• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggs: Two Inside Sources Suggest That the Bears Have a Target Date for Trubisky's Debut

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most agree it’s a matter of when and not if Mitch Trubisky will take the reins of the offense this season. So the question becomes when? When is the best time to make a change to the No. 2 overall draft pick? Some have suggested the best time might be after the Bears play at Green Bay on Thursday. To be very clear, I don’t see a move happening that soon unless the offense is a complete mess against the Packers. Even then, I’m not sure the Bears want to move beyond Mike Glennon this quickly. That point in the schedule would provide some extra time to prepare for the Vikings, who come to Soldier Field for “Monday Night Football” on Oct. 9. At most, the Bears will have two extra practices than they would in a normal week. The extra practices would come on Monday, which is normally a day for meetings and treatment after a game, and on Saturday, Oct. 7. Typically, clubs hold a walk-through on Saturdays before a Sunday game and the walk-through in this case will happen on Sunday, Oct. 8.

So, Trubisky would have just a little extra action in practice if the Bears were to hand things over to him in Week 5 against Minnesota. Two folks I have spoken to that are closely monitoring the situation and have a vested interest in seeing Trubisky play well suggested a better date could be in Week 8 when the Bears play at the Saints on Oct. 29, the week before the bye. Their reasoning is that the Saints’ defense is atrocious and while the Superdome can be a rowdy place to play, it eliminates the added pressure a rookie would feel making a debut at home. The Vikings have a very talented defense and after that the Bears play at Baltimore and then host Carolina, two other teams with pretty solid defenses. Yes, I realize Baltimore’s defense looked bad Sunday morning in a London beatdown at the hands of the Jaguars. The Bears certainly have made history playing in New Orleans in the past. We’ll have to wait and see how things shake out.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the argument, that our receiving corps is decimated, and was shitty to begin with.

I could see the argument, for being unsure as to how competitive the team was, and not wanting to chuck him out there ala the Browns especial.

I could see arguing experience and that with good-to-great D and an above-average run game, a "great " QB is not needed.

With all that......given our recent history of failure...WHY NOT!?

Ge t the kid in the game. Don't waste the youth and energy. GET HIM IN THERE.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the argument, that our receiving corps is decimated, and was shitty to begin with.

I could see the argument, for being unsure as to how competitive the team was, and not wanting to chuck him out there ala the Browns especial.

I could see arguing experience and that with good-to-great D and an above-average run game, a "great " QB is not needed.

With all that......given our recent history of failure...WHY NOT!?

Ge t the kid in the game. Don't waste the youth and energy. GET HIM IN THERE.

There's just no argument anymore that could be made against him being able to help us.

We just beat the Steelers while our QB passed for 80 yards and threw a pick backed up at his own 20.

How could Trub not help us?

The only reasoning Fox could possibly have is that he wants to make sure Trub is in the best situation possible when he makes his debut. Which makes waiting for New Orleans SOMEwhat logical. This schedule is pretty damn brutal defensively up to that point. GB, MIN, BAL and CAR. Things lighten up a lot in the 2nd half.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'm done with Glennon but I can understand playing him for a few more weeks. I wasn't a huge fan of the Trubisky pick, or rather the draft in general, but we need to see what we have. With Glennon we know that. It's 16-27 200 yards 1td 1int.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, it's funny how right I have been about bears moves.

When we sign Glennon, I say we are about to draft a QB, and everyone thinks I'm crazy.

When we got trubs (I was thinking Watson at the time) I pinpointed weeks 8-10 as when we see him first due to our schedule. This story jives with what I have been saying. Still, I am skeptical of the sources.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, it's funny how right I have been about bears moves.

When we sign Glennon, I say we are about to draft a QB, and everyone thinks I'm crazy.

When we got trubs (I was thinking Watson at the time) I pinpointed weeks 8-10 as when we see him first due to our schedule. This story jives with what I have been saying. Still, I am skeptical of the sources.

Let me get this straight.

You predicted that a 3-13 team who just released their long-time QB, would draft a new QB (no way!) in Watson. We then take Trubisky instead. You then claimed Trubisky would not start until at least halfway through the season, like everyone else and their mother did.

Really going on out some wild limbs there. Right on the money! Oh boy!

I'm sorry, but come on dude. :pound:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another virtuoso prognosticator in our ranks.. :burt:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see richi and beardown finally get together and fuck. You two dolts were made for each other. lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hurr durr hurr..ima genius..hurr durr durr...Howard sucks...hurp da derp...I beg for attention, then whine like a girl when I get it...herr da derr..

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight.

You predicted that a 3-13 team who just released their long-time QB, would draft a new QB (no way!) in Watson. We then take Trubisky instead. You then claimed Trubisky would not start until at least halfway through the season, like everyone else and their mother did.

Really going on out some wild limbs there. Right on the money! Oh boy!

