• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears pregame

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already anticipating the responses to my last post, here's the question... If the team with the top pick next year called Washington and offered the top pick ( which you use to select Caleb Williams) in a straight-up swap for Sam Howell and his already-known 2 seasons in the NFL. Do you take that offer? Why or why not? (yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a crazy proposition but play along with me)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that,s why i don,t bet or play fantasy football,too superstious and would,nt enjoy watching the games if i did.
I despise fantasy football! For other reasons though. I tune into the radio expecting to hear legit sports talk and some jerkoff is asking the hist who he should start at RB in his league. Smh

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they absolutely will trade Howell and probably to a team in a similar situation as Washington once was under other leadership. My evaluation of Howell is almost complete and I see him as a pretty competent QB. He's going to get you wins, he's also a stabilizing factor in the position. A whole lot of people will be satisfied with him and want him to stay much like the Kirk Cousins supporters. If, as my opening suggested, EB becomes HC, he will not be satisfied with Howell as his QB. Why because much like Cousins there's a difference between having a QB that you CAN win championships with and one that you WILL win championships with. You have to remember WHERE EB came from (Kansas City) and what they did in a very similar situation after moving up in the draft to get Mahomes and ultimately trading Alex Smith, a consistent winner and playoff QB. This is what the Chiefs traded away... ( I'm sure that you all would love something similiar from Howell)

View attachment 342298View attachment 342299
Once again, it way, way too early for all of this but If I am accurate in who EB is ( and there's a whole lot of supporting evidence) he's not going to settle for good enough when championships are within his grasp. My vision is one that sees Howell ( A 3rd year QB looking for that big contract) as the starter again next year but during the off-season, Washington moves up in the upcoming draft to select their future star QB. However, it all rests upon EB becoming the HC in 2024.
Which Kirk Cousins are you comparing him to? Cuz if we go by the 5th game of their 2nd year in the NFL. I'd opine that Howell is further along in his development than KC was

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise fantasy football! For other reasons though. I tune into the radio expecting to hear legit sports talk and some jerkoff is asking the hist who he should start at RB in his league. Smh
another reason why i,m glad i don,t play.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I repeatedly mentioned that it was way too early for the topic. What I meant about Lamar was the way that they handled his contract.
I disagree with your take on the evaluation of Sam Howell. I also disagree with the prospects that this team had prior to Howell. More teams/organizations ruin QB prospects than develop them properly. Washington isn't an exception to that. That said, he will grow, he will get better and it will be fun watching him get more relaxed in the job, but his tools are what they are, his skillset is what it is and his pedigree is what it will always be. None of that changes with time or experience. What does change is comfort in doing the job and a certain level of proficiency. Proficiency can be measured and one way to do that comes with asking one question... "Is that guy a force multiplier?" ( meaning he makes everyone around him better) Sam Howell operated within the team concept, his skillset fits well within that concept, and he will become comfortable in the job and really proficient while doing it, but when that one question is asked about him the answer is Nope!
I agree with your assessment about teams ruining QBs. Who have the Skins had that's a better prospect though? If u mean Sonnny Jurgunsen OK.

Anyone else though.......hmmm

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already anticipating the responses to my last post, here's the question... If the team with the top pick next year called Washington and offered the top pick ( which you use to select Caleb Williams) in a straight-up swap for Sam Howell and his already-known 2 seasons in the NFL. Do you take that offer? Why or why not? (yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a crazy proposition but play along with me)

Of course I would. The ceiling for Williams is higher, he would have three more years than SH on his contract, and SH has not proven anything yet. And I am the one that claimed SH would be better than anybody in his class. I also said he would be better than anybody in the 2021 class with the possible exception of Lawrence who I have never been a fan of.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Kirk Cousins are you comparing him to? Cuz if we go by the 5th game of their 2nd year in the NFL. I'd opine that Howell is further along in his development than KC was
I'm not comparing him to any version of Kirk Cousins, just the situation and seemingly unending support for him to still be here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I would. The ceiling for Williams is higher, he would have three more years than SH on his contract, and SH has not proven anything yet. And I am the one that claimed SH would be better than anybody in his class. I also said he would be better than anybody in the 2021 class with the possible exception of Lawrence who I have never been a fan of.
So, would I. Williams elevates the play of everyone around him Howell doesn't.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this is even a question at this point in Howell's career.

There are ways to play Howell if they want after year three. They can add money to his fourth your in an extension or just pay him at his current 4th year value and at a higher rate starting in his 5th and whatever amount of years and amount they both agree to.

