• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good from the pocket, as shown last half of last season. Course you got to have a pocket to throw from.
I'll stand by my opinion not 5 miracle games to end last season. The proof is in the pudding. You just need to take off the rose colored shades. Just because he made a handful of throws from the pocket does not make him a pocket passer. The majority of his success comes when he's outside the pocket. Along with his ability to run for big chunks of yardage. Only Seattle fans would insinuate he's a pocket passer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stand by my opinion not 5 miracle games to end last season. The proof is in the pudding. You just need to take off the rose colored shades. Just because he made a handful of throws from the pocket does not make him a pocket passer. The majority of his success comes when he's outside the pocket. Along with his ability to run for big chunks of yardage. Only Seattle fans would insinuate he's a pocket passer.

Yeah well your full of shit.:nod:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason they've had no luck with the O-line. I believe they've used high draft picks but they haven't worked out. I've been saying for years now that RW won't be around much longer if they don't protect him. Now he's hopping around on one F ing leg.

They drafted Ifedi the latest draft with a 1st. They 'reached' on Britt in the 2nd, and he's showing promise as a C. But no, they've mostly been spending late round picks on linemen, letting Cable try and make something out of them. Okung was their last high pick on the O-line, and he couldn't stay healthy so was allowed to sign in Denver.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree with that. Been a lot of throwaways lately. But when he has a pocket he's been good.

All I'm saying is, he is half the man he used to be for a variety of reasons.

I'm pretty sure he will Terminator up and "be back" but at the moment he really is off song.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's shown this year to be a good pocket passer since he's hobbled, but I think most Hawks fan know he creates outside the pocket.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pffft. You drive a Mercedes, I'm going to at least make you buy me surf n' turf.

So you do pay attention.

Points deducted for not noting it is a 2005, but still an outright luxo-beast....

I'll still have the burger.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you do pay attention.

Points deducted for not noting it is a 2005, but still an outright luxo-beast....

I'll still have the burger.

Hell, I have an '05 Infiniti.

You may have to stick with the wife.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I have an '05 Infiniti.

You may have to stick with the wife.

Too late to turn back now for me anyways..

44 years together (high school sweethearts).

39 tied to the whipping post, chained and bound.......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shown this year to be a good pocket passer since he's hobbled, but I think most Hawks fan know he creates outside the pocket.

I would say without the outside run ability though some of his pocket ability has struggled as well. Or maybe it is the lack of as good of a run game that is playing into it but his QB Rating has dropped off a bit this year and obviously the points per game has fallen off dramatically so far this year. They have gone from tied for 4th in points per game to 28th in the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted Ifedi the latest draft with a 1st. They 'reached' on Britt in the 2nd, and he's showing promise as a C. But no, they've mostly been spending late round picks on linemen, letting Cable try and make something out of them. Okung was their last high pick on the O-line, and he couldn't stay healthy so was allowed to sign in Denver.

So far very happy with Okung in Denver. Given the injury bug hasn't gotten him yet but he has done really well and has been our most consistent OL player.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the article says he may be hurt all season if he cant get time off to heal up

Russell Wilson's injuries are even worse than we thought

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...are-even-worse-than-we-thought-225949193.html

Give Wilson a ton of credit for playing through injuries. The Seahawks made a big gamble in the offseason, and ended up with perhaps the worst backup quarterback situation in recent memory. Their backup was undrafted rookie Trevone Boykin. They were going through preseason with Boykin and Jake Heaps, two quarterbacks who had never even completed a pass in an NFL preseason game. You have to make budget decisions when you have a lot of stars taking up big chunks of the salary cap, and the Seahawks went as cheap as they could at quarterback after Wilson. So Wilson knew he couldn’t miss any time, and he did what he had to do to play each week. Boykin is now the only other quarterback currently on the active roster. Fellow undrafted rookie Joel Stave is on the practice squad.

But in playing through a high ankle sprain and a sprained MCL, injuries that generally take weeks to recover, Wilson might have ensured that he won’t be healthy all year. I’m not sure a doctor would recommend playing NFL football every seven days to heal a sprained knee ligament.

“I’ve had a pretty relatively serious injury with my knee,” Wilson said. “They told me I wasn’t supposed to play for four weeks, maybe longer. You just overcome it. I’d be lying to you if I said my mobility was 100 percent but I feel really good right now.”

Dealing with a pectoral injury as a quarterback doesn’t seem ideal either. Wilson said he couldn’t remember when he suffered it in last Sunday’s game, but he continued to play through it. He has been limited in practice. He said he doesn’t foresee himself missing Sunday’s game.

“That’s not the plan,” Wilson said, according to the Seahawks’ transcripts. “You know me, I will do everything I can to be ready at the highest level.”

Wilson said the knee is feeling good and the ankle is better. But now he’s dealing with a pec injury and the cycle starts again.

And, unbelievably, the Seahawks’ bad offensive line situation is getting worse. George Fant, who played college basketball at Western Kentucky before going out for football last year and playing some special teams, is slated to start at left tackle this week. The last time he started a football game was in a pee-wee league according to The News Tribune.

“Very unusual transition that he’s made,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, according The News Tribune.

You could say that.

That’s where we are with Wilson. He says the ankle is good now, the knee might be OK but the pectoral definitely isn’t. And a college basketball player who hasn’t started a football game since the pee-wee level will be protecting him at left tackle on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. Meanwhile, Wilson probably can’t take any time off because Seattle’s only other two quarterbacks are undrafted rookies.

