• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bevell??

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much that we dont see on tv broadcasts, on the field and throughout the week. I can never prétend to be smarter than à coach (especually ones that are à top ten scoring team thats 13-3 and in the title game), i know maybe 5% of what they know as far as the team goes.

This, "thats going to come back to haunt us" bs after à win, is rediculous. There is à formula that they have created to win games, and its working. It may not be what youre use to seeing (great offenses, but shit défenses) but its highly effective. Seriously, i think people are just so enamored by high powered offenses compensating for bad défenses that they think the only way to win consistantly is by scoring 35 points à game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much that we dont see on tv broadcasts, on the field and throughout the week. I can never prétend to be smarter than à coach (especually ones that are à top ten scoring team thats 13-3 and in the title game), i know maybe 5% of what they know as far as the team goes.

This, "thats going to come back to haunt us" bs after à win, is rediculous. There is à formula that they have created to win games, and its working. It may not be what youre use to seeing (great offenses, but shit défenses) but its highly effective. Seriously, i think people are just so enamored by high powered offenses compensating for bad défenses that they think the only way to win consistantly is by scoring 35 points à game.
But it's not highly effective. We've been the beneficiaries of some good luck by hanging on at the end of some games.

For me the frustrating thing is that we've seen this team put up 150 points in a 3 game stretch and now we're struggling to get 20 per game. I know the offense can be better and I expect a championship caliber team to perform up to their abilities.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know SF is the matchup Bevell better have his best game plan ever. If Newton was able to get yardage on the read option I would have to think there would be even more yards for Wilson. Not because Wilson is a better runner then Newton but because Lynch is better then the Carolina backs. Should be focused more on stopping Lynch in those situations.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we would pu up more points if we could score from the 3 fucking yard line. the problem isnt opportunities, its taking advantage of the ones we have.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not highly effective. We've been the beneficiaries of some good luck by hanging on at the end of some games.

For me the frustrating thing is that we've seen this team put up 150 points in a 3 game stretch and now we're struggling to get 20 per game. I know the offense can be better and I expect a championship caliber team to perform up to their abilities.

Luck is at the crossroads or preparation and opportunity.

My only expectations is for them to win. If they do it by taking care of the ball and playing better d than everyone else, i dont care, theyre still meeting my expectations.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is at the crossroads or preparation and opportunity.

My only expectations is for them to win. If they do it by taking care of the ball and playing better d than everyone else, i dont care, theyre still meeting my expectations.
The Saints receiver deciding to "go full retard" at the end of the game yesterday had nothing to do with our preparation or our opportunity to let them be in position to tie the game. It was some good luck that he didn't step out of bounds and give one of the best passing offenses a chance to tie the game miraculously.

I'd just like to avoid another near heart attack in a win. I also don't think the offense we've shown the last 5 weeks is good enough to beat the 9ers so my expectations are that we need to improve. We took care of the ball and played great D against Arizona and lost because our offense went 3 and out time and time again.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought DB called a good game. Considering the elements, a solid ground game was the way to go. Feed the beast.
A conservative plan coupled with our D gave us a 2 TD lead. Only when that was in jeopardy, did he call a higher risk play on the 3rd and 2 bomb. With that formation everyone expected a run. Most would have called for his head had that play not worked.
This was a divisional playoff game in difficult weather conditions and we were in control throughout most of the game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forget that on 1st down we threw it. we should be running the ball and burning the clock and they throw it on 1st? then a run gains 7 yards. I am just sick of them going away from what is working and always going to what almost never does

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a team playing to not lose on Saturday. The Weather was bad and they got a early lead then sat on it for most of the day with safe but predictable calls. It reminded me of how the 2012 season started. Matter of fact the past month has looked like the first 8 weeks of 2012 all over again.

These coaches are getting in their own way right now and are to afraid to just let these guys play. The calls have been unimaginative at best and is actually putting players in position to fail. The Slant to Lynch shows just that. Lynch can catch but he is by no means a receiver and not even the best catching RB on this team so why put him in that situation?

This staff always talks about putting players in position to have success but lately they have been playing so close to the chest that all they are doing is putting players in position to not succeed. They need to open it up again like they did last season and something we have not seen at ALL this season. it's now or never because if they continue to play this way we Seahawks fans will be watching the 49ers play in the Superbowl. Bevell AND Carroll need to stop being pussies and stop worrying about mistakes that could cost a game because this safe shit is causing the team to struggle.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a team playing to not lose on Saturday. The Weather was bad and they got a early lead then sat on it for most of the day with safe but predictable calls. It reminded me of how the 2012 season started. Matter of fact the past month has looked like the first 8 weeks of 2012 all over again.

These coaches are getting in their own way right now and are to afraid to just let these guys play. The calls have been unimaginative at best and is actually putting players in position to fail. The Slant to Lynch shows just that. Lynch can catch but he is by no means a receiver and not even the best catching RB on this team so why put him in that situation?

This staff always talks about putting players in position to have success but lately they have been playing so close to the chest that all they are doing is putting players in position to not succeed. They need to open it up again like they did last season and something we have not seen at ALL this season. it's now or never because if they continue to play this way we Seahawks fans will be watching the 49ers play in the Superbowl. Bevell AND Carroll need to stop being pussies and stop worrying about mistakes that could cost a game because this safe shit is causing the team to struggle.
:agree::10:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make great points, but I believe your position is against the way Pete wants his team to run. It is all about the ball. Nothing but. Do not take chances that will allow for turnovers. Run 1st, Play hard D, and have a solid kicking/punting game with great coverage skills. That is exactly how we won a divisional PO game. No time have I heard we need to have a QB that lights is up.
We are without our #1 and #2 WR's. Look at how SF improved once they got Crabs back. 14-3 so far this year. I am happy with a 2 zip final score as long as we win.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not advocating against your position uhsplit, but if what you say is true why did we throw 13 of 15 times on third down? that is not conservative safe football. its predictable and stupid.

2 runs on third down and one was a 3rd and 9 give up play that turned into a 12 yard gain.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make great points, but I believe your position is against the way Pete wants his team to run. It is all about the ball. Nothing but. Do not take chances that will allow for turnovers. Run 1st, Play hard D, and have a solid kicking/punting game with great coverage skills. That is exactly how we won a divisional PO game. No time have I heard we need to have a QB that lights is up.
We are without our #1 and #2 WR's. Look at how SF improved once they got Crabs back. 14-3 so far this year. I am happy with a 2 zip final score as long as we win.

I agree on most parts Uhsplit, however when we play this style of game, we end up in a situation where a guy gets injured and his replacement doesn't fill the running lane and Gore runs for 51 yards setting up a game winning FG. The margin for error is too small for my liking. I am not looking for the offense to light up the scoreboard like Denver does, but I would like to see them actually try and get the ball moving down the field and not rely on the defense for the entire game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sounding more and more like Dan Quinn is going to be the guy landing a job when he's available and Bevell gets passed over again. Sucks, I'd rather keep Quinn and lose Bevell. There's still hope though

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are all complaining about the offense, what are the coaches thinking about it?

This team is 14-3 on the season. In their 3 losses how much of the loss was on the offense? While some of you will argue that a more vibrant offense might have scored more and thus overcame what lost them the game, they will say in each the defense had chances to save the game and didn't. Arizona? Needed a miracle catch in the end zone with the defender tipping it twice to win. SF? A blown assignment by a LB cost them a huge run by Gore that lost it. Indy? Took a 7 min drive in the 4th quarter for the go ahead score and RS had a PI as well as a controversial spot overturn on that drive to get them there.

In each of those games the coaches probably believe the offense did what they wanted it to do. They scored enough and controlled the ball well without costly mistakes to give them the chance to win.

How many teams would trade what they had for a 13-3 season with no loss coming by 7 or more?

Carroll has this team running the EXACT way he wants it. The only issues are the receivers and line. Fix those and we are blowing out teams with Bevell calling the exact same plays.

Now, if you were losing games by 14 and your offense wasn't producing you might look at everything including the OC and the play calling. We aren't so you can't.

Those of you who want Bevell gone are going to be in for a major disappointment next year. The offense isn't going to change no matter who they bring in. It is Carroll calling the shots on what type of offense we have.

I wonder if in the history of the league there has ever been a fan base calling for the head of their OC on a 13-3 team regular season team that is in the NFCCG. :tsk:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you support throwing the ball 13/15 times and converting only 4 of them?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you support throwing the ball 13/15 times and converting only 4 of them?

The question isn't what offense I would like to see as a fan, nor is it what the outcome of the plays called are, it's who's offensive vision is this and it is clearly Carroll. Blaming Bevell doesn't make any sense.

I'm telling you this team might be undefeated if Harvin doesn't get hurt in the early season, Rice doesn't go down, and their line at least played up to average level all year. Those three things happen and this team is probably 17-0 right now and not one of you is saying a bad thing about Bevell. Think about it. Hell if just any 2 of those 3 things happen they are probably still undefeated. They didn't lose by more than 6 to any team this year. I'm just baffled by all this hate. It makes no sense at all to me.

I mean this is a freaking 14-3 team and you all carry on like the ship is sinking. :L Just look at the whole picture and then make up your mind. That's all I ask. If you think another OC would have done better than 14-3 without having any receivers that get separation, a line that can't protect the QB at all even against mediocre defenses, and a HC that insists on a conservative offense then I question who that would be. I just don't see it happening no matter who you tell me.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Clayton there is little chance that either Bevell or Quinn will be taken this year. Part of it is because of our success. You can't wait to put your coaching staff together until just before the combine or after most of the coaching staffs around the league have been filled.

So us not losing this week probably sealed Bevell in for another year here.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Clayton there is little chance that either Bevell or Quinn will be taken this year. Part of it is because of our success. You can't wait to put your coaching staff together until just before the combine or after most of the coaching staffs around the league have been filled.

So us not losing this week probably sealed Bevell in for another year here.
Yeah I think either one of the 3 teams out there have Quinn penned as their guy and will hire him as soon as he's done or both guys stay with us for next year.

There is something to be said about continuity in that case, but as far as Bevell goes, I was really looking forward to seeing how green the grass was on the other side of the fence.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think either one of the 3 teams out there have Quinn penned as their guy and will hire him as soon as he's done or both guys stay with us for next year.

There is something to be said about continuity in that case, but as far as Bevell goes, I was really looking forward to seeing how green the grass was on the other side of the fence.

I'm happy as can be that Bevell is returning for the reason you already stated. If they can shore up the line in the offseason (big if) and they can get some healthy receivers together I like what that offense can be next year. Provided we don't lose anything major in reducing our cap space of course.