• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Offseason talk (general)

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've seen people saying Richardson will be a better pro RB than Mark Ingram.

I wouldn't trade 2 #1s to get him either, but I would before I'd trade 2 #1s to get Blackmon.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade 2 first to get Blackmon first. It's no coincidence who the best team in each league is. NE and GB followed closely by NO. What do they have? A plethora of good WR's and they air it out. GB and NE almost exclusively pass. NO's does run, but it only works because of a great O-line, not because of a great RB. I didn't think Ingrim was a 1st round pick so saying he is better than Ingrim doesn't mean a lot to me. I'd rather have Tolbert and DeCastro than Richardson every day of the week. If pick 17 came and DeCastro and Richardson were both available, I'd probably pick DeCastro. Richardson isn't Peterson or MJD. He won't be great behind our O-Line.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how many good WRs we get, the coaches still won't air it out.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bring in a solid #2 WR via free agency (Reggie Wayne is my #1 choice)

Draft heavy on defense and offensive line.

Draft a running back

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NE and the Packers also have 2 of the best QB's in the league. That wouldn't work for us.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would also pick DeCastro over Richardson. But I would take Richardson over another #1 WR. Those teams (NE, NO, GB) are great but they don't have any one great WR (unless you count Welker or Jennings) among them. The Pats have Welker and TEs. The Saints have Colston, then a bunch of role players like Henderson and a great TE. The Pack has Jennings. Nelson had a great year this year. Then its Jones and Driver and a great TE. The key is to add the right pieces around Green, and get Gresham properly involved. A solid #2 guy and getting Shipley back is far more important than drafting another WR who will want to be the man.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It doesn't matter how many good WRs we get, the coaches still won't air it out.

it also wont matter how good the wideouts are if the interior of the o-line gets blown up play after play. Get an O-line in place that can give Dalton an actual pocket to throw out of and that can open up holes in the run game and watch how the offense improves.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NE and the Packers also have 2 of the best QB's in the league. That wouldn't work for us.

no kidding....cant compare Bengals to NE, GB or NO. HOF QB's playing at the top of their games. It's like an NBA team in the 90's saying they just need to get an awesome #2 guard to be like Chicago.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was you win with passing. I agree we need an OG before a WR or a RB. I was just saying I'd rather trade up for Blackmon than Richardson, not that we should do either.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Richardson, but I agree with Tubbs.....Blackmon opposite Green sounds absolutely delicious to me......the best teams are stacked at wr.....the line must be fixed first though, and preferably in free agency.......

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NE is not stacked at WR. If the Bengals had drafted Jimmy Graham I betcha he'd have seen very little playing time. I think the Bengals are as talented as any team at the skill positions (no shit...Green, Simpson, Gresham, Shipley, Hawkins..not too shabby). The issue is with the design and the O-line. Even with a bad design if the O-line can give Dalton time for those guys to get open he'll find them. People also want to bitch about Benson (which I get) but he has nothing to work with. The interior O-line opens no holes for him to work with. If I had to pick between either Ricardson, Blackmon or two elite interior O-lineme prospects I'm going O-line everytime.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servo, you are missing the point. No one is saying we don't need OG's and no one is saying we should pick a WR over an OG. I'm saying I'd rather have Blackmon over Richardson with this team.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Servo, you are missing the point. No one is saying we don't need OG's and no one is saying we should pick a WR over an OG. I'm saying I'd rather have Blackmon over Richardson with this team.

I'd take Richardson (with this team...) bit wouldnt package both 1st roudners to move up for either.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson would be no better than Benson with this line. However you put a WR on the other side as talented as Green is, and that can go over the middle and make big YAC yards, this offense gets a lot scarier. I'd much rather have Blackmon. As I've said, Richardson isn't a McFadden or Peterson IMO. No reason I would pick him in the top 10.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Richardson would be no better than Benson with this line. However you put a WR on the other side as talented as Green is, and that can go over the middle and make big YAC yards, this offense gets a lot scarier. I'd much rather have Blackmon. As I've said, Richardson isn't a McFadden or Peterson IMO. No reason I would pick him in the top 10.

couyld make the exact same argument with a WR. Bottom line, without a good O-line both the running game and the passing game are fucked regardless of the talent at the skill positions. Conversely a great O-line can make guys with adequate talent at the skill positions look pretty good.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to GB. Their O-line is terrible. Yes I know they have Rodgers, but you don't have to have a great O-line to have a great passing team. SD has done it for years. Same with NE in past years. Yes I know all these teams have great QB's but I picture Dalton being a pro bowler too so I see no reason he can't do those same things. You can have a great passing game without a great line.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dalton will never be Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or even Rivers. It's pointless to keep pointing to what those guys are doing.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be better than Rivers personally. Rivers doesn't have a huge arm either. And you have no idea what Dalton will be. No one thought Brady would be anything either. People thought Brees career was over. Rodgers was the 25th pick. Richardson wouldn't be a great back in this offense as is. However you put Blackmon opposite Green and that passing game becomes a whole lot scarier.