• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Both Rosen and Darnold Declare For Draft

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Skins are #21? That's a superior DEFENSE than the best damn franchise in football!..oh wait, although the Patriots were #29 in total yards, they are #5 in the most important stat, POINTS ALLOWED...so actually, we were #27, not #21.

If you go on total yards stats thing...I guess, in your opinion, KC is the 7th best QB in the league this season.
ok well thanks for making my point more effective , the GOAT has a number 5 defense backing him while KC gets criticized into oblivion because he cant carry the 27 th ranked one

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just out of curiosity.. where would you put him??

I have him at 19, based on Wins. KC would have been higher had he won against Philly in week one, and NY in week 17. He absolutely shit the bed in those games, when he should have guided the better team at that time to victory.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok well thanks for making my point more effective , the GOAT has a number 5 defense backing him while KC gets criticized into oblivion because he cant carry the 27 th ranked one

Did I?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in fact mitz , all 4 remaining teams have top 5 scoring defenses and 3 have game manager type qbs or worse

since we dont have that yet and are likely to lose resources to help us get there , i guess it will be a few more seasons of waiting

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him at 19, based on Wins. KC would have been higher had he won against Philly in week one, and NY in week 17. He absolutely shit the bed in those games, when he should have guided the better team at that time to victory.

Then I guess Kennum is a top 4 QB based on the concept that the Vikings are in the NCF conference game next?? That is basically what you did right?? The Redskins pick 13, so there are 19 QBs better than Kirk??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah maybe you will get the 2000's and understand teams win games not just qbs . and just because you underestimated the eagles doesnt make them assured wins . the season was over in week 17 so who really cares at that point ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I guess Kennum is a top 4 QB based on the concept that the Vikings are in the NCF conference game next?? That is basically what you did right?? The Redskins pick 13, so there are 19 QBs better than Kirk??
but he isnt an ABC'r he loves KC , just ask him :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he isnt an ABC'r he loves KC , just ask him :D

There is no such thing as an ABC fan, Elite is a figment of ones imagination. A good QB can carry a shitty team. And an average QB with a top defense, running game and decent WRs would easily outperform Cousins if he were on this team.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in fact mitz , all 4 remaining teams have top 5 scoring defenses and 3 have game manager type qbs or worse

since we dont have that yet and are likely to lose resources to help us get there , i guess it will be a few more seasons of waiting

I agree, if the Redskins spend too much money on KC.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah maybe you will get the 2000's and understand teams win games not just qbs . and just because you underestimated the eagles doesnt make them assured wins . the season was over in week 17 so who really cares at that point ?

I've always understood "teams win games". You, on the other hand have stated many times losing KC will make us the Browns. One player does not make a team dad.

Might want to get some good hot sauce for that crow.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always understood "teams win games". You, on the other hand have stated many times losing KC will make us the Browns. One player does not make a team dad.

Losing Cousins stands a very good chance of making us a worse team on the field.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One player does not make a team...but missing one player can make you the Browns.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY the way, if any teams other than N.E. and Philly make the SB, it just might be the least watched game in SB history.

I'm with @Sharkinva far as the teams who make the SB.

And maybe if this was baseball or basketball the ratings might not be there. Those sports still seem to need at least one marquee or big city team. Half the peeps who "watch" the Super Bowl, maybe more, are casual football fans who are doing so more for the party they'll attend than watching the game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mitziman so here is my question for you.

Do you honestly think we are a better team WITHOUT Cousins?? I assume you think we will use the cap space else where. So I'm going to ask you.. .show your work.

By that I mean, if we let Cousins walk, who is the QB YOU think we should get?
Who are the players you think we will or should bring in that will make us a better team??

Please share your reasoning with us.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if the Redskins spend too much money on KC.

The Saints proved that this type of argument is flawed. They built their team mainly via the draft & the Redskins can do the same. Redskins can extend Cousins & still address the rest of their needs.

