• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten Legends...who wins it?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seem a reasonable Wolverine fan (as opposed to your millions of Walverine brethren.) IF your team beats MSU in East Lansing, you & I both know that when MICH hosts NEB the next week there will be a slew of 1st stringers watching the game from the sidelines. Yall skunkbears MIGHT win one of the two, but -more likely- go down ugly in both.

I think MICH finishes 3-5/7-5.

You think that Michigan loses 4 our of their next 5 games? Believe me, I wouldn't be shocked if they did, but I just don't see it happening. Nothing against MSU, as I think they have had a FANTASTIC season so far, but every time I watch them, it is like the offense is playing in mud. They just look terrible to me, but slow and steady often wins the race (especially in a weak side of a conference) and very likely could turn into another B1GCC game for the Spartans.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that Michigan loses 4 our of their next 5 games? Believe me, I wouldn't be shocked if they did, but I just don't see it happening. Nothing against MSU, as I think they have had a FANTASTIC season so far, but every time I watch them, it is like the offense is playing in mud. They just look terrible to me, but slow and steady often wins the race (especially in a weak side of a conference) and very likely could turn into another B1GCC game for the Spartans.

I'm the last Spartan fan to boast a 14-0 shutout over the hapless Boilers (who, I DO think, played their best game of the year in E. Lansing)...but, they WERE playing in the mud for most of that game!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Must have been visualizing their unis from this past weekend when I made the statement.

And make no mistake. I am not one of those "tOSU SUX! They played shitty teams close" guys. I just wonder how good they are compared to the Oregons and Bamas. I guess we won't really know until bowl season as I don't see anyone from the B1G getting over on them this year and as i think we can all agree, the B1G ain't great this year...

Oh I know you aren't, that's not what I would insinuate. I don't think we'd beat Oregon really in any scenario at this point, and I think Bama would probably beat us 6/10. While people seem to love ripping just the B1G, we've seen top teams from all conferences struggle with bad teams this year. If OSU can beat Stanford in the Rose (if that's who we'd play), and Wisconsin can get to a BCS game and win, it will quiet things down.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, we've got two weeks to prepare for a team that can't score on Purdue. I'm not worried about it.

Again, maybe it is the kool aid talking, but I'm not concerned about the Spartans in the least bit. I think Michigan will handle them pretty easily. Being in East Lansing may cause them some trouble, but I could see Michigan winning something like 24-13, with Michigan State getting great field position from their defense in a few of their scores.

I'm more concerned about Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Indiana is going to give a lot of team fits this year; and kind of already have. That quick tempo offense was not allowing us to set up and get our defense in position to stop them consistently. On the other hand, it took some really fluky plays for them to hang as many points on us as they did. Twice we had the ball picked off, went through our DB's hands and right into the hands of a receiver who then took it like 40 yards for a score.

They didn't give Missouri or Navy a fit.

You mean Penn St?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean Penn St?

Sure they did, they racked up 475 yards on Missouri and 481 on Navy. They scored less but still, that offense is legit. Heck they even got 351 against MSU, which has one of the best defenses in the big ten.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the last Spartan fan to boast a 14-0 shutout over the hapless Boilers (who, I DO think, played their best game of the year in E. Lansing)...but, they WERE playing in the mud for most of that game!

That explains some things then. I saw some of the Western Michigan game, some of the ND game, some of Iowa, and really only saw the box score of Purdue. I know at least a couple of those games were in extreme weather situations IIRC.

Regardless, in my limited viewing of Michigan State, I've had trouble watching more than a quarter of the game. The offense has just been bad, but again, I haven't watched a whole lot of them to make a really fair assessment.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the winner of the Michigan State @ Nebraska game will become the Legends Div. champ. At this point I'll go with Michigan State.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry for the lack of concern over Nebraska, but they haven't given me much to think they can come into the Big House and win. I'm not say Nebraska can't win, I just don't see it being very likely that they beat Michigan on the road. They just aren't that good this year, and home field advantage should be all the difference IMO.

Newsflash!!!