If Wilson makes it through the season without missing any games, nobody can accuse him of not earning his salary.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the article says he may be hurt all season if he cant get time off to heal up

Russell Wilson's injuries are even worse than we thought

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...are-even-worse-than-we-thought-225949193.html

Give Wilson a ton of credit for playing through injuries. The Seahawks made a big gamble in the offseason, and ended up with perhaps the worst backup quarterback situation in recent memory. Their backup was undrafted rookie Trevone Boykin. They were going through preseason with Boykin and Jake Heaps, two quarterbacks who had never even completed a pass in an NFL preseason game. You have to make budget decisions when you have a lot of stars taking up big chunks of the salary cap, and the Seahawks went as cheap as they could at quarterback after Wilson. So Wilson knew he couldn’t miss any time, and he did what he had to do to play each week. Boykin is now the only other quarterback currently on the active roster. Fellow undrafted rookie Joel Stave is on the practice squad.

But in playing through a high ankle sprain and a sprained MCL, injuries that generally take weeks to recover, Wilson might have ensured that he won’t be healthy all year. I’m not sure a doctor would recommend playing NFL football every seven days to heal a sprained knee ligament.

“I’ve had a pretty relatively serious injury with my knee,” Wilson said. “They told me I wasn’t supposed to play for four weeks, maybe longer. You just overcome it. I’d be lying to you if I said my mobility was 100 percent but I feel really good right now.”

Dealing with a pectoral injury as a quarterback doesn’t seem ideal either. Wilson said he couldn’t remember when he suffered it in last Sunday’s game, but he continued to play through it. He has been limited in practice. He said he doesn’t foresee himself missing Sunday’s game.

“That’s not the plan,” Wilson said, according to the Seahawks’ transcripts. “You know me, I will do everything I can to be ready at the highest level.”

Wilson said the knee is feeling good and the ankle is better. But now he’s dealing with a pec injury and the cycle starts again.

And, unbelievably, the Seahawks’ bad offensive line situation is getting worse. George Fant, who played college basketball at Western Kentucky before going out for football last year and playing some special teams, is slated to start at left tackle this week. The last time he started a football game was in a pee-wee league according to The News Tribune.

“Very unusual transition that he’s made,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, according The News Tribune.

You could say that.

That’s where we are with Wilson. He says the ankle is good now, the knee might be OK but the pectoral definitely isn’t. And a college basketball player who hasn’t started a football game since the pee-wee level will be protecting him at left tackle on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. Meanwhile, Wilson probably can’t take any time off because Seattle’s only other two quarterbacks are undrafted rookies.

If Wilson makes it through the season without missing any games, nobody can accuse him of not earning his salary.

That is nuts. The man deserves a lot of credit for giving his all for his team to win. You have to worry though about long-term effects of these decisions and the fact that the injuries continue to snowball a bit. Usually when one part of the body is hurt the body compensates by other parts having to work harder which means they are more susceptible to injury the longer that remains. Might be a good idea to pick a week though and just decide he is going to sit out and let his body heal up a bit. Won't get him back to 100% but might limit how much more damage can be done.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nuts. The man deserves a lot of credit for giving his all for his team to win. You have to worry though about long-term effects of these decisions and the fact that the injuries continue to snowball a bit. Usually when one part of the body is hurt the body compensates by other parts having to work harder which means they are more susceptible to injury the longer that remains. Might be a good idea to pick a week though and just decide he is going to sit out and let his body heal up a bit. Won't get him back to 100% but might limit how much more damage can be done.

Seattle fans dont see it or wont admit it but much of this problem has to do with all the high salaries in certain positions limiting their ability to get quality players throughout the team instead of just on defense. They wont throw blame on Schneider for this problem at all. It is the O line coach who sucks is what I read.

I mean you think you could find a better left tackle to protect your $20 mil man than some guy who was a basketball player who has not played tackle since he was a kid

Or to have enough money budgeted for a reasonable 2cnd team QB so you can let your main guy rest a few weeks if he needs it

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams but I would be stupid to say my Cardinals

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans dont see it or wont admit it but much of this problem has to do with all the high salaries in certain positions limiting their ability to get quality players throughout the team instead of just on defense. They wont throw blame on Schneider for this problem at all. It is the O line coach who sucks is what I read.

I mean you think you could find a better left tackle to protect your $20 mil man than some guy who was a basketball player who has not played tackle since he was a kid

Or to have enough money budgeted for a reasonable 2cnd team QB so you can let your main guy rest a few weeks if he needs it

There's certainly some fans who want to lay it all at Cable's feet. Any fanbase has people who like easy answers. But there's plenty of us who see a shift happening. Schneider IS going to address the OL weakness, it's just going to take some time. Ifedi is raw, but has a huge upside, so the interior of the line is actually pretty solid.

Nobody thought that we had any real answers at tackle though. That was wing and a prayer.

Look, last year they tried out Russ as a pocket QB who was going to throw first, and Wilson went on a historic tear. So now they're committed to making him the focus of the team, AND protecting him.

So absolutely, starting next year, there's going to be some tough choices on our D. Some of those elite D linemen and d-backs are going to be gone, or asked to restructure. Young guys like Frank Clark are going to be asked to step up.

The almost historic run (not done since the 50's) of the D, is probably over this year, and DEFINITELY will be over next year.

The next guys exiting stage left won't just be really nice complimentary pieces, (Irvin, Mebane, etc), they'll be some cornerstone guys. Maybe Bennett? Maybe Avril or Chancellor?

The money for the O-line has gotta' come from somewhere.

But given his track record for drafting, which sane Seahawks fan wants John Schneider to go anyplace? The 'gamble' of the past 3 years speaks for itself. 1 Lombardi, 1 yd. from another.

That the gamble didn't last forever, not really a big surprise.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far very happy with Okung in Denver. Given the injury bug hasn't gotten him yet but he has done really well and has been our most consistent OL player.

And Okung was mocked for gambling on himself and signing for such a low amount. Good for him. He seems like a quality guy.

He wasn't going to sign that cheap in Seattle though.