• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell not a happy camper

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about this. Was it not the reporter asking the question in the first place and Bell just simply giving his honest answer?
He doesn't want to be in limbo with the FT and wants to get as much as he can while he is in his prime. He knows he's only got a 3-5 year window to secure his future and wants a longer term deal, maybe with some guaranteed money. I don't think it's that big of an issue. Guys are dealing with stuff behind the scenes all the time. It's the business side.
Frankly, I have a bigger issue with reporters bringing this up when there are more important things to deal with at the moment. They look for every little thing to try and create drama so they can get a "story". Fuckin bunch of parasites.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a microphone (assuming?) put to his mouth...not a gun. He could've just said something like:

'Yoh dog....weez on a mission foh my boy Shazeee, nomesayn?'....and be done with it. But dumbasses like Bell think about themselves....especially on the eve of their playoff run.

He's played well recently....especially in the 2nd half of this season.

Until I see otherwise, this Pitt version with Bell, AB, Martavis et al....just a bunch of 'me first' hip hop players who are great individual talents, but notsomuch great team players....and no way can I trust that unit against NE.
Egh, he answered a question.

Mountains out of mole hills to me.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he spoke about the importance of winning a SB in Pitt, that stuck out to me more than this other BS that we know will work itself out

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrived stuff just like ESPN was doing with the Patriots. He answered a question, I doubt the other star players who are getting paid with longer contracts care.

The only thing that ever hurt Bells performance was sitting out and driving in a car with Legarrette Blount. If not having a contract bothered him so much then what about the numbers he put this year? :noidea:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone Every season

"I will sit out the season or maybe retire"

We keep buying this stuff

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about this. Was it not the reporter asking the question in the first place and Bell just simply giving his honest answer?
He doesn't want to be in limbo with the FT and wants to get as much as he can while he is in his prime. He knows he's only got a 3-5 year window to secure his future and wants a longer term deal, maybe with some guaranteed money. I don't think it's that big of an issue. Guys are dealing with stuff behind the scenes all the time. It's the business side.
Frankly, I have a bigger issue with reporters bringing this up when there are more important things to deal with at the moment. They look for every little thing to try and create drama so they can get a "story". Fuckin bunch of parasites.
Good point. No real stories, so going for click bait. Bell probably shouldn't have obliged but not like he said he won't play well in the playoffs cause of his current contract situation or something to that affect..

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threatening to retire is a ploy to get what he wants. No matter what happens he is not going to retire.
I have no pity for millionaire cry babies.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Can't see Bell retiring but I can see him holding out to force a trade.

He's aware of how much mileage he has and how much mileage the Steelers will put on him next year and he knows he's only going to get one huge contract.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone Every season

"I will sit out the season or maybe retire"

We keep buying this stuff

wasn't there a poster on here that was all upset and said if something happened he would leave the site forever.. Said thing happened and he's still here