• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Receiver To Never Win Super Bowl

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's he and Moss...and I'd take Fitz over Moss only because of how he handles himself as a man off the field...Fitz is a true role model, I don't think you can say the same about Moss.
The only thing that you could pin on Moss was perhaps his giving up on some plays. But, that was part of his strategy, take care of the body.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's he and Moss...and I'd take Fitz over Moss only because of how he handles himself as a man off the field...Fitz is a true role model, I don't think you can say the same about Moss.

Moss has overcome a lot in his life. I have respect for people who do that even though it’s not always pretty.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss has overcome a lot in his life. I have respect for people who do that even though it’s not always pretty.
I don't try to keep a man down, but you can't really argue who has conducted himself as a man outside of the game between the two, it's not a contest. I get it, Moss came from a crap background and didn't have a support system to fall back on, but his decision making from an early age on into adulthood leaves something to be desired. I don't hold it against him, just saying Fitz has been 1000X the role model.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. All-around. He could do it all. Either you've forgotten or you weren't born yet. .. I'm leaning towards "weren't born yet"
Don’t trust your intuition. Trust me

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By FAR Moss. It's not close.
I love Fitzgerald, Johnson, and TO (well maybe not, TO was a bit of a diva), but Moss not having an SB Ring is insane, he's a definite Top 5 WR of all time while the other 3 likely aren't, which is the reason he's getting my vote.
Look up the stats. Moss is behind both TO and Fitz in most major categories with the exception of TD’s.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in no way does that negate my point. we have seen a plethora of very good players put up fantastic numbers because they were pretty much the only offensive option over the years. sterling sharpe is no different, in this regard.

now, allow me to translate that into something that you might understand a lil' better:

"derpity derp-derp, a'derp, derpa derpins."

clear?:dhd:

Negate yor point? You said yesterday that Sharpe isn't in the same zip code with TO. Yet through 7 season & before his injury he had more catches & yards.

I'm not saying Sharpe's better than TO. But you're way off by thinking Sharpe's #'s didn't match TO's before his career ended.

And the only thing that's clear is when you said Shapre isn't in TO's zip code you were incorrect. The #'s don't lie. Yet you choose to ignore them.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw a name out but I think Andre Johnson will be one of the more under the radar receivers we've seen, too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could pick any of the following:

Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Tim Brown
Andre Johnson
Sterling Sharpe
Cris Carter
Steve Largent

But I'll also throw this hat in the ring:

Pre-CTE Antonio Brown

People run a little wild with their misunderstandings of CTE and how it can impact one's behavior. CTE doesn't do things like turn Hernandez into a murderer. You would also have to establish that AB suffers from CTE in order to even go down this road.

Reports about AB stemming back to CMU say he was never wound too tight.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't try to keep a man down, but you can't really argue who has conducted himself as a man outside of the game between the two, it's not a contest. I get it, Moss came from a crap background and didn't have a support system to fall back on, but his decision making from an early age on into adulthood leaves something to be desired. I don't hold it against him, just saying Fitz has been 1000X the role model.

To his point (and to play devil's advocate)

Moss is almost definitely a much more relatable role model for troubled youth. Different people need different role models depending on their situation. A guy who gets released from prison may have to look up to a guy who once did something horrible, went to prison, got out, changed and made something of himself.

Sometimes the guys who messed up and then got it right are the best role models of all. Darren Waller can tell you what it's like to be in the literal hell of addiction and make it out the other side. To me, that's a lot more inspiring than Larry being "happy, disciplined, hard working Larry" all his life because "that's how momma raised him".

I'm not dense enough to misunderstand your point. It's a valid one. This is just a different perspective, that's all. I probably relate to guy who was troubled before he figured it out more than I do Larry Fitz.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his point (and to play devil's advocate)

Moss is almost definitely a much more relatable role model for troubled youth. Different people need different role models depending on their situation. A guy who gets released from prison may have to look up to a guy who once did something horrible, went to prison, got out, changed and made something of himself.

Sometimes the guys who messed up and then got it right are the best role models of all. Darren Waller can tell you what it's like to be in the literal hell of addiction and make it out the other side. To me, that's a lot more inspiring than Larry being "happy, disciplined, hard working Larry" all his life because "that's how momma raised him".

I'm not dense enough to misunderstand your point. It's a valid one. This is just a different perspective, that's all. I probably relate to guy who was troubled before he figured it out more than I do Larry Fitz.
Well stated @richig07 . Not taking anything away from Larry. I honestly love the guy as an athlete and a person but a lot of these guys had to go toward the bottom before they climbed to the top, so to speak. While I didn't care for some of the things Moss did as a player on the field, I do respect his accomplishments and his positive impact now.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boi Steve Largent

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy choice. calvin johnson is the best receiver of all time.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Racer is poor and stupid. Nothing but sad stacks.

Thanks handi. That means a lot to me coming from an ass kissing fruitcake like you :thumb: