• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals fans should be ticked

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but that was NOT a fumble, totally inexcusable to let that NON fumble stand, knee was clearly down before the ball came out...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but that was NOT a fumble, totally inexcusable to let that NON fumble stand, knee was clearly down before the ball came out...
Yep. Tough way to go down, but the Bengals missed many opportunities. While the call did not cost them the game, it did cost them a CHANCE to tie it up, or drive down, etc....That's the shame in it, because that play isn't a arbitrary penalty being called (or not called). It was clear as day he was down, and I've yet to find anyone who disagrees including many Steeler fans. It's got to go down as one of the biggest blow calls I've seen in awhile simply because it was a black/white issue that was reviewed, and was clear.

Oh well. Nothing to do now but move on. We'll see if the Bengals can bounce back next week against Denver at home.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't touched down before Harrison's hit, correct? However, with the knee down, as soon as there is contact to force the ball loose, it should be down by contact. Strange call.

I suppose it comes down to the original call being a fumble. There doesn't seem to be a view that shows the ball under control before the hit, just that it's definitely out after the hit (with the knee already down). The assumption is that the ball is under control before the hit, but that isn't enough to overturn the call in the refs' eyes.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't touched down before Harrison's hit, correct? However, with the knee down, as soon as there is contact to force the ball loose, it should be down by contact. Strange call.

I suppose it comes down to the original call being a fumble. There doesn't seem to be a view that shows the ball under control before the hit, just that it's definitely out after the hit (with the knee already down). The assumption is that the ball is under control before the hit, but that isn't enough to overturn the call in the refs' eyes.

It was a crazy call, especially after they had time to look in slow motion how obvious it was.. I was baffled..

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fix was in. The officiating was questionable throughout the entire game.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I saw the replay and thought "that's getting over-turned". Got up to do something and came back confused seeing the Steelers with the ball. Bad call. Hate to see that. Especially in such an important game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL refs continue to be the worst of the worst. People who were complaining about the replacement refs should be embarrassed. The permanent ones are as bad if not worse. As far as other sports, there may be calls that are incorrect but nowhere near as obvious as the ones in the NFL. Refs are probably instructed to keep games as close as possible. The NFL must think a close finish is exiting like people wont realize they are based on the refs making shit calls. Its pathetic really.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain teams get certain calls.. Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Denver (last few years at least..) get lots of calls in their favor.

One of the perks of being the media and league darlings as well as the most obvious teams for casual fans to start following.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree it was a bad call...if I were a Bengal fan I would be more ticked at not throwing the challenge flag on the Uzomah pass ruled incomplete in the endzone, and the missed opportunities in the RZ.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree it was a bad call...if I were a Bengal fan I would be more ticked at not throwing the challenge flag on the Uzomah pass ruled incomplete in the endzone, and the missed opportunities in the RZ.
Oh, there's lots of things that any Bengal fan can be ticked at. Most of them of the Bengals' own doing, there's no doubt. You'll not see me say that they deserved that win, and were screwed by the poor call on the field, because they did not play well enough. However, they did play well enough to at least get a CHANCE to finish that drive and see what the outcome would have been. Could have been an INT, or another fumble....a TD with a failed 2-pt conversion, or a tie game.

The bottom line is, while the Bengals screwed themselves over throughout the game, they were at least in a position to tie the game (potentially) on that drive. The fact that a call that was not a judgement call, or an arbitrary violations call (such as holding, PI, etc...since these can be called almost at will any play) but on a call that should have been clearly over-turned upon review really is what chaps most fans.

Even if the Bengals' challenged that non-TD call and got it reversed (and really, with how the fumble replay turned out, how much confidence do you think any Bengals fan should have THAT call would have been over-turned?), the Bengals would have still needed to drive for the win, and who's to say the same thing couldn't have happened.

The Refs did not cost them that game. No. The Bengals did that to themselves, but it's fair to say that a blown call that was easily seen upon review did cost them at least a chance to do something.

At least it was a well played (well, sorta with all that rain, it was ugly) and things were in control all game long from a player/emotion standpoint, and no one got hurt.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I saw the replay and thought "that's getting over-turned". Got up to do something and came back confused seeing the Steelers with the ball. Bad call. Hate to see that. Especially in such an important game.
Game 2?!:eek:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a replay that clearly shows the ball wrapped up and under control when his knee hits, or do you just not see it fall out yet from an obstructed view where the ball and arm are not clearly visable?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, there's lots of things that any Bengal fan can be ticked at. Most of them of the Bengals' own doing, there's no doubt. You'll not see me say that they deserved that win, and were screwed by the poor call on the field, because they did not play well enough. However, they did play well enough to at least get a CHANCE to finish that drive and see what the outcome would have been. Could have been an INT, or another fumble....a TD with a failed 2-pt conversion, or a tie game.

The bottom line is, while the Bengals screwed themselves over throughout the game, they were at least in a position to tie the game (potentially) on that drive. The fact that a call that was not a judgement call, or an arbitrary violations call (such as holding, PI, etc...since these can be called almost at will any play) but on a call that should have been clearly over-turned upon review really is what chaps most fans.

Even if the Bengals' challenged that non-TD call and got it reversed (and really, with how the fumble replay turned out, how much confidence do you think any Bengals fan should have THAT call would have been over-turned?), the Bengals would have still needed to drive for the win, and who's to say the same thing couldn't have happened.

The Refs did not cost them that game. No. The Bengals did that to themselves, but it's fair to say that a blown call that was easily seen upon review did cost them at least a chance to do something.

At least it was a well played (well, sorta with all that rain, it was ugly) and things were in control all game long from a player/emotion standpoint, and no one got hurt.

Good points and I don't really disagree with any of them, but my point was the non-TD was a close enough play to throw the red flag...yes, there was a lot of football to be played and imo neither call caused CIN to lose, but 6 makes it a 1 possession game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points and I don't really disagree with any of them, but my point was the non-TD was a close enough play to throw the red flag...yes, there was a lot of football to be played and imo neither call caused CIN to lose, but 6 makes it a 1 possession game.
Agreed.

Although, at this point with how the fumble replay played out, I'm not so sure it would have been over-ruled for a TD had Marvin challenged. LOL

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely was not a fumble. The refs absolutely got the call wrong on that one. I can understand getting the initial call wrong but seeing the replay should had corrected things.

Exactly... I was pretty baffled how they could look at that in slow mo and still get it wrong... I think we all want the games played fairly win or lose...