• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills new stadium now "official"

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still Viking fans who think the stadium should be an outdoor stadium. They call themselves purists. I call them people who dont have tickets to the games and/or have never sat outside for 4 hours in MN in January.

The Wilfs originally wanted to make US Bank Stadium a retractable roof so that they had the option of outdoor playoff games. That quickly was shot down because the NFL decides whether or not the roof is open and it wouldn't have been worth paying for considering it's only going to be open for 2, maybe 3 home games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that NFL games can be postponed or even cancelled due to lightning is reason enough to equip every new stadium w a retractable roof.

Here are a few more reasons all NFL teams should have domes.

-really cold weather

-really hot weather

-rain

-snow

-wind

This ain't baseball. Football's supposed to be played in the elements. That's why the season doesn't start at the beginning of summer.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few more reasons all NFL teams should have domes.

-really cold weather

-really hot weather

-rain

-snow

-wind

This ain't baseball. Football's supposed to be played in the elements. That's why the season doesn't start at the beginning of summer.

They don’t play in lightning. And you’re only saying this because you’re a Pats fan. Let’s see how full that stadium gets in the post Brady era when you’re not winning every week all the time anymore.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t play in lightning. And you're only saying this because you're a Pats fan. Let’s see how full that stadium gets in the post Brady era when you’re not winning every week all the time anymore.

I'm a Pats fan? That's news to me.

Hey @sonnyblack65

This is some funny shit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t play in lightning. And you’re only saying this -->because you’re a Pats fan.<-- Let’s see how full that stadium gets in the post Brady era when you’re not winning every week all the time anymore.

200w.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t play in lightning. And you’re only saying this -->because you’re a Pats fan.<-- Let’s see how full that stadium gets in the post Brady era when you’re not winning every week all the time anymore.

laughing-laugh.gif

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really is nice that this got done. I would have hated seeing the Portland Bills or something like that.

Been too much change in the NFL as it is lately. I might never be able to say Commanders instead of Redskins. And I dont expect to stop saying San Diego or Oakland for a couple of years either.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really is nice that this got done. I would have hated seeing the Portland Bills or something like that.

Been too much change in the NFL as it is lately. I might never be able to say Commanders instead of Redskins. And I dont expect to stop saying San Diego or Oakland for a couple of years either.

Agreed, Bills Mafia deserves something nice. they've been loyal through some tough times and are getting rewarded with a franchise QB and soon enough, a new stadium.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bills and the county/state have reached a formal agreement:
- new stadium, basically across the street from the current one
- Bills guaranteed to stay in Buffalo for the next 30 years
- minimum 60,000 seats
- could be ready as soon as 2026
- combination of public/private funding
- stadium design not finalized, but expected to be open-air, similar to Dallas where overhangs partially shield fans from the elements

Terrible news.

Another bullshit indoor stadium removing the elements from the game, especially in a great football outdoor location.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you settle for some heated seats?
the Bills current stadium already has some of those. the "red seats" are club seats in the section between the upper/lower decks. All the seats are heated, and mostly covered by the upper deck. There's also the club area behind the seats with bar/food/tv etc.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- stadium design not finalized, but expected to be open-air, similar to Dallas where overhangs partially shield fans from the elements

What is this article talking about? Dallas is not an open air stadium. Putting a sunroof in a car doesn't turn it into a convertible.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you settle for some heated seats?

Didn’t they have to dig the place out a few years ago?

Edit: they did

Sorry for triggering all the tough guys. Point is for 850 million fans should expect a lot more. Building the same POS place across the street?? Cool. Charge them $10 a month like it’s Hulu. GTFO w 850 million and its just walls and seats. Great work Buffalo.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this article talking about? Dallas is not an open air stadium. Putting a sunroof in a car doesn't turn it into a convertible.
sorry for the confusion. the stadium designs being discussed tend to resemble the old Dallas stadium.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they are limiting capacity but wonder if that means they will have more standing room tickets..
Why not build a stadium with 75,000 seats that will sellout before the concrete form is poured.
Buffalo and their fans deserve a dent venue. After all, Toronto is a couple of miles across the water and was putting together a Canadian gov't funded $2B 80,000 seat stadium proposal to lure the team across the border.

Money talks.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open air stadia are nice when you're young. Now, for me, not so much. They're not good for locations that can attract non-footballing indoor stadium events.