• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Panther: The Album

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I don't mean any disrespect, but you're probably the epitome of the individuals Kendrick Lamar and the hip-hop community hates.

I hate people that feel entitled
Look at me crazy 'cause I ain't invite you
Oh, you important?
You the moral to the story? You endorsin'?
Motherfucker, I don't even like you
what the hell are you talking about?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I don't mean any disrespect, but you're probably the epitome of the individuals Kendrick Lamar and the hip-hop community hates.

I hate people that feel entitled
Look at me crazy 'cause I ain't invite you
Oh, you important?
You the moral to the story? You endorsin'?
Motherfucker, I don't even like you

Beepity bop,
A'boppity boop,
I'm a rapper, maaaan,
I be rolling in "da" coupe!

....d...did I do it right?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell are you talking about?
I mean that Kendrick Lamar, who is rich as a motherfucker and no longer needs listeners regardless of who they are; probably hates a 30 year old Maryland guy who has no connection to inner-city black life nor ever listened to him before who decides to buy his fifth studio album only because it was the soundtrack for a Marvel movie.

I'm not saying he's right. And my demographic is stereotypically probably pretty piss poor in his eyes too. I'm just saying what he probably thinks.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beepity bop,
A'boppity boop,
I'm a rapper, maaaan,
I be rolling in "da" coupe!

....d...did I do it right?
If it sells 154,000 copies in its first week and debuts at Number 1 on the Billboards, like "Black Panther: The Album" did, then yeah. But it didn't, and you're a retard.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that Kendrick Lamar, who is rich as a motherfucker and no longer needs listeners regardless of who they are; probably hates a 30 year old Maryland guy who has no connection to inner-city black life nor ever listened to him before who decides to buy his fifth studio album only because it was the soundtrack for a Marvel movie.

I'm not saying he's right. And my demographic is stereotypically probably pretty piss poor in his eyes too. I'm just saying what he probably thinks.
I honestly don't get what you are getting at. I have been listening to Kendrick for a couple years now. I didn't listen to it just because it was in the movie. I listen to a good amount of rap, Kendrick and Chance being my go tos as of late, but I also enjoy Childish Gambino, Action Bronson, Run the Jewels, and the Cardi B mixtapes have been pretty entertaining.

But, no, you know me really well and can speak to everything I do, so it's cool

Carry on, kiddo. I knew there was a reason I avoid your opinionated threads where you try to speak down on people who have any kind of opinion.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get what you are getting at. I have been listening to Kendrick for a couple years now. I didn't listen to it just because it was in the movie. I listen to a good amount of rap, Kendrick and Chance being my go tos as of late, but I also enjoy Childish Gambino, Action Bronson, Run the Jewels, and the Cardi B mixtapes have been pretty entertaining.

But, no, you know me really well and can speak to everything I do, so it's cool

Carry on, kiddo.
Well, considering this information, my bit about you only listening to this album because it's a Marvel film is incorrect. I am sorry.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it sells 154,000 copies in its first week, like "Black Panther: The Album" did, then yeah. But it didn't, and you're a retard.

I remember when i thought rap was cool. Then I turned 14.

Could this be the first ever "rap"?

My, we've come a long way, have we not?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when i thought rap was cool. Then I turned 14.

Could this be the first ever "rap"?

My, we've come a long way, have we not?
Jeesh.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering this information, my bit about you only listening to this album because it's a Marvel film is incorrect. I am sorry.
what I meant by my original statement is that the album and the movie meshed really well.

I listened to it on Friday at work, saw the movie that night.

The music definitely stands out throughout the flick and I was wondering if it was something that would bother certain people.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gave this a listen to from beginning to end. I'm pretty ambivalent in my feelings towards Kendrick, but let me just say, holy shit- this is one of the best hip-hop albums released within the last 5 years.

If you don't know anything about it, Kendrick Lamar is the curator, and is credited with featuring on 5 of the 14 songs on the album, though he appears in some way or another on pretty much all the others as well I believe. It also has Schoolboy Q, SZA, The Weeknd, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, Travis Scott, and others.

There is probably one filler song on this album (Redemption), a couple mediocre songs (Redemption Interlude, I Am), and the rest are all legitimate bangers/fire. I'm not kidding. And don't think I'm dickriding Kendrick either. I liked Damn., but I've been critical of the common view of him as the greatest rapper today. I think he's great, certainly well above average, but he's not the greatest to me (plus his production often is lacking).

Have any other hip-hop fans heard this? Let me know what you think:

@Bloody Brian Burke
@Lions=TeHsUcKs
@StanMarsh51
@broncosmitty
@Brasky
@Edonidd
@SJ76
@Cyder
@CatsTopPac
@DetroitDevil

I wasn't even planning on seeing the film "Black Panther" until it came out on Amazon for rental, but after hearing this album, I'm trying to see it thus Sunday with my dad.
I had heard a couple but I have a bit of a drive later today and i'll stream it up.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his voice more than what he has to say.
He's got a good voice and his style is solid

They lyrics are great, but the rhythm and sound gets me more