• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it appears the record is better than in 2014 but the opponents played in each season through 6 games maybe also should be factored in. This season you are averaging 8 less points per game scored than in 2014 and this years 6 teams that you have played are of lower talent than those played in 2014.

2014 = Pack, Chargers, Broncos, Redskins, Cowboys, Rams
2016 = Dolphins, Rams, 49ers, Jets, Falcons, Cards.

At least you could bring your scoring average up against the 1 win 9ers and 2 win Jets and the 26th ranked falcon defense.

If your O line coach can somehow work a miracle with the shit he was given to work with by your teams management because they ran out of money maybe Wilson will be able to stay on his feet and not get a new injury each week. Have you heard how the injured pec muscle is this week that he hurt in last weeks game? In 2014 Wilson was running around making plays.

Russell Wilson 2014 through 6 games = 11TDs, 2 int, 327 yards rushing, 102.48 rating and Lynch was running at 70 yards per game. Russel Wilson so far through 6 games in 2016 = 5TDs which is less than half as much as last year, 33 yards rushing or 1/10 of what he had in 2014, a QB rating of 94.3 and Michael rushing for 67 yards per game.

Most people would see this and say that 2014 was a better year so far for the Seahawks if we did not mention the records. Yes this season the record is better than 2014 for the Seahawks but the actual team is worse. This sort of thing can actually happen.

Please give me some of whatever you are drinking so I can think that this years Packers are as good or better than the 2014 Packers because I need it.
At least you have optimism hoping the offense will come around as that is a good trait to have :suds:

Get those facts and stats out of here. It's obvious Seattle isn't where they were in 2014 and their schedule isn't as difficult. It's taking everything they got to beat out bad to mediocre teams even with the assistance of refs. Their D isn't as formidable as it once was, their O-line is still trash, their running game is non-existent, and RW is playing at 60% health.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of the Seahawks struggling... And there is only two teams with a better record in the NFC, by a 1/2 game. And neither of them are in Wisconsin.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW...I don't think any of them (SEA, DAL, MIN) are "bad" picks.

SEA had a tough game on the road vs a DIV foe that has a pretty good DEF and they were desperate...most teams that put up 6 points on the road lose so that fact that they were in that game says a lot about them overall.

IF SEA goes to NO and put up less than 20 pts I think we have to knock them down a notch or two.
I'm with you except the Seattle offense is bad right now. A lot has to do with the lack of mobility from Wilson. He is in no way, shape or form a pocket paser. His success is attributed to his scrambling ability and finding open recievers. If he gets healthy they'll likely put up more points.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homerism is running deep here. That's why I hate stats. Keep searching because you'll always find some stat to support your your opinion. Which of course doesn't hold water against whomever you're arguing with. Where is Shark on a Tricycle he should be in here?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homerism is running deep here. That's why I hate stats. Keep searching because you'll always find some stat to support your your opinion. Which of course doesn't hold water against whomever you're arguing with. Where is Shark on a Tricycle he should be in here?

Heh. Translation: Stats are fine when they support me, not so fine when they don't.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately, if he could run for his life he would.

But he can't......

I won't disagree with that. Been a lot of throwaways lately. But when he has a pocket he's been good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you except the Seattle offense is bad right now. A lot has to do with the lack of mobility from Wilson. He is in no way, shape or form a pocket paser. His success is attributed to his scrambling ability and finding open recievers. If he gets healthy they'll likely put up more points.

He's good from the pocket, as shown last half of last season. Course you got to have a pocket to throw from.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of the Seahawks struggling... And there is only two teams with a better record in the NFC, by a 1/2 game. And neither of them are in Wisconsin.

GB was 6-0 at this time last year but once they played the Panthers and Denver back to back we found out they were not the best team in the league and their record was a product of an easy schedule. Hawks have had an easy schedule and have barely squeaked by these wins/ties. They haven't looked good in most of their games. Their defense is still good but not where it used to be. Their run game has dropped off dramatically and with RW playing on a bad leg it's made the offense look below average at best this year. Now, if RW finally gets healthy, and Rawlins starts to look like the man from last year well the O can very easily compete for the best in the NFC but right now I just don't see it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good from the pocket, as shown last half of last season. Course you got to have a pocket to throw from.

Wasn't RW the best pocket passer in the second half of last season? I thought I seen a stat recently where his pocket passing was about 117 or something.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't RW the best pocket passer in the second half of last season? I thought I seen a stat recently where his pocket passing was about 117 or something.

He's a fine pocket passer. But he needs a pocket.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like the "Third Best Team in the NFC by Winning % in Week 7" trophy?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it is kind of a down year where most teams really fall in the middle category and you don't have a lot of teams really separating themselves. As for Seattle it is pretty obvious to see the struggles of the offense. 3 of the 6 games this year with scoring 12 points or less and in the other 3 not like they were high quality opponents when it comes to the defensive side of the ball. So when they run into high quality defenses one has to wonder how long that defense can continue to win them games especially when it comes to the playoffs. I look at the remaining schedule and I see a pretty tough remaining schedule so just don't know what to expect from them moving forward. I figure they are playoff bound I'm just not sure I see a Super Bowl caliber team in the Seahawks unless that OL starts playing incredible or Russell Wilson all of a sudden gets healthy. That is another factor in this equation that while Russell Wilson is still a good QB even injured he isn't the threat he was before the injuries.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fine pocket passer. But he needs a pocket.

For some reason they've had no luck with the O-line. I believe they've used high draft picks but they haven't worked out. I've been saying for years now that RW won't be around much longer if they don't protect him. Now he's hopping around on one F ing leg.