I'm sorry, but come on dude. :pound:
I remember you being an asshole just because I disagreed that the bears weren't going defense round 1.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Tony Dungy getting into it. He says he is confused why Trubisky isn't starting.

John Fox is being exposed as the old guy that refuses to adapt. The game has clearly passed him by.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Trubs may not fix things like Hooper and Jordy being WIDE open. Or stupid penalties. Or dropped passes. Play calling, etc.

Glennon is an easy target but the Bears have more problems than him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world did we pay Glennon 16M for this year is beyond my understanding. I don't think Pace should be fired, however if you are going to make a case for it, signing Glennon to that contract would be number 1 on the list.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Trubs may not fix things like Hooper and Jordy being WIDE open. Or stupid penalties. Or dropped passes. Play calling, etc.

Glennon is an easy target but the Bears have more problems than him.

They have shown that they can compete, as long they don't turn it over and get behind early. With Glennon, they are not built to come from behind. They can bounce back from an opening drive TD. It gets exponentially harder when 5 seconds later, the opponent is knocking on the door again for another 7 due to a stupid turnover.

Glennon has not played well. 5 picks, and all of them have been on terrible throws, i.e. none were great plays by the defense.

Our WR corps is terrible tho, and last nite the o-line was bad too. Still, Glennon hasn't done much to inspire confidence from anyone.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we discussed this, I think worst case scenario was going to be week 7. I could actually see it come next week. I think we'll know soon. Glennon does not deserve it right now.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have shown that they can compete, as long they don't turn it over and get behind early. With Glennon, they are not built to come from behind. They can bounce back from an opening drive TD. It gets exponentially harder when 5 seconds later, the opponent is knocking on the door again for another 7 due to a stupid turnover.

Glennon has not played well. 5 picks, and all of them have been on terrible throws, i.e. none were great plays by the defense.

Our WR corps is terrible tho, and last nite the o-line was bad too. Still, Glennon hasn't done much to inspire confidence from anyone.
To be clear, I'm on the fence about starting Trubisky.
My point is the WR will not help. The defense may not be able to keep them in games (they've allowed the 3rd most points per game).

I'm frustrated too.
All week I've heard how the Packers' O-line was banged up and vulnerable. The game plan that was put in place didn't seem to have any affect on Rodgers. Was that good game-planning by the Pack? Or poor planning by the Bears? Maybe a little of both.

We knew coming into this season that Trubisky needed to learn on the sidelines.
I'm willing to wait. Bears aren't going anywhere anyway. (As brutal as that is to accept.)

But if you look at a sampling of the list of first round QB that have been taken since 2006, it may be the wise thing to wait. Because teams that didn't wait eventually ruined their QB.
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I'm on the fence about starting Trubisky.
My point is the WR will not help. The defense may not be able to keep them in games (they've allowed the 3rd most points per game).

I'm frustrated too.
All week I've heard how the Packers' O-line was banged up and vulnerable. The game plan that was put in place didn't seem to have any affect on Rodgers. Was that good game-planning by the Pack? Or poor planning by the Bears? Maybe a little of both.

We knew coming into this season that Trubisky needed to learn on the sidelines.
I'm willing to wait. Bears aren't going anywhere anyway. (As brutal as that is to accept.)

But if you look at a sampling of the list of first round QB that have been taken since 2006, it may be the wise thing to wait. Because teams that didn't wait eventually ruined their QB.
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden

We have a top 10 defense and they have been the only reason we have been in any games. It's pretty widely acknowledged that the D is good. 7 of the 12 TD's allowed have come off of turnovers. 4 of those were inside our own 30. 2 of those 4 were inside our own 10. A 5th went back for a TD.

Points allowed is a misleading number for this D. We out-gained GB and TB in those losses. Had more first downs than ATL in that loss.

We are 10th in total defense right now. When our QB protects the ball, and doesn't hand it away 4 times in a game (like he's done twice). We've been very good on that side.

ATL/PIT = Combined one turnover. Team played tough with two top teams. D got tons of praise

TB/GB = Combined eight turnovers. The team got hammered.

Early deficits will always go to hell with this team, because we have a QB who will only make matters worse when he is forced to throw.

Trubisky has a solid defense, a top O-line and a great ground game. That's more than most #1 or #2 overall picks get as a rookie.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
RG3
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden[/SPOILER]

Talk about anecdotal evidence. lol

Those QB's created their own downfalls. They're not good. Also, why is Tannehill on that list? He just had a very good season.

RG3 went to hell because of injuries too. We all saw how he started. Young and Freeman both played great from the get-go as well.

What about the active QB's who didn't wait and were (or appear to be) a success?

Luck
Prescott
Wilson
Carr
Wentz
Stafford
Roethlisberger
Palmer
Flacco
Mariota
Jameis
Ryan
Newton

I like sitting a rookie QB, for the record. However, he HAS sat. He's had a month and a camp to watch. If he looks ready in practice, it is time. The above QB's sat less than he did, so it can absolutely be done. Especially in today's game.

Last edited: