• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggs: Two Inside Sources Suggest That the Bears Have a Target Date for Trubisky's Debut

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the sentiment of letting Trubs develop gradually, but I also agree with rich. We have two studs at RB and an o-line that thrives on run blocking. You add just a semblance of a downfield threat, and even just Trubs' mobility and his threat to run it himself, and suddenly that good-to-great running game becomes just great.

My biggest worry about starting him is our shitty receivers, but if we are just gonna ground and pound anyway, why not start him? Keep it simple, and don't ask him to do too much. We are already asking Glennon to do next-to-nothing, and he STILL finds ways to be awful. Why not employ the same gameplan with Trubs, and see if he can actually complete some of the few passes called?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you being an asshole just because I disagreed that the bears weren't going defense round 1.

You're sensitive. I disagreed with you. I was wrong.

However, there was a barrage of people who thought QB was a possibility for us. In fact, there was a barrage of people who actually got that QB correct.

"It's unbelievable how dead on I have been"... What? lol. Dude... A) You predicted we'd take Watson. B) You predicted (like many others) that we'd take a QB after letting our previous long-time QB walk and going 3-13. Again, shocker.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the sentiment of letting Trubs develop gradually, but I also agree with rich. We have two studs at RB and an o-line that thrives on run blocking. You add just a semblance of a downfield threat, and even just Trubs' mobility and his threat to run it himself, and suddenly that good-to-great running game becomes just great.

My biggest worry about starting him is our shitty receivers, but if we are just gonna ground and pound anyway, why not start him? Keep it simple, and don't ask him to do too much. We are already asking Glennon to do next-to-nothing, and he STILL finds ways to be awful. Why not employ the same gameplan with Trubs, and see if he can actually complete some of the few passes called?

@beardown07, are you in sales? because you just sold the fuck out of that idea to me. i'm in, and i'm not even a bears fan. get mitch in there and keep it steady.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The receivers are shit, no doubt. However, didn't Matt freakin Barkley make some shit happen last year with Bellamy as his #1? Lol

They're bad, but Wright and Wheat are definitely legit NFL guys. Not even close to #1's, but they're guys who would be seeing significant snaps with the vast majority of teams. Wright had a 1,000 yard season recently in Tennessee.

Glennon had his two targets very open on those INT's. He had receivers open that he short-armed. On that long shot to Bellamy into multiple defenders, he had either Wheaton or Wright (could not tell) streaking uncovered down the right sideline.

Is our WR corp one of the worst 3-4 in the NFL? Yes, but this is still WAY worse than it should be. We should at least have an offense comparable to what we had with Matt Barkley and Bellamy/Marquess Wilson on the outside. lol. Not to mention, Long/Sitton/Massie/Whitehair healthy, along with Miller and adding Cohen to the mix.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also add that, we could use Trub's legs a lot. Some read option, rollouts... etc... I mean, it would help our situation in so many ways.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receivers are shit, no doubt. However, didn't Matt freakin Barkley make some shit happen last year with Bellamy as his #1? Lol

They're bad, but Wright and Wheat are definitely legit NFL guys. Not even close to #1's, but they're guys who would be seeing significant snaps with the vast majority of teams. Wright had a 1,000 yard season recently in Tennessee.

Glennon had his two targets very open on those INT's. He had receivers open that he short-armed. On that long shot to Bellamy into multiple defenders, he had either Wheaton or Wright (could not tell) streaking uncovered down the right sideline.

Is our WR corp one of the worst 3-4 in the NFL? Yes, but this is still WAY worse than it should be. We should at least have an offense comparable to what we had with Matt Barkley and Bellamy/Marquess Wilson on the outside. lol. Not to mention, Long/Sitton/Massie/Whitehair healthy, along with Miller and adding Cohen to the mix.

Agreed.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sensitive. I disagreed with you. I was wrong.

However, there was a barrage of people who thought QB was a possibility for us. In fact, there was a barrage of people who actually got that QB correct.

"It's unbelievable how dead on I have been"... What? lol. Dude... A) You predicted we'd take Watson. B) You predicted (like many others) that we'd take a QB after letting our previous long-time QB walk and going 3-13. Again, shocker.
Ok, it's not that impressive. I agree. But you said it wasn't even a possibility. The less it reflects on me being smart, the more it reflects on you not having a clue what you're talking about.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it's not that impressive. I agree. But you said it wasn't even a possibility. The less it reflects on me being smart, the more it reflects on you not having a clue what you're talking about.

Yeah... our GM and coach only used an unprecedented amount of misdirection to cover-up their intentions with the draft. Intentionally putting out disinformation into the league to create the narrative that they had no interest in a QB.

This actually demonstrates that I was paying attention to what was going on around the league, and you were talking out of your ass. The fact that you happened to pull a semblance of something out of your ass, in very extraordinary circumstances? Congrats... I guess :noidea:

I'll keep paying attention to the news-stream around the league for future drafts though... You keep going off of the cuff, and I would look forward to seeing who is right 9 times out of 10.

The fact that you're trying to spin all of this past draft speculation into meaning something substantial is just sad, and shows you are desperate for admiration. Like... what are you doing? Jesus Christ dude. Nobody is even coming at you. You said something silly... I reacted as anyone should when somebody is pounding their chest out loud over "kind of" getting a draft pick right. I didn't attack you. Fuckin a man.

What is it with this damn board lately? Didn't we even talk about that particular exchange, and I said I was an ass?

Mental patients...

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... our GM and coach only used an unprecedented amount of misdirection to cover-up their intentions with the draft. Intentionally putting out disinformation into the league to create the narrative that they had no interest in a QB.

This actually demonstrates that I was paying attention to what was going on around the league, and you were talking out of your ass. The fact that you happened to pull a semblance of something out of your ass, in very extraordinary circumstances? Congrats... I guess :noidea:

I'll keep paying attention to the news-stream around the league for future drafts though... You keep going off of the cuff, and I would look forward to seeing who is right 9 times out of 10.

The fact that you're trying to spin all of this past draft speculation into meaning something substantial is just sad, and shows you are desperate for admiration. Like... what are you doing? Jesus Christ dude. Nobody is even coming at you. You said something silly... I reacted as anyone should when somebody is pounding their chest out loud over "kind of" getting a draft pick right. I didn't attack you. Fuckin a man.

What is it with this damn board lately? Didn't we even talk about that particular exchange, and I said I was an ass?

Mental patients...
Looking at Bears depth for clues as to who they will draft

Good spin. You definitely seemed to be more in tune. I could find other examples, but this is suffice.

And I bring it up because more times than not you are just flat out wrong. You're an idiot who thinks and acts like he's an intelligent sports fan. It's incredibly annoying. You're wrong almost all the time, yet you act like you have a good track record.