• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blame Game week 2!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pussy mindset is exactly why the lions stink and until they can get out of that thought process you displayed they will continue to throw away games. No it wasnt the main reason they lost but it sure as shit didnt help.

And damn smitty shame on you liking sale over jv. Barf.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mindset being on the road as opposed to being at home is annoying as well. Good teams dont care they win on the road and at home because they play an entire four quarters something the lions are clearly incapable of doing and im sure its great for their confidence when their coach hangs it up with 50 seconds left in the half.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley likely Meow? I can say the same thing about an int in that situation.

Fair(ley) enough but that INT would be deep enough down the field to still require the Cards to have to move into position for a possible FG.

IMO thats a low risk proposition (the INT) coupled with an opportunity for the D to make a stop where that decision doesnt hurt us. That is a risk/reward scenario I will take every time when it involves CJ.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Staff has a strong arm. And Calvin is about as good as it gets on jump balls. But it's not like we were at mid field. (Where were we? Anybody know off the top of their head, I was listening, not watching, at the time). Maybe Im pro-Schwartz cuz were both pussies, idk. But the attempted drive that never was seems more crazy(risky) than ballsy to me.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're hoping to bait me into defending our coaching staff having balls,
I'm not going to bother.
Nope, no fishing here. I'm simply tired of our offense "staying put" and not trying to pile on the points.

I can fully understand your position of wanting to not risk an interception or God forbid Stafford get hurt. But that shit can happen at any time. Do we not pass at all when on our own 20? No. Fuck that! This opportunity was better than during the middle of the first half in that most opposing defenses, if not all, go into a prevent or some type of it. So it should've been much easier to gain 40-50 yards if not 70(for a TD) with 53 seconds and 3 motherfackin timeouts!

I thought that series was horse shit and I've noticed it many times before. I'm just fed up with it. :frusty::smash::mad2:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my question is -- say the situation is the same and detroit decides
to try and put points on the board. while doing so, they turn the ball over and
arizona scores, taking the lead into halftime.

What would your response
be today?
I'd be fine with it. I'm tired of our staff thinking we're ok with a single digit lead and hoping everything turns out ok. We have the fuckign talent to outscore opponents, which we need to most of the time. So why waste opportunities? I've already stated we had a prime opportunity to atleast get into field goal range.

It was 14-10, I believe. The defense had only given up 10 points in the 1st
half. They were playing good.
Oh I know they were. But if Sunday wasn't a prime example of how our D can go from good to God-awful in a matter of minutes, then I don't know what will. That's why we need all the points we can get.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with it. I'm tired of our staff thinking we're ok with a single digit lead and hoping everything turns out ok. We have the fuckign talent to outscore opponents, which we need to most of the time. So why waste opportunities? I've already stated we had a prime opportunity to atleast get into field goal range.

I can definitely see what you are getting at, but if it was that easy to just go down the field in 50 seconds -- the offense should have had no problem at all with 2 minutes left in the game and they couldn't even get past midfield.

Detroit's problems are much bigger than taking a knee and the lead into the locker room at halftime. If it was at home -- I think I would be more upset. On the road though -- I don't have a problem with it.

We have to figure out how to knock off the penalties -- that is absolutely killing us. 19 penalties for 189 yards in 2 games. One TD taken away because of a penalty. One turnover taken away because of a penalty. One PI that gave the Cards a TD to win the game. Those are what kills the team and what kills me is when questioned about it -- Schwartz doesn't even seem like he is bothered by it at all.

Right now -- Detroit has roughly 100 yards more in penalties in the 2 games they have played than their opponents. You just can't have that. That is a football fields worth of field position. UGH.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other part that is really don't like -- 1 sack in 2 games. Detroit's defense is supposed to be built to get to the QB. We have to figure out a way to get more pressure on the QB in future games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know they were. But if Sunday wasn't a prime example of how our D can go from good to God-awful in a matter of minutes, then I don't know what will. That's why we need all the points we can get.

Agreed. I was lost on what the Lions were trying to do with the play calling in the 2nd half? They almost completely ignored Megatron in the 2nd half and instead were just trying to throw short dump passes to Bell and Pettigrew. It was bizarre.

Also -- as I asked earlier -- did the Lions ever throw the ball downfield to Megatron deep? He had single coverage much of the game and unless I missed it, I don't remember them doing so at all.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I was lost on what the Lions were trying to do with the play calling in the 2nd half? They almost completely ignored Megatron in the 2nd half and instead were just trying to throw short dump passes to Bell and Pettigrew. It was bizarre.

Also -- as I asked earlier -- did the Lions ever throw the ball downfield to Megatron deep? He had single coverage much of the game and unless I missed it, I don't remember them doing so at all.

It's obvious to me that it's a coaching issue. That is all

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't overlook the fact that players like Durham and Nate barely can beat #2 cbs and nicklebacks. Those check-downs to Bell were all because nobody could get open.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't overlook the fact that players like Durham and Nate barely can beat #2 cbs and nicklebacks. Those check-downs to Bell were all because nobody could get open.

Detroit is desperate for a number two that can open things up. The Lions have an unusually high number of guys that look more like possession guys the guys that can create their own space.

I am thinking we will see a good dose of Fauria and Scheffler in Washington.