• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell not a happy camper

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract-year RB Le'Veon Bell says he will consider sitting out the 2018 season or retiring if franchise tagged for the second-consecutive year.

"I hope it doesn't come to that, but I would definitely consider it," Bell said Thursday. Asked what he wants the Steelers to do this offseason, Bell said he wants to be properly valued. "Just get the numbers straight, exactly where we want them," Bell said. "I know what I do and what I bring to the table. I'm not going out here getting the ball 400 times if I'm not getting what I feel I'm valued at." It's a more than fair point. Bell made $12.1 million under the tag in 2017. That number would be roughly $14.5 million for 2018, Bell's age-26 campaign. :suds:
Either pay him or trade him.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell won't be in Pitt next season. When the Jags win this weekend, it will be Bell's last game in Steelers uni.

book it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that right there, in a nutshell, is why I can't trust Pitt against Pats in a couple of weeks. One team concentrates on team/winning Super Bowls/etc.......and the other? Threatening holdouts for more cash.....and making rap albums and such.

Go and google what he did to his girlfriend. Haha.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hernnandez, when he wasn't on the playing field, was participating in organized crime and masterminding gangland-style executions, but OMG! a Steeler player performed some rap music!

Tom Brady crying about Randy moss messing up his hair and Giselle throwing verbal haymakers at Wes Welker but, OMG! Le'Veon Bell wants a raise.

Gronkowski getting falling down sloppy assed drunk and dancing on tables with hookers and p o r n queens but, OMG! the Steelers something something something.

You Patriot fans are a bunch of drama queens.

Organized crime?!?!?!

Bwhahaha

Priceless.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with making 14.5M for one year? Also, after next year they can't tag him again, right? He's free, right? What's wrong with that deal? Somebody will pay him AND he'll have all the leverage.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with making 14.5M for one year? Also, after next year they can't tag him again, right? He's free, right? What's wrong with that deal? Somebody will pay him AND he'll have all the leverage.
They can tag him agsin, but he'd make QB money.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can tag him a third time?
Yep, they can Franchise Tag him or Transition Tag him. FT gives Pitt full rights, Transition Tag cost a little less, but Bell can negotiate with othet teams. Redskins are at this point with Cousins. If the Skins FT Cousins they will basically end up paying him the amount of guarantees Cousins wanted 3 years ago. I'm guessing Bell could be in the same situation after the 2018 season.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, they can Franchise Tag him or Transition Tag him. FT gives Pitt full rights, Transition Tag cost a little less, but Bell can negotiate with othet teams. Redskins are at this point with Cousins. If the Skins FT Cousins they will basically end up paying him the amount of guarantees Cousins wanted 3 years ago. I'm guessing Bell could be in the same situation after the 2018 season.

Got it. Thanks guys.

Not for nothing but what's wrong with that from a players perspective? I know there's no bonus money but damn that's guaranteed money! If you feel like you're being taken advantage of just say you tweaked your hamstring. Guys say that all the time to get out of training camp. The contracts fully guaranteed and if they don't tag you again then you know somebody will pay you

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. Thanks guys.

Not for nothing but what's wrong with that from a players perspective? I know there's no bonus money but damn that's guaranteed money! If you feel like you're being taken advantage of just say you tweaked your hamstring. Guys say that all the time to get out of training camp. The contracts fully guaranteed and if they don't tag you again then you know somebody will pay you

For us poor working folks we'll jump at it, but the players are trying to get that money guaranteed plus additional money on contract in case of injury. If injured under the tag they may never see a long term big money deal.
Cousins has never had a major injury so its working out in his favor, Bell with injury history and being a RB is taking a higher risk.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he asked himself the question.

He had a microphone (assuming?) put to his mouth...not a gun. He could've just said something like:

'Yoh dog....weez on a mission foh my boy Shazeee, nomesayn?'....and be done with it. But dumbasses like Bell think about themselves....especially on the eve of their playoff run.

I thought it'd be the rapidly aging and deteriorating Big Ben

He's played well recently....especially in the 2nd half of this season.

Until I see otherwise, this Pitt version with Bell, AB, Martavis et al....just a bunch of 'me first' hip hop players who are great individual talents, but notsomuch great team players....and no way can I trust that unit against NE.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he couldn't wait to the season ends.