For starters a long term deal can be structured in a cap friendly setup. Beyond that you can build primarily via the draft which doesn't impact the cap that much. You supplement this via cheaper FA deals & Skins should be alright since Allen is actually very good at working the cap. Regardless of whether they keep Cousins the Redskins have proved that they should never try to build the team mainly via high $$, big name FAs so I don't see this as a valid argument.

Now if they try to retain Cousins via a tag then you might be correct.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with @Sharkinva far as the teams who make the SB.

And maybe if this was baseball or basketball the ratings might not be there. Those sports still seem to need at least one marquee or big city team. Half the peeps who "watch" the Super Bowl, maybe more, are casual football fans who are doing so more for the party they'll attend than watching the game.

Agree 100%. Also - I can see the NFL wanting to see the Pats in the SB but what exactly is the attraction of having the Eagles instead of the Vikings in the SB (especially when Wentz is not playing)? There might be an attraction for us as rival fans (personally I want to see the Eagles out of this thing as soon as possible) but where exactly is the appeal for the Eagles for the rest of the population? It is not as if they have tons of big name stars. After last nt I am guessing that there are tons of people who want to see the Vikings make & win the SB.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. Also - I can see the NFL wanting to see the Pats in the SB but what exactly is the attraction of having the Eagles instead of the Vikings in the SB (especially when Wentz is not playing)? There might be an attraction for us as rival fans (personally I want to see the Eagles out of this thing as soon as possible) but where exactly is the appeal for the Eagles for the rest of the population? It is not as if they have tons of big name stars. After last nt I am guessing that there are tons of people who want to see the Vikings make & win the SB.

I'm pulling for the Vikes as well (and Jax) The worst possible scenario wold be a Philly/NE Super Bowl. I don't see myself as a hater, but its getting to be grating listening to the platitudes for Brady. He's a great player no doubt and has a hellified case for best QB to play the game and one of the greatest players to play regardless of position. W/O question both he and Belichick deserve the lion's share of the credit for what has been an amazing run for the Pats that doesn't look anywhere close to over yet. But damn...........there was a moment there when I thought the dude doing color commentary for the Pats/Titans game was gonna blurt out something about wanting to have Brady's baby or some shit. Ahh, you what they say. To the victor goes the spoils and Brady is versed in being the victor.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is still the ratings king, despite that, viewership was down by 10% during this just ended 2017 season. The league generally as relied upon selling QB matchups in playoff games, more so, in the SB. With that in mind the point that I wanted to make originally is... Without Brady this year, what matchup is there that they can effectively sell to reverse the downward trend in viewership of their product?

Protest for and against this social or political position appears to be the driving force in this declination and I don't believe that there's any combination of Keenum, Bortles, or Foles that's going to compel those lost viewers to return to their TV's, even if, it's the biggest game of the year.

Surely, by now, conspiracy theorists are revving up their "the NFL will make sure that Brady and the Patriots will make it to the final game" thoughts after reading this!:D

For me, selling Brady again and again has its limits, so even with him in the mix, I just don't see an intriguing enough opposing QB to make that sell to lost viewers.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is still the ratings king, despite that, viewership was down by 10% during this just ended 2017 season. The league generally as relied upon selling QB matchups in playoff games, more so, in the SB. With that in mind the point that I wanted to make originally is... Without Brady this year, what matchup is there that they can effectively sell to reverse the downward trend in viewership of their product?

Protest for and against this social or political position appears to be the driving force in this declination and I don't believe that there's any combination of Keenum, Bortles, or Foles that's going to compel those lost viewers to return to their TV's, even if, it's the biggest game of the year.

Surely, by now, conspiracy theorists are revving up their "the NFL will make sure that Brady and the Patriots will make it to the final game" thoughts after reading this!:D

For me, selling Brady again and again has its limits, so even with him in the mix, I just don't see an intriguing enough opposing QB to make that sell to lost viewers.

The whole point in the great parity shift, and the giving offenses the upper hand via the rules was to increase viewership.

Now you would not be suggesting that this has failed would you??