last year. Consistency and staying healthy will be ley for him. Including improving upon his less than 45% catch rate, 35 catches/78 targets, he dropped more than a couple passes that imo he should've had and I'm not really counting the drop against KC as that would've been a helleva catch. I don't know what to think about Cravens. The pick was intriguing and the kid has skills, but the way he went out this year was very disappointing. I like Kendall Fuller, a lot. I've even thought if the Skins retain BB they might wanna give him a real look at free safety. If for no other reason than I think he's the type of player that just needs to be out on the field as much as possible. Matt Ioannidis - if the Skins gave out a Most Improved award he'd be my choice. Get Allen healthy and get another interior DL that can play and hold his own and MI can be a real nice player in a rotation of DL.

So yeah, the last couple drafts haven't been terrible. Glad you brought that to my attention.

Washington Redskins draft history - Wikipedia

Let me refresh everyone's memory about the Redskins draft history. If you scroll from the bottom you will see that the Skins have basically done well in the past 4 drafts & in the last 3 drafts have selected in almost all rds (something that didn't happen in the past). While perhaps you can argue some of the picks & not all of these guys are still w/ the team - there are a sizable # of Redskins contributors on this list & it ain't bad.

Now scroll back a bit further. 2013 is relatively bad except for Reed & Thompson (& who knows how much longer Reed will contribute). 2012? Horrible (save for contributions for a season or two) save for Cousins (who inexplicably they don't seem to be overly concerned about retaining). 2009, 2010 & 2011 produced very good or great players in T Williams, Orakpo, Kerringan & ST ace N. Paul but pretty much nothing else - unacceptable. 2007 & 2008 drafts were absolutely horrible. You can scroll back to 2001 and the results are pretty bad save for a handful of exceptions like S. Taylor & Cooley.

Point being that by comparison the recent drafts have been very, very good & for once the Skins are focused on retaining draft picks. I attribute some of this to the philosophy of SM & fortunately the current FO has maintained this philosophy (let's hope that if nothing else this doesn't change). This is one of the few areas where I have optimism for this team. I realize that their will be mistakes moving fwd - I just hope that they continue to find contributors by retaining picks & picking relatively wisely.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me refresh everyone's memory about the Redskins draft history. If you scroll from the bottom you will see that the Skins have basically done well in the past 4 drafts & in the last 3 drafts have selected in almost all rds (something that didn't happen in the past). While perhaps you can argue some of the picks & not all of these guys are still w/ the team - there are a sizable # of Redskins contributors on this list & it ain't bad.

Now scroll back a bit further. 2013 is relatively bad except for Reed & Thompson (& who knows how much longer Reed will contribute). 2012? Horrible (save for contributions for a season or two) save for Cousins (who inexplicably they don't seem to be overly concerned about retaining). 2009, 2010 & 2011 produced very good or great players in T Williams, Orakpo, Kerringan & ST ace N. Paul but pretty much nothing else - unacceptable. 2007 & 2008 drafts were absolutely horrible. You can scroll back to 2001 and the results are pretty bad save for a handful of exceptions like S. Taylor & Cooley.

Point being that by comparison the recent drafts have been very, very good & for once the Skins are focused on retaining draft picks. I attribute some of this to the philosophy of SM & fortunately the current FO has maintained this philosophy (let's hope that if nothing else this doesn't change). This is one of the few areas where I have optimism for this team. I realize that their will be mistakes moving fwd - I just hope that they continue to find contributors by retaining picks & picking relatively wisely.

good piece the socal

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my God. I forgot how bad our drafts were for about 15 years there. We were lucky to get 1 or 2 contributors in any of those drafts.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the drafts have been good the last couple years. Now if the draftees can only overcome the coaching we may be finally cookin with gas.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God. I forgot how bad our drafts were for about 15 years there. We were lucky to get 1 or 2 contributors in any of those drafts.

We had drafts?:D

I thought that "winning off the field" through free agency was the mantra back then.:L