Nebraska hasn't been that good for 12 years.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean Penn St?

They've racked up more yards than any of Missouri's SEC teams have had against them. Granted, Missouri's tough part of the schedule are the next few games, but Indiana has been pretty impressive offensively, while their defense has been....well really bad.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they did, they racked up 475 yards on Missouri and 481 on Navy. They scored less but still, that offense is legit. Heck they even got 351 against MSU, which has one of the best defenses in the big ten.

s'one of the things about oozing skunkbear pomposity that irritates the shit out of MOST cfb fans...rarely, if ever, giving other teams their just due. State's D is universally acknowledged as the BEST in the B1G and the whole gddam country.

keep on puffing that Blue Haze, dude.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash!!!

Huh? You need to quit complaining. The past 5 full seasons, Nebraska has gone 48-20. That means you are a 9.6 wins a season for 5 full years. You guys have DEFINITELY been a good team during that time period, and this season you are 5-1. Maybe not great, but NO doubt you've had some good teams during that stretch.

I think Nebraska fans live too much in the "dominate Nebraska teams" of the mid 90's. Nebraska has had some great success the past half a decade, and I think 90% of all NCAA teams would love to have won 48 games in a 5 years stretch....and would LOVE to be 5-1 right now.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the winner of the Michigan State @ Nebraska game will become the Legends Div. champ. At this point I'll go with Michigan State.

I feel the same way, but I will take Nebraska. Honestly though, Michigan, Nebraska and Michigan St. have been so inconsistent this year...you could throw all three names in a bag, grab one at random and have just as much chance of picking the correct winner.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way, but I will take Nebraska. Honestly though, Michigan, Nebraska and Michigan St. have been so inconsistent this year...you could throw all three names in a bag, grab one at random and have just as much chance of picking the correct winner.

I think the only difference between the 3 teams so far, is that Michigan lost a B1G game, while the others haven't. That will probably be the mistake that keeps them from the B1GCG.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s'one of the things about oozing skunkbear pomposity that irritates the shit out of MOST cfb fans...rarely, if ever, giving other teams their just due. State's D is universally acknowledged as the BEST in the B1G and the whole gddam country.

keep on puffing that Blue Haze, dude.

Now you're just splitting hairs. I said "one of" because we simply don't know yet until the entire season plays out. That doesn't mean you're not the best in the big ten, it just means that you're in the group vying for that position. You also have one of the worst offenses in the big ten; which is what makes your team easily beatable despite your solid defense.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash!!!

The only things you have to say on this board are how bad Nebraska sucks, how overrated OSU (or as you trollingly put it "Ohio Taint") is, and how bad the B1G is. You start fights with arguments that don't exist, and you provide nothing of value whatsoever. What the fuck do you even come here for?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just splitting hairs. I said "one of" because we simply don't know yet until the entire season plays out. That doesn't mean you're not the best in the big ten, it just means that you're in the group vying for that position. You also have one of the worst offenses in the big ten; which is what makes your team easily beatable despite your solid defense.

I respect MSU's defense, but their schedule has been pretty bad so far:
WMU: 0-8
South Florida: 2-4
ND: 5-2
Iowa: 4-3
Indiana: 3-4 (although I think holding Indiana to 28 is good)
Purdue: 1-6

The only team on their schedule so far that has is probably a bowl lock would be ND. The rest have some work to do, have probably less than a 50% chance of winning the 6 games they need for bowl eligibility. (I think Indiana has a better chance than Iowa with their remaining schedule)

Michigan State will have some games where they can prove they are among the best defenses in the country, but I'm not sure they have proved it just yet. Regardless, they are very good so far, and among the best in the B1G.

Last edited by a moderator:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gad, it's gotta be the Haze talking.
ok..let's talk Productivity so far in B1G play.

MICH has scored 148 pts against MINN, PSU and IND...while giving up 100 pts against those same teams.
MSU has scored 82 pts against IOWA, IND and PUR...while giving up 42 pts against those same teams.

142 - 100
vs
82 - 42

do the math and tell me which team has 'outplayed' it's opponents so far this year.