• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Championship Game

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So beating a team that was ranked #9 at game time and is currently ranked at #19 in CFP doesn't count as a quality win?

If you want to talk quality wins, where is OU's quality win?

They beat #19 that is a quality win. It not like I am going to claim Texas has wins over multiple top 10 teams this year. Technically Texas beat 2 top 10 teams this year, but that was based on a minority of the current information. ND was top 10 with 0 data pts. Tenn was top 10 with 5 data pts. Neither are top 10 after 10 data pts.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So beating a team that was ranked #9 at game time and is currently ranked at #19 in CFP doesn't count as a quality win?

If you want to talk quality wins, where is OU's quality win?

Dude, Just Stop.
Any quality win you think you had just got erased when you lost back to back games against a 6 loss MSU team and a 5 loss Ole Miss team.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat #19 that is a quality win. It not like I am going to claim Texas has wins over multiple top 10 teams this year. Technically Texas beat 2 top 10 teams this year, but that was based on a minority of the current information. ND was top 10 with 0 data pts. Tenn was top 10 with 5 data pts. Neither are top 10 after 10 data pts.
Exactly. Think Baylor was 6th or 7th, Notre Dame was 10th and I haven't seen many, if any, Texas fans bragging about those wins.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain this to all of you one more time.

When I made the post everyone is referencing (10/28), A&M had just been in a top 10 match up in consecutive games (#9 Tennessee & #1 Bama). That is a fact you can not deny. Is Tennessee still in the top 10? No, but they were when the game was played. I don't care if you thought the Vols were overrated or not. I wasn't bragging about beating the #9 team in the country. All I did was make a comment that you can't play top 10 match-ups every week when someone brought up the New Mexico State cupcake on the Aggie schedule.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Big 12's (perhaps unwisely) adding a conference title game

So the Big 12 is going to have a Conference Championship game between teams that have already played a head to head match up.

They are using the argument that it will give another "data point" for the Big 12 Champ to get into the CFB Playoff.

How does that work? If Team #1 has already beaten Team #2, how is beating them again going to impress the committee? What happens when Team #2 upsets Team #1? IMO the risk vs. reward doesn't work out to well.
When Team 2 wins the second game then they automatically win the national championship. It's called The Bama Clause....

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain this to all of you one more time.

When I made the post everyone is referencing (10/28), A&M had just been in a top 10 match up in consecutive games (#9 Tennessee & #1 Bama). That is a fact you can not deny. Is Tennessee still in the top 10? No, but they were when the game was played. I don't care if you thought the Vols were overrated or not. I wasn't bragging about beating the #9 team in the country. All I did was make a comment that you can't play top 10 match-ups every week when someone brought up the New Mexico State cupcake on the Aggie schedule.

And now it looks like aTm in fact had a pretty soft schedule, especially since aTm didn't even try to make it tough scheduling new mexico state, prairie view, and UTSA.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it looks like aTm in fact had a pretty soft schedule, especially since aTm didn't even try to make it tough scheduling new mexico state, prairie view, and UTSA.

There is a reason A&M went from playoffs to now grumbling about Sumlin and the fringe calling for his job.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say soft. I would say it wasn't as tough as it once appeared to be.

UCLA was supposed to be a quality match up but they didn't live up to expectations
Auburn was looked at as a dark horse for the SEC but struggled early when they played A&M, rebounded nicely, then got screwed by the pooch in Georgia last week.
Arkansas - meh, they are Arkansas. They under achieve every year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Big 12's (perhaps unwisely) adding a conference title game

So the Big 12 is going to have a Conference Championship game between teams that have already played a head to head match up.

They are using the argument that it will give another "data point" for the Big 12 Champ to get into the CFB Playoff.

How does that work? If Team #1 has already beaten Team #2, how is beating them again going to impress the committee? What happens when Team #2 upsets Team #1? IMO the risk vs. reward doesn't work out to well.

The M. Night Shyamalan twist to the story is that the winner of the CCG gets to leave the B12 for a conference that doesn't suck!

Ytc396y.gif

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The M. Night Shyamalan twist to the story is that the winner of the CCG gets to leave the B12 for a conference that doesn't suck!

Ytc396y.gif

I like that but with the change that the loser of that other conference's championship game must take the place of that Big 12 champion in the Big 12.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that but with the change that the loser of that other conference's championship game must take the place of that Big 12 champion in the Big 12.

that's not how relegation and promotion works

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M played back to back games against top 10 teams with a bye week between games. The Vols were ranked #9 and Bama #1.

EVERYBODY knows Tennessee never had any business in the top 10 and shouldn't even be in the top 25 right now. Aggie has played one top 10 team that is ranked in the top 10.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of your opinion, Tennessee was ranked #9. It goes down in the history books as beating the #9 ranked team. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, your fucking idea of what the Vols. should have been ranked doesn't matter. It's also a better win than anything on the Sooner's resume this year.

Maybe you should ask for a refund for your OU degree because it didn't make you the NCAA Football Czar that you imagine yourself to be.

Ok awesome, then according to Aggy logic, Texas gets credit for beating 2 top ten teams this year in Notre Dame and Baylor, even though both are currently unranked.........

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYBODY knows Tennessee never had any business in the top 10 and shouldn't even be in the top 25 right now. Aggie has played one top 10 team that is ranked in the top 10.

You and Romeo are the ranking experts. When is the CFP Committee going to be scraped for the Texasexs & Romeo Committee?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Romeo are the ranking experts. When is the CFP Committee going to be scraped for the Texasexs & Romeo Committee?

CFP rankings hadn't come out when aggy played Tennessee. They weren't even ranked with their first rankings. There's a reason they wait till week 10 to release them. Try again, aggy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you have been brainwashed by that SEC mentality, but even you know Tennessee has no business in the top 25 and NEVER should have been in the top 10.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFP rankings hadn't come out when aggy played Tennessee. They weren't even ranked with their first rankings. There's a reason they wait till week 10 to release them. Try again, aggy.

WTF do I need to try again for? I didn't say anything about them being ranked in the CFP top 10. I simply asked when you and Texasexs were going to replace the CFP committee? You two are busy declaring who should and shouldn't be ranked and being the college football authority.

Where did you learn to read? OU?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you have been brainwashed by that SEC mentality, but even you know Tennessee has no business in the top 25 and NEVER should have been in the top 10.

I wouldn't go that far. They have wins over Florida and Virginia Tech and are currently 7-3 and should finish 9-3. They lost to Bama (everyone has to date), A&M, and the bad loss to South Carolina. Not top 10 or even 20, but definitely should be ranked.