All that said you play this year out and evaluate after the year. Not after game 4.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No The reason

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment about teams ruining QBs. Who have the Skins had that's a better prospect though? If u mean Sonnny Jurgunsen OK.

Anyone else though.......hmmm
I'd rather not bring up any names, too controversial and not worth the repetition!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW; Here's a season comparison between the Kirk Cousins-led Vikings and the pick-a-hick QB Commanders since 2018. ALL THINGS REMAINING THE SAME we compare...

2018 Vikings at 8-7-1 vs the 2018 Commanders at 7-9-0 (Both missed the playoffs)
2019 Vikings at 10-6 vs the 2019 Commanders at 3-13 (Vikings lost the divisional round and won 1st round, Commanders missed playoffs)
2020 Vikings at 7-9 vs the 2020 Commanders at 7-9 (Vikings missed the playoffs, Commanders lost the Wild Card game)
2021 Vikings at 8-9 vs the 2021 Commanders at 7-10 (Both missed the playoffs)
2022 Vikings at 13-4 vs the 2022 Commanders at 8-8-1 (Vikings made playoffs and lost in the wild Card round, Commanders miss playoffs)
2023 Vikings at 1-3 vs the 2023 Commanders at 2-2 (Thus far)

(a little needle at the Kirk supporters)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t necessarily agree with that. It is too early in either’s career. You also thought Fields was great.
Still, do, put Fields on the Atlanta Falcons right now and they win that division easily. As I said previously, organizations ruin QBs. They don't fail on their own. Thought Haskins was potentially a top-flight QB prospect too, but unfortunately, he came to Washington. Sadly Caleb Williams is looking over the NFL landscape and making decisions about his career path. Chicago will likely pick first and he won't go to that QBing graveyard!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW; Here's a season comparison between the Kirk Cousins-led Vikings and the pick-a-hick QB Commanders since 2018. ALL THINGS REMAINING THE SAME we compare...

2018 Vikings at 8-7-1 vs the 2018 Commanders at 7-9-0 (Both missed the playoffs)
2019 Vikings at 10-6 vs the 2019 Commanders at 3-13 (Vikings lost the divisional round and won 1st round, Commanders missed playoffs)
2020 Vikings at 7-9 vs the 2020 Commanders at 7-9 (Vikings missed the playoffs, Commanders lost the Wild Card game)
2021 Vikings at 8-9 vs the 2021 Commanders at 7-10 (Both missed the playoffs)
2022 Vikings at 13-4 vs the 2022 Commanders at 8-8-1 (Vikings made playoffs and lost in the wild Card round, Commanders miss playoffs)
2023 Vikings at 1-3 vs the 2023 Commanders at 2-2 (Thus far)

(a little needle at the Kirk supporters)
Why? What’s you’re point?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What’s you’re point?
Just having a little fun with those who continually spout Cousins love! For whatever reason there's always some mention of him on this board. and for better or worse I wanted to clap back. The latest mentions were in this past week's "Game Thread" Other recent mentions were in the threads "Eagles pre-game" and "NFL News."

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they absolutely will trade Howell and probably to a team in a similar situation as Washington once was under other leadership. My evaluation of Howell is almost complete and I see him as a pretty competent QB. He's going to get you wins, he's also a stabilizing factor in the position. A whole lot of people will be satisfied with him and want him to stay much like the Kirk Cousins supporters. If, as my opening suggested, EB becomes HC, he will not be satisfied with Howell as his QB. Why because much like Cousins there's a difference between having a QB that you CAN win championships with and one that you WILL win championships with. You have to remember WHERE EB came from (Kansas City) and what they did in a very similar situation after moving up in the draft to get Mahomes and ultimately trading Alex Smith, a consistent winner and playoff QB. This is what the Chiefs traded away... ( I'm sure that you all would love something similiar from Howell)

View attachment 342298View attachment 342299
Once again, it way, way too early for all of this but If I am accurate in who EB is ( and there's a whole lot of supporting evidence) he's not going to settle for good enough when championships are within his grasp. My vision is one that sees Howell ( A 3rd year QB looking for that big contract) as the starter again next year but during the off-season, Washington moves up in the upcoming draft to select their future star QB. However, it all rests upon EB becoming the HC in 2024.

A compelling point, to be sure.

On the other hand, Sty, you cant argue with the logic that suggests that he’s on a fifth round rookie pay scale, which is amazingly cheap to pay for competent qb play, which makes Howell more valuable for the Commanders than his potential replacement.