• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest obstacle this year is schedule

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a horrible stretch where we travel to Seattle and then back to LA Rams the next week. Then another road game against giants followed by 2 at home to close the year against raiders and cowgirls. Thats a difficult wsy to close out the season...maybe one way to ease that is to stay on west coast between Seattle and rams but still tough scheduling...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they are staying on the West Coast after the Seahawks game before the Rams game. I see no problem.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, better to finish the year than to start it that way.

It's a tough go, I agree. But, if there can be any chance for a team starting to click at the end of the season (which I could see if this team stays healthy). I'm not calling it probable. But if we sit pretty at that point in year I WANT them to have that test.

Years from now that stretch could be seen as the best thing to happen to this team in 2017.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with that OE but it means that we need a very good start to go with the possible 2-4 or 3-3 finish. Finishing in a slump doesn't help either. Remember we are projected to finish 3rd or 4th in our division, lots to overcome but looking forward to being surprised!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest obstacle is that these are the Eagles' corners.

cinnamon-toast-horiz-a-1800.jpg

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read we have the strongest schedule against the pass ... so Wentz will have his work cut out for him; even with the upgrade at receiver.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with that OE but it means that we need a very good start to go with the possible 2-4 or 3-3 finish. Finishing in a slump doesn't help either. Remember we are projected to finish 3rd or 4th in our division, lots to overcome but looking forward to being surprised!

Optimally, yes. But I would love to see this team 6-4 or 5-5 area when it hits that stretch to finish. Have some buzz around you. Have something for the team to get excited for. And then see what they can do. I wouldn't even be mad if they finished around .500 from that point. As long as this was a team that came into this stretch with energy and fight. So much good can be learned for future years there.

Or....in today's NFL they could come in positioned well and really surprise in that final stretch and make a playoff spot. All good things.

Not good is hitting that stretch at something like 4-6 and just not trying. That would not help anything.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, i believe this is a playoff team. However, its that schedule that is the biggest obstacle to making the playoffs not the cowgirls ginas or foreskins

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And OE i do like the challenge aspect you mentioned, we will see should be fun!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, i believe this is a playoff team. However, its that schedule that is the biggest obstacle to making the playoffs not the cowgirls ginas or foreskins

I agree.

It does look like a tough schedule, but that can also change.

It will prepare us for a playoff run in any case.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a very interesting thread at this point that has me thinking. There is not too much real signals to glean yet. I hear some talking heads say Carson Wentz will make a giant leap this year. And others who think the flaws we saw last year are the real Wentz and there will be no leap forward. Early August blather (as example).

That said....looking at things on paper I see the following areas that a lot should pivot on (especially when figuring in the schedule):

* The CBs will be serviceable AT BEST. However, if the D-line finds a way to exact pressure and allow the LBs to get back and help and give the CBs the advantage by rushing the QB the defense could really hum. Have this happen and the defense is markedly better and the one huge weakness can be covered for.

* How do you put stretch receivers like Alshon and Smith into a WCO? I know....Andy was asked this in 2004 and he showed a real ability to put the downfield game into his offense. Can Peterson do the same?

* Does Carson make that leap this year? His accuracy was suspect last year, especially downfield. Yep, the receivers sucked. Yep, the OL was in flux most of the year. Yep, he has had a full offseason as an NFL QB to work on it with guys like Reich (who I trust to coach up a QB). He has the intelligence and the leadership prowess. Can he start to really put all that together in his sophomore season?

* Can this team stay healthy? Can this team stay relatively mistake free? (yep.....every team has that question going into the season).

Now....there are countless other things. Can Lane stay un-suspended? How will this OL overall work? What about the RB squad? Etc etc. But I just picked a few things to highlight a point.

Every team in the National. Football. League (Jaworski) succeeds or fails in no small part due to luck. I took a look through the schedule leading up to those last five games with two views....one of everything clicking, everything above happening right. And another of everything not clicking and not going right. The difference could easily be a record that is 7-4 vs 4-7.

If it is a 7-4 team coming into this stretch, it is entirely possible that this team, with everything working right to go 3-2 at worst in that stretch. But, even going 2-3 in that stretch would put us at 9-7 and POSSIBLY in hunt for a wild card. 10-6 could definitely get us in. That's the lucky, healthy team that came out of the gate screaming. I would love to see this. But, admittedly, I don't find that plausible.

Let's take the "struggling" scenario....and lets face it, every year is a struggle in this league. I have this at 4-7 (but it could easily be 5-6 for argument sake). How do they handle that tough stretch? What is this team made of? Can you learn how to fight a lot and win some when the games really start to count for everyone? Maybe they could not stretch to the playoffs from such a weak start to the year. But they could learn so much about how to win together in the immediate future.

Or.....if you think TL:DR....simply stated.....the last five games are not what will matter in this schedule.....the 11 games leading up them will. But, if there is a potential to shine and find the playoffs this year OR just learn how to play the tough slates and win together for the future, then this will have been a successful year.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 7-4 and 2-3, we need to win our division games and hope none of the other 3 get on a big roll, especially since they have similar schedule. Do the foreskins have the last place easy schedule?

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope they are 7th hardest and us gians and cowgirls 8th and tenth pretty much even eccept that stoopit double west coast trip

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even 10-6 doesn't guarantee the playoffs. Chip went 10-6 in his 2nd year, and missed the playoffs. We have to win the division, whether we go 10-6 or 11-5.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* The CBs will be serviceable AT BEST. However, if the D-line finds a way to exact pressure and allow the LBs to get back and help and give the CBs the advantage by rushing the QB the defense could really hum. Have this happen and the defense is markedly better and the one huge weakness can be covered for.

Consider that Schwartz's defense was 12th in ppg with those corners and less on the Dline.

Now that doesn't mean the corners won't lose us a few games, but we'll be solid overall.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson had a GREAT practice with pads, throwing 36 for 36 completions. That is crazy!

He went 4 for 4 with a TD in preseason 1 with a nice escape from clay Matthews - one of the best in the game, and hit the WR who caught it with both hands.

QB Coach has been majorly impressed with him and said you can see things really slowing down.

Wentz has an INCREDIBLE work ethic and is investing in his development even outside of the eagles.

I'm sorry, I'm going to gamble on the positive side of Wentz, than the haters right now.

The biggest obstacle with Wentz development, will be the OL protection.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it on the head Bud. The OL had better straighten out.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 7-4 and 2-3, we need to win our division games and hope none of the other 3 get on a big roll, especially since they have similar schedule. Do the foreskins have the last place easy schedule?

Well here we are folks! We get to go into this crazy stretch at 10-1 rather than 7-4! We are vying for home field through out rather than just making the playoffs we are the best team at this moment. I think we just need to split with Seattle and LA and we can get the bye and 2 home games on way to SB!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we play at our best, we will go 15-1.I haven't seen any team that looks better than us.