• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

big house sell out streak to end?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of them played like shit, but Nebraska wasn't any more "deserving" of it. You commit two turnovers, can't score when you get the chance, and let white dewds get 20 yards behind your dbs then you don't deserve shit. Especially considering VT won the game in Lincoln the year before too.

Nebraska actually played Championship caliber Defense in that game until the break down on the 80 yard pass. Simple miscommunication......happens to the best teams out there. Bama has breakdowns on D all the time. Unfortunately, Nebraska had 1 miscommunication in that game at the 1 and only time it couldn't happen.

Nebraska's Offense didn't score against anyone in 2009......so it's not like VT did anything to slow us down.

Nebraska traveled across the country as underdogs and made your Offense look stupid. To say our Defense played like shit is a mouthful of garbage.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys reckon you'll get by your rival East Carolina this year?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska actually played Championship caliber Defense in that game until the break down on the 80 yard pass. Simple miscommunication......happens to the best teams out there. Bama has breakdowns on D all the time. Unfortunately, Nebraska had 1 miscommunication in that game at the 1 and only time it couldn't happen.

Nebraska's Offense didn't score against anyone in 2009......so it's not like VT did anything to slow us down.

Nebraska traveled across the country as underdogs and made your Offense look stupid. To say our Defense played like shit is a mouthful of garbage.

So both defenses were good, both offenses were bad, 1 team didn't make any horrendous mistakes, and 1 team committed 2 turnovers and let a guy get behind the entire defense in the last 2 minutes......yet Nebraska deserved to win? De fuck?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys reckon you'll get by your rival East Carolina this year?

Considering we are playing the best team in your conference for the next two years OOC and have played multiple national champions OOC in the last few years, i don't think i'd be making an OOC scheduling argument against a VT fan when the best you can do is Miami.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we are playing the best team in your conference for the next two years OOC and have played multiple national champions OOC in the last few years, i don't think i'd be making an OOC scheduling argument against a VT fan when the best you can do is Miami.

James Madison University man.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Madison University man.

Nebraska lost to VT two years in a row before JMU and VT played in the orange bowl that year while Nebraska played in the Bridgeport Education Holiday Bowl against Washington (and lost). :noidea:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch?v=kIJ88VWlo3c

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
=kIJ88VWlo3c

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both defenses were good, both offenses were bad, 1 team didn't make any horrendous mistakes, and 1 team committed 2 turnovers and let a guy get behind the entire defense in the last 2 minutes......yet Nebraska deserved to win? De fuck?

I didn't say either team deserved to win.......I was just saying both teams didn't suck.

VT was average on both sides of the ball and Nebraska was fucking incredible on Defense.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--------
Sell outs are sell outs. No matter the size of the stadium. Big Red still has the longest sell out streak in the nation

And my seemingly obvious point is worthless manipulated stats are worthless. Are worthless stats really worth going on to the internet and taking shots at other programs? Really? You always hear about how classy Nebraska fans are, but you really can't see that here.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will pose another question, which University has the largest Alumni Association?

In no particular order, schools that lay claim to it

Ohio State
Penn State
Texas
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Tennessee
Alabama
Arizona State
UCLA

Hmmm, I don't see those other Division I Michigan schools on the list nor do I see Nebraska.

Are you saying that the only fans that go to Neb. games are Alumni? Or perhaps do others that never attended go to the games?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say either team deserved to win.......I was just saying both teams didn't suck.

VT was average on both sides of the ball and Nebraska was fucking incredible on Defense.

Nebraska was 7th in total D and VT was 12th. They were both good and pretty comparable. Average is what Nebraska has been since the 90s.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
premature hmmm-ulation...

I will pose another question, which University has the largest Alumni Association?

In no particular order, schools that lay claim to it

Ohio State
Penn State
Texas
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Tennessee
Alabama
Arizona State
UCLA

Hmmm, I don't see those other Division I Michigan schools on the list nor do I see Nebraska.

source?

MSU has 461,000+ living alumni. MSU by the Numbers | MSU Alumni Association
Only a couple of those schools listed have more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I compare W/L for VT and Nebraska since you've been old enough to by a CD from the mall with cursing on it?

Well at least in one point in our lives we actually got to watch our team win championships. I'd hate to be a fan of a program that is entirely mediocre and only produced good years with the Vicks and Taylor....only to still not see a NCG or win anything significant besides the weak conference they played in.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least in one point in our lives we actually got to watch our team win championships. I'd hate to be a fan of a program that is entirely mediocre and only produced good years with the Vicks and Taylor....only to still not see a NCG or win anything significant besides the weak conference they played in.
In fairness they did see a NCG with Vick.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about how big Lincoln is? That shouldn't even come up in this argument. Try State College. Yeah, I know you'll come back with "but PA has more people". Point being city size doesn't mean shit.

Like it's been mentioned, it's the only game in town. It's a state of many farmers and the corn crop is finished by then, no?