• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals at Bears

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gon' win this one. They suck.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins out, Kmet questionable, time to step up. Apparently there is still a .06% shot they still make the playoffs, but it includes winning out against the cards, falcons and packers and a whole lotta losing by teams ahead of the bears.

Get the running game going, shorten the game for the defense, go wildcat if Fields is just going to slide.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears keep playing this way, I might actually think they're not bad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Cards have made the proper adjustments, not the Bears

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp…At least this week the other team has the retarded coach that sucks the momentum from his team on the road. Arizona should’ve kicked that xp.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude our short yardage is just so bad.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ugly…but got the dub. Next week’s game will be more interesting. Arizona is just bad. Of course our offense is meh so the game stays in doubt. Same ol same ol.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ugly…but got the dub. Next week’s game will be more interesting. Arizona is just bad. Of course our offense is meh so the game stays in doubt. Same ol same ol.
We should have iced this game by early in the 3rd quarter. We just don't have the staying power. But like you said, it's still a dub and we'll take it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have iced this game by early in the 3rd quarter. We just don't have the staying power. But like you said, it's still a dub and we'll take it.
The team definitely has a complex about winning. I'm serious - there's something psychologically missing from this group right now. You know how some people always self-sabotage in their lives? They get some success, life is on track, things are good... but they just HAVE to toss a hand grenade into things. They can't help it. They went too long smooth sailing and they just HAD to blow it up. I know people like that and used to have a bit of that in me myself.

That's sort of what the 2023 Bears are. They "don't know how to win" yet. Maybe a new coach next year will push them over the hump in that fashion.

I'm being serious - not only do I think this is a top 7 team in the NFC right now. I think we would give anyone not named the Niners a competitive Wild Card round playoff game. This team has been playing very good football. The defense and run game are on point. Fields has done a good job of not hurting us with turnovers (besides a pretty ugly INT today).

The Lions game, the Browns game, the Denver game (MIN/NO games two that were right there for us as well). This team should be ashamed of themselves for sitting here at 6-9 right now instead 9-6. Hell, I'll even give you one of those three disaster losses and settle for 8-7 and tied for a WC spot. Those types of losses CAN happen over the course of a season. But three of those? Holy shit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of the above take. The Bears need to learn how to win. And winning means finishing, all 4 quarters. I don't believe we can get it done with this coaching staff or at least most of them, and I also doubt we can get it done with Fields at the helm, altho it kills me to say that. I really don't want to start from scratch with a new QB, but there may be no other recourse.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of the above take. The Bears need to learn how to win. And winning means finishing, all 4 quarters. I don't believe we can get it done with this coaching staff or at least most of them, and I also doubt we can get it done with Fields at the helm, altho it kills me to say that. I really don't want to start from scratch with a new QB, but there may be no other recourse.
The only reason it's tough to start over at QB - is that we've done things like trade for Sweat. Made some veteran accusations last off-season. The team has sort of been built for the competitive window to open next season. Tossing Caleb Williams/Drake Maye in there doesn't really jive with that. Unless we also brought in a legit older veteran QB like a Kirk Cousins or something - Williams/Maye sit for a year or two.

I find it hard to believe that we would draft Caleb Williams and then ALSO keep Fields as that "stop gap" guy for one year. A) Having both of those guys in the building is a big distraction and probably not fair to either QB. B) Fields will fetch you a decent return on the trade market this off-season.

Fields has been given A LOT of reps and we're at a point where you have to ask yourself "Who has the best chance to be a franchise level NFL QB? Williams or Fields?". To me, the answer is very easy. I have NO IDEA whether or not Caleb Williams will be a successful NFL QB. No one knows these things. That being said - I give him a FAR better chance at learning how to be a successful passer. We've watched Fields make the same mistakes, miss the same throws, take the same sacks, etc. For a very long time now. Has there been improvement? Sure...? I guess. However, it's marginal, at best. It's not enough. He's made small strides in the passing game on basic throws. If anything, I think his biggest improvement since day 1 - is that his running continues to get even better as he becomes more comfortable at the NFL level. Teams game plan so heavily to stop him from running - yet he still does it. There's no question how fantastic he is in that area. That isn't the issue.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason it's tough to start over at QB - is that we've done things like trade for Sweat. Made some veteran accusations last off-season. The team has sort of been built for the competitive window to open next season. Tossing Caleb Williams/Drake Maye in there doesn't really jive with that. Unless we also brought in a legit older veteran QB like a Kirk Cousins or something - Williams/Maye sit for a year or two.

I find it hard to believe that we would draft Caleb Williams and then ALSO keep Fields as that "stop gap" guy for one year. A) Having both of those guys in the building is a big distraction and probably not fair to either QB. B) Fields will fetch you a decent return on the trade market this off-season.

