• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blame Game week 2!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said in the first half of the vikings game the lions just are not that good and there is plenty of blame to toss around but in the nfl it starts with the coaching or in detroits case lack of. Schwartz and crew shouldve never been allowed back. The hapless cardinals have squeezed out two wins in the past forever and both have come against the lowly lions. To be good in the nfl yo have to win the winnable games on the road. Detroit is clearly an entirely different team withou bush so its too soon to say if the season is a lost cause, it depends on the severity of his injury, but even if reggie is healthy the lions are in trouble. Imagine what a real team like green bay will do to us. Yeah the cardinals are better this year but they are a 4-12 to 5-11 squad. Lions run defense was much worse imo than they were against minny and i think missing fairley was huge. Akers is trash and bentley isnt much better. Stafford needs to play an entire game of football and the lions continue to be penalized way too much. I was also annoyed that the lions got the ball back with 50 seconds left in the first half and ran it waited until 19 seconds or so, called timeout to run it again!!! That kind of shit pisses me off. 50 seconds is plenty of time to drive down the field and at least kick a field goal and as long as the lions continue to pussyfoot around in situations like that they will continue to be a subpar football team, so ive gone full circle. Coaching.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah i see others have already alluded to the lions coaching staff being wimps. The way the lions offense was rolling in the first half you go for blood. I dont care where the game is or what the score is, they had an entire fucking half to play. It was godawful and typical same old lions crap. I guarantee the cardinals would have tried something and can you imagine belichick and the patriots sitting on the football. Lol.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "good teams" are you eluding to micro? We don't have a kicker that's worth a shit. Forcing the ball down field with 40 seconds, risking fumbles, pick sixes and/or Staff getting slammed on a blitz doesn't make sense to me. Not when its impossible to actually be in field goal range. We lost because Akers took points off the board and Bush put points on theirs. Not because we took a couple knees before the half.

Who says force the ball down the field? More often than not the defense plays deep allowing passes in the middle of the field, and more often than not teams score with less than two minutes to go. I for one think its a stupid idea to play an entirely different defense when your defense has been successful up to that point gut i see it happen again and again and with a team like the explosive lions who had momentum, plenty of time and timeouts it was just the wrong decision. Now they may have still lost even if they had gotten some points there and yes there is a risk of a turnover as there is at any moment in the entirety of the game. It was a coaching mistake.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical! Laker and hevo teaming up on me again. I shoulda figured as much.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your pick. GB certainly isn't happy with a 1-TD lead. Same with NE, Denver, etc. Every team in the league shouldn't be comfortable with a 4-pt lead at half.

If you have the offense of a Jax, ok I understand. But our offense is built to score points, not leave them on the field. We didn't have 40 secs, we had 53 secs and all 3 timeouts. Yes Akers had missed previously. Does that mean we shouldn't drive down and have him attempt again? Or maybe we get lucky and score a TD. Whole different ball game at that point.

My point is that with almost a minute and 3 timeouts, atleast fucking TRY and move the ball. Most defenses in the league go to prevent with 2 minutes or less remaining. Who's to say we couldn't move the ball 40-50 yards in 50 secs to atleast attempt a FG? I guess I should just realize our coaching staff doesn't have the balls to try and put more points in the board. That'll be just one more reason his ass gets canned at the end of the season(or before).

I see where you're coming from. But to me, good teams hold their opponent to less points than they score themselves. Rather than out score them.(what's the point in trying to get to field goal range?) We may not be a good team. But I don't mind if we start carrying ourselves like one. Which is what, IMO, was going on Sunday before the half. If you're hoping to bait me into defending our coaching staff having balls, I'm not going to bother. I planned on reading that stuff all season after every loss, and I haven't been wrong yet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB is forced to score. For the same reason we were forced to pass more than any team, ever, last season. I really don't think good teams would have forced anything in that situation.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird smitty we almost always agree thats two in two weeks we disagree on. I guess you cant always be right though haha.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you're coming from. But to me, good teams hold their opponent to less points than they score themselves. Rather than out score them.(what's the point in trying to get to field goal range?) We may not be a good team. But I don't mind if we start carrying ourselves like one. Which is what, IMO, was going on Sunday before the half. If you're hoping to bait me into defending our coaching staff having balls, I'm not going to bother. I planned on reading that stuff all season after every loss, and I haven't been wrong yet.

Yeah but neither have the antischwartz fans. Year after year the lions continue to be the laughing stock of the nfl because schwartz thinks its ok to rack up hundred yard penalty games and dumb in the play personal fouls, and year after year the antischwartz ans have said he needs to go. The turning point was the handshake everyone knew what an egotistical selfish tool he was (harbaugh as well). Schwartz has never had any control over this team because he has always been afraid to bench players for stupid fucking penalties.its too late now, the dont respect him and why should they? If your parents just let you do whatever growing up would you respect that?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if the lions hadnt allowed that late td and won the game most everyone would be talking about how awesome they are and i would be talking about how they are in for a long season still. Its amazing the difference between a win and a loss.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but neither have the antischwartz fans. Year after year the lions continue to be the laughing stock of the nfl because schwartz thinks its ok to rack up hundred yard penalty games and dumb in the play personal fouls, and year after year the antischwartz ans have said he needs to go. The turning point was the handshake everyone knew what an egotistical selfish tool he was (harbaugh as well). Schwartz has never had any control over this team because he has always been afraid to bench players for stupid fucking penalties.its too late now, the dont respect him and why should they? If your parents just let you do whatever growing up would you respect that?

