• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that Rubio deal is indeed best available, I make him rot on the bench instead. That deal does nothing to move the needle for Philly. Might as well play Maxey and Shake Milton at the point.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the entire world watched him refuse to dunk the ball from underneath the basket. They all saw him shoot 31% from the stripe. And to be honest, if I had to guess I would say that Ben's image across the league was not that great before these playoffs. He's a player with absurd God given abilities who is squandering it because whatever reason.

Ben is acting like he is the first player to ever be publicly criticized for shitting the bed. While I think that Doc screwed up and should have done more to walk back his statements, at the the same time, Ben needs to put his big boy pants on and take ownership of his performance.

What has he done to show that he has learned and working to improve his game? Release another round of sizzle reels showing him take 3 pointers in an open gym?
He has never improved. I watched him at LSU and felt he had no heart.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Simmons at this point is probably actually underrated for the first time in his life

He spent the rest of his career being dramatically overrated but after this last playoff tge narrative has flipped so far that the opposite is true now

That said just move him fir the most you can get and be done with it. No point in messing around

Not by the 6ers, they want 15 1st round picks, 3 stars, and your left testicle to trade for a guy that never bothered to get a jumpshot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not by the 6ers, they want 15 1st round picks, 3 stars, and your left testicle to trade for a guy that never bothered to get a jumpshot.

Whereas the Twolves aren't willing to include D'Angelo Russell in a deal for Ben Simmons.

It's all posturing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas the Twolves aren't willing to include D'Angelo Russell in a deal for Ben Simmons.

It's all posturing.
I would trade everything important in my life to get rid of Russell.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 months too late

This isn't the 1st time he's talked about it. Or Morey. This was Doc Rivers said the next day after the infamous quote..

Obviously what Ben just went through, I can't imagine that. Because he has so much greatness in all the things around him that he does. There are areas that he can fix, quickly, in my opinion, and get better, that will take him to another level. Sometimes you don't know why you're in different places, you know what I mean? But this may be one of them. I look at this as a great challenge, but definitely a doable one."

He would have come off as a complete fake idiot if he said "Ben is a perfect player and we support him unconditionally" a few days after the disaster that was the Hawks series.

According to the leaks, Simmons is pissed that the team didn't publicly reprimand Doc Rivers.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's got ice water running through his veins!?!
I realize that somebody needs to not prevent someone from getting to the paint so KAT can not protect the rim, but can we get someone who does not love highly contested fadeaway midrange jumpers as well?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade everything important in my life to get rid of Russell.

And yet the Twolves are pretending that they wouldn't part with his albatross contract.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing rumors...

C.J., RoCo and multiple 1st's

But Philly seems to be still trying to find something better, don't blame them keep your options open but you can only do that for so long. That would be a steal for Philly, Simmons isn't worth that much imo

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing rumors...

C.J., RoCo and multiple 1st's

But Philly seems to be still trying to find something better, don't blame them keep your options open but you can only do that for so long. That would be a steal for Philly, Simmons isn't worth that much imo
I’m all over that. Would prefer someone other than RoCo - he’s similar to the game of Green and Thybulle. But if this is best out there I’d jump on it. Outside of Dame and Beal, it’s McCollum that stands out to me as the next attractive single piece. I like what he brings as a combo guard and his ability to play 1 or 2 and the flexibility that gives them to match up and close.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all over that. Would prefer someone other than RoCo - he’s similar to the game of Green and Thybulle. But if this is best out there I’d jump on it. Outside of Dame and Beal, it’s McCollum that stands out to me as the next attractive single piece. I like what he brings as a combo guard and his ability to play 1 or 2 and the flexibility that gives them to match up and close.

CJ has been the simplest trade idea for Ben since the season ended. Both teams will do lots of posturing denying such a deal, but the Blazers need a change and obviously so does Ben.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the Twolves are pretending that they wouldn't part with his albatross contract.
Yeah, they get rid of KAT's bestie and he might go full Ben Simmons on the Wolves.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that somebody needs to not prevent someone from getting to the paint so KAT can not protect the rim, but can we get someone who does not love highly contested fadeaway midrange jumpers as well?

That would seem to be an opportunity for a proven veteran and/or coaching to improve the shot selection at least. I was joking anyway about the ice water, lol. I remember his questionable defense and shot selection from his time with the Lakers; he needs some guidance and coaching up.

If not for that contract, putting him under Lebron's wing would be enticing to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons at #28 in espn top 100 rankings

Yeah, that is about right.

Ranking him lower is an overreaction to the end of his time in Philly.

Ben Simmons is a really good player. Not an elite player, but a really good one.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly should fine his ass for every day he doesn't come back, and then, once he comes back with his tail between his legs, make him have to make 75% of his FTs in front of the entire team before he can rejoin the roster.

Then they should trade him to Sacramento. Or Minnesota. Or Cleveland.

Fuck this fake superstar.

Probably has a very list of teams: LAL, LAC and a couple of top 5 teams