• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest obstacle this year is schedule

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to fathom all the fear eagles fans had. This team was built to kick ass just like they are doing now.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to fathom all the fear eagles fans had. This team was built to kick ass just like they are doing now.

Not really hard to fathom for me. Going back to July....I was nervous as hell about the secondary. Hell, I was even concerned if a guy like Jernigan would fit in. Would our health hold? Will Carson make a second year jump, or plateau/regress (a la Mariotta this year). Can Alshon play enough games and contribute? Will Torrey Smith have anything? What about Blount...is Belicheck the king of timing again?

And so on. Hell....there was even a lot of lament about the wasted pick on Pumphrey.

This team was built to kick ass on if everything came together...guys stayed healthy, weak units overperformed expectations. And that is exactly what happened.

It is amazing and wonderful....but I don't care for these kind of comments/posts now. If you were "all-in" in July you were blindly drinking all the kool-aid. Which is fandom and fair, but don't come throwing it back at any of us that took a more pragmatic long view at the time.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you, but I still can't see Pumphrey becoming a NFL RB. Douglas drfts based upon production, but I don't see Pump gaining enough muscle and weight to make it. Hope I'm wrong.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team better clean up the sloppiness from the second half of sunday's game. They're not playing against trubisky again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really hard to fathom for me. Going back to July....I was nervous as hell about the secondary. Hell, I was even concerned if a guy like Jernigan would fit in. Would our health hold? Will Carson make a second year jump, or plateau/regress (a la Mariotta this year). Can Alshon play enough games and contribute? Will Torrey Smith have anything? What about Blount...is Belicheck the king of timing again?

And so on. Hell....there was even a lot of lament about the wasted pick on Pumphrey.

This team was built to kick ass on if everything came together...guys stayed healthy, weak units overperformed expectations. And that is exactly what happened.

It is amazing and wonderful....but I don't care for these kind of comments/posts now. If you were "all-in" in July you were blindly drinking all the kool-aid. Which is fandom and fair, but don't come throwing it back at any of us that took a more pragmatic long view at the time.

Actually we're not healthy. We lost our LT and one of the best players in football. And we lost our mlb who leads the defense. Great coaching has covered up both.

We also lost our leader and leading special teamer. Noticeably in that case.

Blindly drinking koolaid? Bullshit! This team was built for this and it's much easier to win with a QB on a rookie deal than after you pay him. All the "wait 2-3 years" was Bullshit in July.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team better clean up the sloppiness from the second half of sunday's game. They're not playing against trubisky again.
It was a good game for the reminder. Doug said they'd address it. So it will be addressed. Can't play perfectly 100% of the time. But these coaches have all 53 striving for just that.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? We have Eagles fans who didn't think we would be 10-1 after week 12?

Bunch of Negadelphians...Learn the game people.