• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BigXII Defenses Cordinators

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone be a great DC in the BigXII? It's been awhile seen anyone have a Top defense in the league. Some great defensive minded coaches have came to this league and change philosophies to bend not break.
You just said BIGXII and defensive coordinators......:pound:

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up on defense in the B-12 years ago. But these days there's not a whole lot going on elswhere, either.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny diaz keeps getting mentioned. Is he a quality coach in your opinion?

When a was the last time the big12 had 1st rd draft picks on d? We had a guy on the radio that played at OU and NFL saying 1 guy from the OU D that would see the field for Florida.

He is a quality game day coach. He is terrible at developing players IMO. As soon as Muschamps guys were gone we shit the bed, then Greg Robinson came in and went back to the basics again and we improved after he was fired. With a fundamentally sound team though, Manny can scheme with the best of them.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where Baylor and TCU had Top 25 defenses in 2014. Both teams gave up 60+ points in a game that year. Not what I would call a great defense.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny diaz keeps getting mentioned. Is he a quality coach in your opinion?

When a was the last time the big12 had 1st rd draft picks on d? We had a guy on the radio that played at OU and NFL saying 1 guy from the OU D that would see the field for Florida.

You could bring in a drunk fan from the stands and do a better job.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a quality game day coach. He is terrible at developing players IMO. As soon as Muschamps guys were gone we shit the bed, then Greg Robinson came in and went back to the basics again and we improved after he was fired. With a fundamentally sound team though, Manny can scheme with the best of them.

I think that was more a result of Manny v Akina. That was a marriage that was never going to work

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense puts me to sleep. Lets just throw passes boys :suds:
I know your joking, but the 1 year yall actually had a legit shot at title contention it was because you had at least a serviceable defense to go along with Crabtree and company. Just ran into a buzzsaw in Norman.

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where Baylor and TCU had Top 25 defenses in 2014. Both teams gave up 60+ points in a game that year. Not what I would call a great defense.
I think a better determinate of defense is Yards Per Play. You can't use Points Per Game if a team is running 85-90 plays a game, versus a team running 50-60 plays a game. Obviously the more plays you run, the quicker you score, the more time and opportunity the other team has to score. With that said however, OU was the only team in the Big 12 last year that was in the top 25 (#14) in this category.

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your joking, but the 1 year yall actually had a legit shot at title contention it was because you had at least a serviceable defense to go along with Crabtree and company. Just ran into a buzzsaw in Norman.
Yes, we know that. Thanks for the insight and reminder of when we actually had a team. :mad2:

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a better determinate of defense is Yards Per Play. You can't use Points Per Game if a team is running 85-90 plays a game, versus a team running 50-60 plays a game. Obviously the more plays you run, the quicker you score, the more time and opportunity the other team has to score. With that said however, OU was the only team in the Big 12 last year that was in the top 25 (#14) in this category.

and we played Okielite, TCU and Baylor with their backup QB. 60 plays or 75 plays, 60 points is not a good defense.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is I wouldnt want the job.

Face that shit week after week? Sure, once a year, not a problem. But in this conference, 7x7/flag football/basketball on grass is a weekly deal.

There's a reason Saban did not want it to take over football. Because it makes defense an afterthought. It's just about scoring and shootouts. Takes all the fun out of football, if you ask me. TD after TD, back and forth.

Used to be, a big pass play, or a long run, was an event. Now it's just like playing a video game, hurry up and let the other team score so I can run my offense.

Not for me.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is I wouldnt want the job.

Face that shit week after week? Sure, once a year, not a problem. But in this conference, 7x7/flag football/basketball on grass is a weekly deal.

There's a reason Saban did not want it to take over football. Because it makes defense an afterthought. It's just about scoring and shootouts. Takes all the fun out of football, if you ask me. TD after TD, back and forth.

Used to be, a big pass play, or a long run, was an event. Now it's just like playing a video game, hurry up and let the other team score so I can run my offense.

Not for me.

The other reason not to do it is the Big 12 basically outlawed holding. Well, for the offense they outlawed it. OL down field is another call wiped from the books.