I'm not gonna do it laker.... (My mom slapped me in the mouth whenever I said anything remotely rude. I lived in fear, so I became polite, well mannered and passive as a result. Damn it, that was your point wasn't it?)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird smitty we almost always agree thats two in two weeks we disagree on. I guess you cant always be right though haha.

I did talk up the White Sox a lot back in the spring.... Hahaha. I have nobody to blame on that though. (I could blame myself, but that would be out of character)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn i was hoping you forgot i was also big on the sox although i also have been on the royals bandwagon since day 1. Although i did say moustakas had potential for 30, oops. Ah well.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent forgotten your chris sale and peavy were a better 1-2 than jv and max tho eithet

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the type of decisions that sometimes decide games. To me, you put the ball in your qb's hands and let him work. Seven points is no lead in this league unless you have a stout defense and the Lions don't. Who cares if they have a good secondary, you still go at them. Throw a deep bomb to Calvin or something.

Ding, ding, ding,...... we have a winner. That's exactly what you do on first down, you throw the long ball to CJ hoping to either get the catch or a PI penalty, which is a fairly likely scenario when you throw it up to him. You can run the ball on second down if the first play doesnt work.

But noooooooooooo, one nut Linehan hands the ball off. None of Schwartz, Linehan, and Cunningham are worth a crap. Linehan and Cunningham are both failed head coaches and neither of them will ever be sought again for the role. That ought to tell ownership something right there. Schwartz will soon join the group of failed head coaches and never again be considered for a head coaching job again. Nothing gets better with this team until they are all gone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent forgotten your chris sale and peavy were a better 1-2 than jv and max tho eithet

I'd take Chris Sale and most anybody over Scherzer and most anybody. I might be mostly wrong, but I really like Sale. (Ill try to limit my baseball talk to just two forums the rest of the day)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i will take jv and most anyone over sale and peavy even in his down year and even when the season started, jv and fister, jv and sanchez, all over sale and peavy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to set myself up for ridicule or anything... But.... I'm not always huge on JV. (This wasnt one of the two thread I was thinking hahaha) He's great, don't get me wrong. Possibly the best right hander of his generation.(Im being a traitor) But he's just not my Tiger. I go to see him pitch, I've got the jersey, I've got the face, but Im all aboot Sale.(Scherzer I probably don't need to comment on) Only problem is he's a no good lousy dirty stinking White Sock.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley likely Meow? I can say the same thing about an int in that situation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your pick. GB certainly isn't happy with a 1-TD lead. Same with NE, Denver, etc. Every team in the league shouldn't be comfortable with a 4-pt lead at half.

If you have the offense of a Jax, ok I understand. But our offense is built to score points, not leave them on the field. We didn't have 40 secs, we had 53 secs and all 3 timeouts. Yes Akers had missed previously. Does that mean we shouldn't drive down and have him attempt again? Or maybe we get lucky and score a TD. Whole different ball game at that point.

My point is that with almost a minute and 3 timeouts, atleast fucking TRY and move the ball. Most defenses in the league go to prevent with 2 minutes or less remaining. Who's to say we couldn't move the ball 40-50 yards in 50 secs to atleast attempt a FG? I guess I should just realize our coaching staff doesn't have the balls to try and put more points in the board. That'll be just one more reason his ass gets canned at the end of the season(or before).

I guess my question is -- say the situation is the same and detroit decides to try and put points on the board. while doing so, they turn the ball over and arizona scores, taking the lead into halftime.

What would your response be today? Would you be praising Schwartz and Linehan for having the balls to try and put more points on the board? Or would you be on here upset they turned the ball over and the lead on the road before halftime?

It was 14-10, I believe. The defense had only given up 10 points in the 1st half. They were playing good. Our FG kicker has already had issues in the game. There is A LOT of problems I have with our coaching staff, but taking the lead into halftime on the road, instead of pressing the issue, isn't one of them.

Play calling in the 2nd half? I'm with you -- it was atrocious.
Defensive Line not pressuring the QB? I'm with you -- it was non-existent most of the game.
Drops by the offense? I'm with you -- it is borderline ridiculous, how many we seem to have.
Pettigrew regressing? I'm with you -- he truly looks like he has become worse since joining the Lions

I could go on and on about that game. FG kicking, penalties, no separation by the WRs, offense looking terrible without Bush, etc. etc.

The least of our worries should be playing it safe and taking the lead into halftime.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well im not micro but ill bite. So anytime the lions could possibly turn the ball over which is literally any time in the entire game they shouldnt make that play? It was a bad move, period. Schwarz is talking up how he is ok with penalties because he likes his players being aggressive thats ok. But mistake after mistake negating big plays due to his players being "aggressive" is ok, and him not stepping on their throat with the way his offense had been dominating, that much time, where they were on field, how many timeouts they had, how pumped they were it was a mistake, it deflated them and they never came back from it. So i would not have been upset personally as I dont get upset when he makes the right call, it just doesnt happen. Now if they were inside the ten with no timeouts and twenty seconds i would be livid. Theres a big difference there though. All his talk about aggression and hes just a pussy.