• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Title Game

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, it was a good run.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCG's are as meaningless as it gets. The Big 12 was told by the playoff committee it needed a CCG, hence the reason TCU was left out in '14. Spare me the co-champ bullshit that year b/c Ohio State just proved how meaningless and worthless CCG's are last year and just how meaningless winning a conference title is. In fact, Bama might prove it more just how worthless conference titles are if they get invited to the playoff this year. there was no doubt TCU was one of the best 4 teams in '14, but they don't sell a lot of hotel rooms.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll beat 'em again and be in the playoffs. Please rep our conf honorably.

tenor.gif

Agree, OU is smelling here down the stretch.

OK......here's the deal should you wish to accept it.

IF we throttle TCU, then IF we monkeybone whoever we face in the semi-final....we get 1 paid-for referee in each of our Big XII games for the next 5 seasons.

If we progress to the CFP title game and vanquish whomever is unfortunate enough to get there to face us, we get 2 paid-for referees in each Big XII game for the next 10 seasons and get to remove 1 of the already-bought texico referees.

The uptick in recruiting and notoriety ALONE that you will experience, by simply being in a conference with us, is worth much more than this.

Whaddya say? We'll throw in JUMPMAN (tm)/OU branded gym bags too!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been anymore talk of expansion lately? And if so, who would it be? They need a team or two closer to West Virginia so they're not on an island by themselves, haha.

Not that I'm aware of.

I'm interested in seeing what the PAC may or may not do closer to the end of the TV deals, I think theirs and the Big12's wind down about the same time.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCG's are as meaningless as it gets. The Big 12 was told by the playoff committee it needed a CCG, hence the reason TCU was left out in '14. Spare me the co-champ bullshit that year b/c Ohio State just proved how meaningless and worthless CCG's are last year and just how meaningless winning a conference title is. In fact, Bama might prove it more just how worthless conference titles are if they get invited to the playoff this year. there was no doubt TCU was one of the best 4 teams in '14, but they don't sell a lot of hotel rooms.
That whole deal was the Big 12's fault as it was ridiculous to not name Baylor the champion when they won the head to head. Since the conference showed they had zero balls now they have to play a CCG.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU rolls you clowns and you get stuck playing Whisky in the Frito Lay Bowl this year!
Good luck playing in the PAC 12 championship game this week..................

Oh wait...................

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shits almost as bad as losing to Northwestern and Purdue!

Nice try, but it's not even close. If a team got beat by Purdue and was still in the hunt for the cfp I would agree. It's unfathomable that 2 teams that both lost to ISU (one at home for God's sake) are ranked 10 and 2...

Iowa State.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So OU has already beaten Tcu and has 1 less loss. Sooners are already conference champion due to round robin. Why are we playing this?

1. Championship game helps protect the Big 12 from other teams with a championship game from jumping Big 12 teams.

2. Championship game helps Big 12 teams jump teams that are not conference champions.

3. With the Championship game matching the 2 bests teams instead of divisions it helps us have a chance at jumping a conference champ who might be matched up with a weaker team in there championship game.

4. Barring all else a dominant performance in a Championship game against a high quality opponent could also get the Big 12 in the playoffs

5. A round robin can still have 3 way ties where each team finishing with 1 loss having beaten each other. Thus leaving no real way to have a true champion. Now with the conference championship we are guaranteed a true champion.

Yea I will take the risk of losing to gain all those positive benefits.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try, but it's not even close. If a team got beat by Purdue and was still in the hunt for the cfp I would agree. It's unfathomable that 2 teams that both lost to ISU (one at home for God's sake) are ranked 10 and 2...

Iowa State.
But....who did everyone else lose to or beat?