• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Receiver To Never Win Super Bowl

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson, sure, but I don't think Earl is really in that top echelon of all-timers at RB that haven't won a SB. But, I'm also not very well-acquainted with his work as I am with the other fellas, so perhaps I'm selling him short, I dunno

He had Dan Pastrami as his QB......they stacked the box vs him constantly and he had the pleasure of playing the Steelers in the regular season and the playoffs....Bum Phillips ran him into the ground.....He is up there with all the greats

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had Dan Pastrami as his QB......they stacked the box vs him constantly and he had the pleasure of playing the Steelers in the regular season and the playoffs....Bum Phillips ran him into the ground.....He is up there with all the greats
giphy.gif

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss had Randall Cunningham, Dante Culpepper, and Tom Brady throwing him passes for the majority of his career.

Fitz was catching passes from Matt Leinart, Ryan Lindley, and John Skelton for most of his career. He had Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer for about 7 seasons worth of games. Out of a 16 year career, he had competent QBs for less than half of that.

I don't expect a lot of TDs when you're catching passes from John Skelton and Ryan Lindley. Not even Moss would put up the stats Fitzgerald has with the putrid QBs he's played with.

Good point. It is hard to compare football players' stats because they do rely on teammates more than a sport like baseball. However, I think it's fair to question how good Cunningham and Culpepper really were.

Neither of these two QB's is in the Hall of Fame, but when they played with Moss, they looked really good for much of their time with him. Cunningham's best season was when he played with Moss. Cunningham's passing stats for the rest of his career don't look great, but he did play a good portion of his career in the 1980's. Culpepper wasn't good for long, and those good years were when he played with Moss.

Moss really only played 2 years with a great QB, as Brady only played one game in 2008, and Moss still scored 11 TDs in that 2008 season.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was something else. Heard him describe as two tree trunks with cleats at the bottom. Hit like he was shot from a cannon but incredibly nifty also. Loved watching that dude run. Went back to look at his film...yup he was fantastic.

Just thinking about having to tackle him probably caused pain to defensive players.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the best Lions receiver.

of course, the dandelions have had plenty of 6'5" 240 pound receivers who can run a 4.35 40, with a 43 inch vertical leap.

bump this thread when someone breaks his single season record for receiving yards.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, the dandelions have had plenty of 6'5" 240 pound receivers who can run a 4.35 40, with a 43 inch vertical leap.

bump this thread when someone breaks his single season record for receiving yards.

Herman Moore had height and leaping abilty, but he certainly didn't have the speed and bulk of Calvin Johnson.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman Moore had height and leaping abilty, but he certainly didn't have the speed and bulk of Calvin Johnson.

true, herman moore was elite, but not quite a megatron physically. johnson came along and broke his records.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss, Largent, Fitz.

EASY answer.