• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Reportedly Likely to Promote Dowell Loggains to Offensive Coordinator

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report just came through on NFL Network, citing a high up Bears executive as the source.

They commented on the long relationship he apparently has with Cutler, and how much Cutler, Gase and Fox praised him this past year.

He was a QB coach in CLE for four years and also an OC in TEN for two.

IMO, Fox just wants to run the same system and wants to promote from within with someone who is up to speed. Possibly pickup where they left off from 2015.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the plan that has been in place. Cutler himself said a month ago that the Bears had a plan in place if Gase left. This was it all along.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it actually. As many systems and OC's as Jay has been thru, anything that even resembles continuity is good IMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it actually. As many systems and OC's as Jay has been thru, anything that even resembles continuity is good IMO.

Agreed. This really smooths over the transition from Gase leaving. Same system, and a coach you worked with all last year closely will be there once again with you. Just as your head offensive guy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This really smooths over the transition from Gase leaving. Same system, and a coach you worked with all last year closely will be there once again with you. Just as your head offensive guy.

Who knows if his "in-game" playcalling would be any good, but hopefully he gleaned enough from Gase.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official Dowell Loggians is new OC.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if his "in-game" playcalling would be any good, but hopefully he gleaned enough from Gase.

Gase's in-game play calling wasn't perfect. It was his first year with a new offense, so I was very happy with what he did and the success Cutler had most of the year. However, I feel it was more the overall philosophy of his offense that I liked. It put Cutler in high percentage, low risk situations and his used his mobility to make things happen as well. He simplified things for him, especially when our receivers and lineman began dropping like flies. I wasn't always in love with him on a play-to-play or drive-to-drive basis. I often felt he did a better job putting together a game plan, than he did play calling.

Loggains does have experience calling plays in Tennessee. Not as much as Gase. However, as long as the basic philosophy stays the same. I don't see why the arrow shouldn't keep pointing up for the offense going forward.