• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

big house sell out streak to end?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divide Michigan's populace in half and Nebraska still has a better attendance percentage...

The State of Michigan has 5 different Div 1 programs in it. Nebraska has 1.

The population of Lincoln Nebraska is 265,000, the population of Ann Arbor is 116,000 less than half the size of Lincoln. The Stadium consistently fills to the point where it is almost as large as the entire city that it resides in. I don't think there's a question as to which stadium has a better attendance percentage according to population. Your city is significantly larger and your stadium is significantly smaller.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. I'd just figured I'd point out some simple facts to help you from looking like a fool in the future. Apparently, my efforts were wasted.
--------
Sell outs are sell outs. No matter the size of the stadium. Big Red still has the longest sell out streak in the nation

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways.......

So yea, we've taken a decade off.....big deal. Programs go through highs and lows.

At least our lows are 9-10 win seasons.

If you ever visited for a Nebraska game, you'd know that there just quite simply is no place like it. We aren't producing Championships right now, but what we do in the small town of Lincoln in the small state of Nebraska is pretty special.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways.......

So yea, we've taken a decade off.....big deal. Programs go through highs and lows.

At least our lows are 9-10 win seasons.

If you ever visited for a Nebraska game, you'd know that there just quite simply is no place like it. We aren't producing Championships right now, but what we do in the small town of Lincoln in the small state of Nebraska is pretty special.

I mean....I guess....if you're ignoring the 2004 and 2007 five win seasons...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to have been relevant at one time first:lol:

Could be worse. I could be some old washed up dewd trying to feel relevant by threatening to hack people's computers all the time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye should thank the football gods for the way that game ended

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of catty little school girls in this here thread.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give VT credit for pulling it out of their asses.....

But to pretend like it was a well-deserved victory is just :L

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow can't believe how this conversation went in here.

back to the article.

it seems to me it's saying the obvious. the key right now for any team is to cater to the young crowd. they are going to be the moneymaker in 10-15 years. You need to give them decent seats and a good price that they want to come to the game. You also need to figure out a way to keep them there. so many kids nowadays leaving at halftime instead of sticking around.

also like the article says, Michigan previously had an AD that cared. the new AD is running it like a business, so prices get raised, catering to the people paying higher prices for tickets. It's a decent short term business strategy but again going back to long term, were those people really complaining that much? Students in the years following graduation are going to be your best bet for donations and if you get them to really enjoy their experience, they will be back sooner rather than later or in some cases never.

anyway, what really need is more pictures like this from the article:

55332677_BP.jpg

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give VT credit for pulling it out of their asses.....

But to pretend like it was a well-deserved victory is just :L

Both of them played like shit, but Nebraska wasn't any more "deserving" of it. You commit two turnovers, can't score when you get the chance, and let white dewds get 20 yards behind your dbs then you don't deserve shit. Especially considering VT won the game in Lincoln the year before too.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The State of Michigan has 5 different Div 1 programs in it. Nebraska has 1.

The population of Lincoln Nebraska is 265,000, the population of Ann Arbor is 116,000 less than half the size of Lincoln. The Stadium consistently fills to the point where it is almost as large as the entire city that it resides in. I don't think there's a question as to which stadium has a better attendance percentage according to population. Your city is significantly larger and your stadium is significantly smaller.

Interesting, the population of Ann Arbor and its metro and micropolitan area is 344,791 according to Michigan.gov.

There are six statistical population regions in Michigan. The regions almost coincide with the Division One schools.

The State of Michigan calls the region Detroit - Warren - Ann Arbor, Michigan Geocode 220, with a population of 5.4 million people. Just that region alone has three times the population of the entire state of Nebraska. Distance from Detroit to Ann Arbor is almost the same distance as Omaha to Lincoln. You can compare that population region to the population of Omaha Lincoln.

Source Michigan.gov

CGI - Estimated Population by County: 2010-2012

Lincoln

Lincoln, Nebraska Population 2013, 2014

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, the population of Ann Arbor and its metro and micropolitan area is 344,791 according to Michigan.gov.

There are six statistical population regions in Michigan. The regions almost coincide with the Division One schools.

The State of Michigan calls the region Detroit - Warren - Ann Arbor, Michigan Geocode 220, with a population of 5.4 million people. Just that region alone has three times the population of the entire state of Nebraska. Distance from Detroit to Ann Arbor is almost the same distance as Omaha to Lincoln. You can compare that population region to the population of Omaha Lincoln.

Source Michigan.gov

CGI - Estimated Population by County: 2010-2012

Lincoln

Lincoln, Nebraska Population 2013, 2014

All this population information. What is the population breakdown per Div 1 university in MI and NE? What is the break down of population per major sporting event in MI and NE?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse. I could be some old washed up dewd trying to feel relevant by threatening to hack people's computers all the time.

Me, i never threaten anything like that...I could, but I only use my ability to make money. If you could do what i do you would most likely be stealing shit left and right....or hacking into **** sites:lol:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this population information. What is the population breakdown per Div 1 university in MI and NE? What is the break down of population per major sporting event in MI and NE?

I will pose another question, which University has the largest Alumni Association?

In no particular order, schools that lay claim to it

Ohio State
Penn State
Texas
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Tennessee
Alabama
Arizona State
UCLA

Hmmm, I don't see those other Division I Michigan schools on the list nor do I see Nebraska.