Fields has been given A LOT of reps and we're at a point where you have to ask yourself "Who has the best chance to be a franchise level NFL QB? Williams or Fields?". To me, the answer is very easy. I have NO IDEA whether or not Caleb Williams will be a successful NFL QB. No one knows these things. That being said - I give him a FAR better chance at learning how to be a successful passer. We've watched Fields make the same mistakes, miss the same throws, take the same sacks, etc. For a very long time now. Has there been improvement? Sure...? I guess. However, it's marginal, at best. It's not enough. He's made small strides in the passing game on basic throws. If anything, I think his biggest improvement since day 1 - is that his running continues to get even better as he becomes more comfortable at the NFL level. Teams game plan so heavily to stop him from running - yet he still does it. There's no question how fantastic he is in that area. That isn't the issue.
Well, we the bears have never even made Fields compete for playing time. They had the guy in Foles his first year here that wanted to compete, they left him off the active roster on sundays. That is part of what is missing in the development department. Either way, Poles keeps him and does not go QB in the draft this year, fields ends up being on him. I dont want to see that happening again next year, either with Fields or with a new "franchise guy". All the "Poles is not tied to fields, he did not draft him" are out the door. All I see are posts about Fields as QB1 H1M, it drives me up the wall. Even the new talk is draft a franchise quarterback. For christs sakes, make somebody earn it already. Can you look at New England and say, Zappe has actually earned a spot now? Beargent has that mentality to compete, spends all game when the offense is on the field with the helmet on and warmed up. But does not have the physical skills, but 100% better mentally.

Look at the bright side, you could be Patrick Mahomes having Matt Nagy calling the game for him. Pretty much ends any conversation of if we drafted Mahomes lol.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we the bears have never even made Fields compete for playing time. They had the guy in Foles his first year here that wanted to compete, they left him off the active roster on sundays. That is part of what is missing in the development department. Either way, Poles keeps him and does not go QB in the draft this year, fields ends up being on him. I dont want to see that happening again next year, either with Fields or with a new "franchise guy". All the "Poles is not tied to fields, he did not draft him" are out the door. All I see are posts about Fields as QB1 H1M, it drives me up the wall. Even the new talk is draft a franchise quarterback. For christs sakes, make somebody earn it already. Can you look at New England and say, Zappe has actually earned a spot now? Beargent has that mentality to compete, spends all game when the offense is on the field with the helmet on and warmed up. But does not have the physical skills, but 100% better mentally.

Look at the bright side, you could be Patrick Mahomes having Matt Nagy calling the game for him. Pretty much ends any conversation of if we drafted Mahomes lol.
Dalton started over Fields until he was injured during Fields rookie year (2021). Fields didn't win the job in camp. Dalton was THE starter for that season before getting injured.

This is also just an irrelevant talking point. Every QB drafted in the 1st round is going to be handed the reigns at some point. Plenty of guys right now who are successful without having to "fight for it". Burrow and Lawrence were starters in their careers before Fields got the chance. I think sitting for a year has its benefits (Mahomes - who was also handed the job in year 2). But actually competing for a job? It's not a necessary part of development, at all.

"Pretty much ends any conversation of if we drafted Mahomes"

Dude, you CANNOT be serious. lol. Mahomes first season starting was 2018. Our 2018 team was so good that it made Mitch Trubisky look good at times. We went to the playoffs in 2 of 3 years with Nagy AND MITCH as our QB. If you're actually in the camp of "Mahomes would have failed here". Just hit the bricks and take a lap.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some PFF grades from the Cardinals game:

Sure hope Kmet's injury isn't anything that would keep him out for the remaining two games. Anyone have an update? Interesting that on the D side of the ball our top four performers were all from the secondary. This unit over the course of the season has become one of the team's strengths.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton started over Fields until he was injured during Fields rookie year (2021). Fields didn't win the job in camp. Dalton was THE starter for that season before getting injured.

This is also just an irrelevant talking point. Every QB drafted in the 1st round is going to be handed the reigns at some point. Plenty of guys right now who are successful without having to "fight for it". Burrow and Lawrence were starters in their careers before Fields got the chance. I think sitting for a year has its benefits (Mahomes - who was also handed the job in year 2). But actually competing for a job? It's not a necessary part of development, at all.

"Pretty much ends any conversation of if we drafted Mahomes"

Dude, you CANNOT be serious. lol. Mahomes first season starting was 2018. Our 2018 team was so good that it made Mitch Trubisky look good at times. We went to the playoffs in 2 of 3 years with Nagy AND MITCH as our QB. If you're actually in the camp of "Mahomes would have failed here". Just hit the bricks and take a lap.
No, but Nagy did not want Fields playing. He wanted him groomed and on the sidelines learning. When Dalton got hurt, Foles was here to back up. I really dont think you are backing the suit who knows nothing about football who demanded Fields start game 5. Nagy had a plan that he was forced to change. You think what you think, but neither one can answer, would Fields have been better if he sat the first year. Dont forget that Cincinatti shored up the line in the draft before they drafted Burrow.

Lets see, Rodgers sat almost 3 years. Love sat for 3 years, Mahomes sat 15 games, got to start a meaningless week 16, saving their starter for the playoffs they lost. Hell, even Tom Brady sat his entire first year. Maybe you are not paying attention to the shitshow in KC with Nagy calling plays for Mahomes. Two years with Nagy and Mitch in the playoffs and it was still not good enough to keep that "franchise" quarterback. By the way, Mitch also sat his only his first 4 games.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget that Cincinatti shored up the line in the draft before they drafted Burrow.

No they fucking didn't.

Even after getting Burrow the convo was about drafting olinemen. In fact some Bengal fans were pissed when they passed on a tackle to take Chase.

Stop making stuff up. It's fucking silly.