• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's our Offensive Coordinator next year?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter hasn't been fired yet, but there's no chance we keep him. Right?
Rumors are Adam Gase was almost a lock to come here as OC. But I gotta imagine he gets some HC interviews.
A college guy?
A fired HC?
An up and coming QB guru?
Other offensive assistant coach? There's the "passing game coordinator" from the Rams that is likely to get a number of interviews.

Any specific guys you want

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy.

bill.belichick.hate.memes.14.jpg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are Adam Gase was almost a lock to come here as OC. But I gotta imagine he gets some HC interviews.
A college guy?
A fired HC?
Other offensive assistant coach? There's the "passing game coordinator" from the Rams that is likely to get a number of interviews.

Gase would be awesome. I would have to research it for a while as far as college coaches go. I dont pay attention to that sort of thing.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld blogger punked Fat Pat. Never seen that on rotoworld.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Lions and OC Jim Bob Cooter have agreed to "mutually part ways."

They're consciously uncoupling, apparently. We doubt the separation is truly "mutual." Cooter's hands were tied by new coach Matt Patricia's run-first edict, not to mention Golden Tate's trade and Marvin Jones' season-ending injury. The Lions scored 86 fewer points than they did in 2017. Patricia must want more of a flunky, someone who won't question running LeGarrette Blount 154 times. Cooter will have juice on the retread market.
Related: Lions

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't hate Jim Bob too much.

The offense was really good under him the first two years and Stafford got better.
Not his fault for the lack of talent on offense. It's the GM's job to supply that. Stafford was throwing to UDFA types, couple that with handing off to Zenner, Riddick and Blount. You might as well kiss your ass goodbye.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia is pushing for his idol Rex Ryan to be our next OC

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now everyone needs to huddle up and decide who to appoint as Stafford's scapegoat for next year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't hate Jim Bob too much.

The offense was really good under him the first two years and Stafford got better.
Not his fault for the lack of talent on offense. It's the GM's job to supply that. Stafford was throwing to UDFA types, couple that with handing off to Zenner, Riddick and Blount. You might as well kiss your ass goodbye.

He was the OC and called all the plays. You thinking MP forced him to do anything is pure conjecture. MP was always standing next to the Cryptkeeper he hired as a DC helping him run the defense. The offense was all JBC and that is why he is gone. Most everyone agrees with that in the real world. I know a few here still dont see it but that is the reality of it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now everyone needs to huddle up and decide who to appoint as Stafford's scapegoat for next year.

I agree. He sucked this year. Even when he had time to throw he was not good. Couple that with a lot of horrible decisions and the offense was completely dead by year end except against GBs backups.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was all JBC and that is why he is gone.

I clearly remember a play where JBC called for a double team on Aaron Donald and Donald just blew past both of them. Nothing much a coordinator can do against him than call a double team. Then Quinn ships off your best weapon mid-season (not JBC fault), Jones gets hurt (not JBC fault), Ebron gets denied his 5th year option and he goes on to set Indy franchise record in TD's (not JBC's fault). Glasgow, RG and Wagner all sucked (not JBC's fault). Not really sure what the guy was supposed to do?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More specifically, if any of the first 3 in that list are in serious consideration, Patricia must go.

Yeah. First 3 are bunk.

Especially the OL coach. Dude looks like a hot mess and our OL vastly underachieved, considering the money and draft stock tied into it.

I don't mind taking a shot on the Rams assistants. Obviously that type of offense can flourish in the NFL.

I doubt Patricia will hire Gase. Gase is not a "Yes,man" type of hire. Also, Gase continued to misuse Kenyon Drake last year. Last thing I want is him to sit Kerryon in favor of some washed up veteran RB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolute horrible list of "possible" candidates as a whole.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A college guy?
A fired HC?

How about Jim Caldwell?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't want any of the current Lions assistant coaches involved in any play calling as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not impressed with Davidson as an O-Line coach one bit. Godsey hasn't proven to do anything right in previous stints regardless of what personnel he had.

Sark couldn't put together even a decent plan for Bama's NCG versus Clemson two years ago. Daboll's play calling for Bama wasn't any better during his one year stint.

Fuck Bevell, Weiss, Hackett and Haley. Haley is a psychotic ass-wipe.

Maybe to Fisch, Waldon and Ryan. Fisch is the ONLY one of those 3 who has truly called plays as an OC.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really care who it is as long as it is someone with experience as an OC. I dont want any more reaches and certainly noone who was under JBC. They are as much to blame as he was if not more so.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly remember a play where JBC called for a double team on Aaron Donald and Donald just blew past both of them. Nothing much a coordinator can do against him than call a double team. Then Quinn ships off your best weapon mid-season (not JBC fault), Jones gets hurt (not JBC fault), Ebron gets denied his 5th year option and he goes on to set Indy franchise record in TD's (not JBC's fault). Glasgow, RG and Wagner all sucked (not JBC's fault). Not really sure what the guy was supposed to do?

He could have scored some points against the Jets and 49ers. Instead they were picking passes off left and right and knew every play as soon as they lined up.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't want any of the current Lions assistant coaches involved in any play calling as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not impressed with Davidson as an O-Line coach one bit. Godsey hasn't proven to do anything right in previous stints regardless of what personnel he had.

Sark couldn't put together even a decent plan for Bama's NCG versus Clemson two years ago. Daboll's play calling for Bama wasn't any better during his one year stint.

Fuck Bevell, Weiss, Hackett and Haley. Haley is a psychotic ass-wipe.

Maybe to Fisch, Waldon and Ryan. Fisch is the ONLY one of those 3 who has truly called plays as an OC.

No thank you to Ryan, or anyone else from the Texans. I realize they've had a nice season after starting slowly, but that team wins because of its defense. The offense sucks, and has sucked for years now. If it weren't for Watson and his ability to improvise, O'Brien would have been canned a year ago.

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really care who it is as long as it is someone with experience as an OC. I dont want any more reaches and certainly noone who was under JBC. They are as much to blame as he was if not more so.

I'm going to give you a chance to take that back, or to amend it.

Jim Colletto, the worst offensive coordinator in the history of football, had plenty of experience as the worst OC in the history of football before the Lions gave him the job in 2008. Nobody out there is on Jim Colletto's level, but there are plenty of guys out there looking for jobs who have run offenses before and suck at it.