• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle for RB Starter

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this time we have bigger needs. He'd be perfect if Prosise and Rawls end up not being able to stay healthy - but the backfield would be crowded if all three are healthy and vying for touches.
That's basically my line of thinking. Lockett is the return man. Rawls is more of the power back and Prosise is great out of the backfield as a receiver. I think they should take a RB, but not in the first. DB and O line are more important.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why McCaffery set all kinds or records, most versatile player in 2015... at 26 is about right for him. However, Seattle has bigger needs.But it's not like he's not a 1st round talent to a 3 down RB needy team. He'd be a great RB in the NE offense just not sure NE needs him this year. I see NE going for a bigger back later in the draft to replace Blount eventually.
He's too white which means yeah, probably a NE guy.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically my line of thinking. Lockett is the return man. Rawls is more of the power back and Prosise is great out of the backfield as a receiver. I think they should take a RB, but not in the first. DB and O line are more important.

My only issue with it is that his role on the offense, and his skill set that makes him desirable, is already taken by Prosise.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my argument against Mixon.

It gives trolls more ammo against us. There is already so much. Why give them more

107320-full.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my argument against Mixon.

It gives trolls more ammo against us. There is already so much. Why give them more

107320-full.jpg

Yeah, you make a great point. What he did was just so wrong, yet he could end up being the best RB in the draft, or not. Part of me wants to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a one time mistake, where he just reacted and in a bad way, the other side says he's just a nasty individual who did what was natural to him. Not going to hope the Seahawks draft him even though I think he could end up being a really good RB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too white which means yeah, probably a NE guy.
Yeah he's unhealthy white looking. Kind of like the Asian girls that use that whitening cream. I just don't see BB selecting him with the other needs? But BB never seems to zig when everyone else zags.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you make a great point. What he did was just so wrong, yet he could end up being the best RB in the draft, or not. Part of me wants to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a one time mistake, where he just reacted and in a bad way, the other side says he's just a nasty individual who did what was natural to him. Not going to hope the Seahawks draft him even though I think he could end up being a really good RB.

The man made a terrible mistake. But you know who else has made the same mistake? Frank Clark and he has turned out just fine, same with Tyreek Hill in KC. Mixon could actually be the BEST RB in the draft. Also who the fuck cares about what trolls think. It's just words on a screen.

A 1st round talent could be taken late in the draft, because teams are afraid of a one time mistake. Yeah there was that whole ripped up parking ticket, which I did some reading on and all things lead to it being BS and that he shouldn't have been cited anyway.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. We haven't really seen enough of Prosise to judge exactly what we have with him. Yes, he showed real promise in the limited role he was able to play last season, but 30 carries and less than 50 total touches is not enough to show he's better than Rawls (when healthy) at everything.

Now, I will concede that Prosise is the better receiving back (which is why he was brought in), but it's not like it could be cut and dry that he's the better runner. In 14 career games with 10 or more carries, Rawls has been magnificent (250-1241-7, including 6 100 yard games) with a 5.0 ypc, and that's even with how bad the OL was last year.

Personally, I like them both - but it's not like Prosise was a lights out runner last year (he's one big run against Philly away from having a similar ypc as Rawls' last year). When both are completely healthy, I like the 1-2 punch they could potentially be, but still lean Rawls right now.
Well, I don't claim to know "exactly" what we have in Prosise -- just think he's got better physical talent across the board than Rawls. It's an opinion thing, nothing more. I can't wait to see how it shakes out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man made a terrible mistake. But you know who else has made the same mistake? Frank Clark and he has turned out just fine, same with Tyreek Hill in KC. Mixon could actually be the BEST RB in the draft. Also who the fuck cares about what trolls think. It's just words on a screen.

Guess it comes down to if it was a just a mistake or is he a douch by nature. I'm actually kind of torn on Mixon, glad I don't have to make the decisions. Got to say Clark has been a great example of someone making the best of a second chance, at least so far. Not everyone does the same.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Frank Clark's mistake? That he got accused of something and had the charges dropped due to lack of evidence?

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it comes down to if it was a just a mistake or is he a douch by nature. I'm actually kind of torn on Mixon, glad I don't have to make the decisions. Got to say Clark has been a great example of someone making the best of a second chance, at least so far. Not everyone does the same.

From what I've read is that all his coaches and teammates actually say he is a good dude. His position coach said that he came home from the hospital with his wife who just gave birth to flowers on the counter from Mixon... If that is true, it doesn't sound like a douche thing to me.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Frank Clark's mistake? That he got accused of something and had the charges dropped due to lack of evidence?

In 2014 he was arrested for domestic violence and dismissed from the team. This wasn't even his first arrest either. In 2012 he plead guilty to a felony home invasion.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 he was arrested for domestic violence and dismissed from the team
Being arrested doesn't automatically mean you made a mistake. It means you were arrested.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 he was arrested for domestic violence and dismissed from the team
Yeah I know. Cook is a player reportedly that hit a woman also, but wasn't on tape, doesn't seem to have hurt his stock any. IDK, I'll just leave up to the Seahawks to vet players, fans really don't know shit about the players character.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Not........

The guy is just another Headache
Mixon will fall pretty far i think, possibly to our late 3rd picks. Its a deep RB class and the guys without issues will be taken first.

Even if he isnt there bottom round 3, theres a good chance another good back will be.

I'd be surprised if he falls out of the 2nd round...