• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blame Game week 2!

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont understand the wille young hate. yeah his penalty was a turning point but it was a ticky tack call that didnt happen till he pushed his guy about 5 yards and the ball already came out and his hands slipped into the facemask.
basically young is getting crucified cause the RT was a hair too short.

and i am not blaming bush for getting injured i am blaming his injury for our lack of offensive continuity

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Schwartz is dumb for not trying to score before the half.
^^^This.

I was screaming bloody murder when we had a minute left, 3 timeouts, and an offense that was running hot at the time. Abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous. We didn't even fucking TRY and score some points. Just another reason Linehan sucks shit. And if it was Schwartzy's call, then fuck him too.

Not trying to even move the ball proved to be just another mistake made yesterday.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to blame a coachng staff for fumbles, (Reggie Bush), stupid penalties (Willie Young), blown FGs (Akers), and dropped passes (Bell,Pettigrew). But not trying to get points with time on the board and TO is damn near sacrilegious.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the feeling Megatron hurt himself on the reception he made in the second half where he cartwheeled / tumbled over the defender. He left the game for a while and didnt look nearly as fast when he came back

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kneeling was definitely the right call. So was using the TO to get Reggie out of the game. But that's just my opinion.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kneeling was definitely the right call. So was using the TO to get Reggie out of the game. But that's just my opinion.

Gotta disagree with ur opinion smit-tay. We were rolling at that point and putting up more points was necessary. Other teams with good coordinators/coaches do that. They go for the jugular(sp?). Us, nope. We just get enough points to take the lead then sit back, relax, and watch the comeback. It's the same time and time again. This staff lacks that killer instinct.

I see it also with ND and their staff. It sucks I have to watch this shit every Saturday and Sunday.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew and and Schwartz might survive one more year, but I don't see the OC and DC making it into 2014 without a playoff appearance.

Schwartz and Mayhew have 22 wins in 4 full seasons and one blowout loss in the playoffs. I don't know how in anyone's right mind they can justify keeping either of them if they don't have AT LEAST a .500 record. I think even a .500 record deserves to have them both booted. 5 years is plenty of time to turn a team around. Even one as bad as the one Mayhew inherited.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with ur opinion smit-tay. We were rolling at that point and putting up more points was necessary. Other teams with good coordinators/coaches do that. They go for the jugular(sp?). Us, nope. We just get enough points to take the lead then sit back, relax, and watch the comeback. It's the same time and time again. This staff lacks that killer instinct.

I see it also with ND and their staff. It sucks I have to watch this shit every Saturday and Sunday.

I'd do it 95 times out of 100. (Arizona has a solid secondary, and we lack receiving options) Had Bush fumbled in that situation rather than in the second we'd have people complaining we didn't kneel. And if Akers could make field goals it wouldn't matter. (I might try for field goal position with an actual kicker). But I understand your position, I'm just conservative minded in those types of situations.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for checking in Scoob. I woulda prolly gloated. Kudos to you for not doing so. (You still can, there's plenty of time)
Not my style man. Too much football to be played. I don't need the NFL Gods dropping the hammer on me yet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my style man. Too much football to be played. I don't need the NFL Gods dropping the hammer on me yet.

So do we get to revisit Carson Palmer chatter latter? (It's not him with the Cards that I don't like, it's just him.)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we get to revisit Carson Palmer chatter latter? (It's not him with the Cards that I don't like, it's just him.)
I know he has had his issues, but he is light years better than what we had last year. We can revisit the Palmer conversation in the future. Aside for his 1-13 on third down conversions against the Lions he has looked pretty good so far.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will blame the only Senile Old Bastard in Detroit further into dementia than Leyland, FORD!!!!!! He has less idea how to run a football team than a three year old girl. The lack of discipline falls on Schwartz and he leads us to the Old Man. Until he gets his head out of his ass or, I hate to be this way, dies, we will suffer through piss poor football in Detroit. Mayhew has six weeks to asses Schwartz fully and if there is no improvement in the mental make up of this team he MUST fire Yoga Pants Jimmy and look to next season. I was so happy when he was hired, thought for sure he would be a great HC, guess I fucked up and drank that damn Kool Ade AGAIN!!!!! I just can't handle the way these jack asses continue to find ways to lose. Hanson needs to be brought back any way they can. Linehan is just as bad, big arm QB with the best WR in the game and we aren't taking deep chances at all. Must go deep to CJ quarterly at the least. How is it we can all see Pettigrew is a liability?? Give Fauria a legit shot, I really believe he has what it takes to be a beast TE. I am so pissed still to be subjected weekly, yearly, to this bullshit football. Staff was a dipshit for throwing the last pass 2 yards but why the hell was the WR running a 2 yard route??? Get passed the sticks DICKHEAD!!!!!!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more than happy for old man Ford to give the team to his son. Then the son can clean house and the new GM will have a lot of talent to start with.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with Smitty -- you have the lead on the road against a team with a good secondary. No reason to force the issue. If you turn the ball over, it gives Arizona momentum going into the half if they are able to put points on the board.

I think if Bush were to rip off 7-10 yards on that first carry -- Detroit would have tried to get points. He was stuffed on the play, so they took the safe route and the lead into halftime.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Smitty -- you have the lead on the road against a team with a good secondary. No reason to force the issue. If you turn the ball over, it gives Arizona momentum going into the half if they are able to put points on the board.

I think if Bush were to rip off 7-10 yards on that first carry -- Detroit would have tried to get points. He was stuffed on the play, so they took the safe route and the lead into halftime.

Just another example of Schwartz/Linehan being pansies. That constant "taking it easy" approach is what loses us many games. Good teams push the issue and aren't happy with a single digit lead.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the type of decisions that sometimes decide games. To me, you put the ball in your qb's hands and let him work. Seven points is no lead in this league unless you have a stout defense and the Lions don't. Who cares if they have a good secondary, you still go at them. Throw a deep bomb to Calvin or something.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that as a coach, you have to believe in your team and believe that they can play well in the 3rd and 4th, but you have to be realistic and understand your team's history of play. In this case, I wouldve thought it was a good idea to take a chance and go for it. I wonder what Mayhew thought about that, seriously? :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another example of Schwartz/Linehan being pansies. That constant "taking it easy" approach is what loses us many games. Good teams push the issue and aren't happy with a single digit lead.

What "good teams" are you eluding to micro? We don't have a kicker that's worth a shit. Forcing the ball down field with 40 seconds, risking fumbles, pick sixes and/or Staff getting slammed on a blitz doesn't make sense to me. Not when its impossible to actually be in field goal range. We lost because Akers took points off the board and Bush put points on theirs. Not because we took a couple knees before the half.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "good teams" are you eluding to micro
Take your pick. GB certainly isn't happy with a 1-TD lead. Same with NE, Denver, etc. Every team in the league shouldn't be comfortable with a 4-pt lead at half.

If you have the offense of a Jax, ok I understand. But our offense is built to score points, not leave them on the field. We didn't have 40 secs, we had 53 secs and all 3 timeouts. Yes Akers had missed previously. Does that mean we shouldn't drive down and have him attempt again? Or maybe we get lucky and score a TD. Whole different ball game at that point.

My point is that with almost a minute and 3 timeouts, atleast fucking TRY and move the ball. Most defenses in the league go to prevent with 2 minutes or less remaining. Who's to say we couldn't move the ball 40-50 yards in 50 secs to atleast attempt a FG? I guess I should just realize our coaching staff doesn't have the balls to try and put more points in the board. That'll be just one more reason his ass gets canned at the end of the season(or before).