• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle for RB Starter

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Pete would like the run game to work better next year. The change of RB coach, this declaration all point to that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should draft one too, cant trust either of these guys to stay healthy.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id either use one of the compensation picks or a Saturday pick

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Pete would like the run game to work better next year. The change of RB coach, this declaration all point to that.

If the o-line doesn't get better, the run game won't work well. Both guys are talented, just need some holes to run through.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the o-line doesn't get better, the run game won't work well. Both guys are talented, just need some holes to run through.

I read something yesterday saying that Schneider thinks they were "too young" on the offensive line last year (no duh, right?) and that they'd like to add a veteran or two to the group this year. In the same interview, he says he regrets that they cut Jahri Evans for that reason.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may get some flack for this, but I seriously hope Seattle thinks about taking Mixon with a mid to late round pick if he is there. Seattle seems to be able to sign/draft people who have made a mistakes in their past and it turns out favorably.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something yesterday saying that Schneider thinks they were "too young" on the offensive line last year (no duh, right?) and that they'd like to add a veteran or two to the group this year. In the same interview, he says he regrets that they cut Jahri Evans for that reason.

I'd be all for in picking up one o-line vet. Hawks have some cap room to make one good splash in this department.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may get some flack for this, but I seriously hope Seattle thinks about taking Mixon with a mid to late round pick if he is there. Seattle seems to be able to sign/draft people who have made a mistakes in their past and it turns out favorably.

I'm cool if we draft Mixon... Not till the 2nd round though...

I'm Not........

The guy is just another Headache

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool if we draft Mixon... Not till the 2nd round though...

I'm of the opinion that he's a maybe if he's still there for the compensatory picks at the end of the 3rd...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this truly is a competition for the starting job with each player beginning on equal footing, then Prosise is going to be the guy. Just talking pure talent and physical ability, I think he's better than Rawls at pretty much everything.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this truly is a competition for the starting job with each player beginning on equal footing, then Prosise is going to be the guy. Just talking pure talent and physical ability, I think he's better than Rawls at pretty much everything.

I don't agree. We haven't really seen enough of Prosise to judge exactly what we have with him. Yes, he showed real promise in the limited role he was able to play last season, but 30 carries and less than 50 total touches is not enough to show he's better than Rawls (when healthy) at everything.

Now, I will concede that Prosise is the better receiving back (which is why he was brought in), but it's not like it could be cut and dry that he's the better runner. In 14 career games with 10 or more carries, Rawls has been magnificent (250-1241-7, including 6 100 yard games) with a 5.0 ypc, and that's even with how bad the OL was last year.

Personally, I like them both - but it's not like Prosise was a lights out runner last year (he's one big run against Philly away from having a similar ypc as Rawls' last year). When both are completely healthy, I like the 1-2 punch they could potentially be, but still lean Rawls right now.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon will fall pretty far i think, possibly to our late 3rd picks. Its a deep RB class and the guys without issues will be taken first.

Even if he isnt there bottom round 3, theres a good chance another good back will be.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that some mocks have Seattle taking McCaffrey in the first. Seems like a bad idea.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that some mocks have Seattle taking McCaffrey in the first. Seems like a bad idea.
Why McCaffery set all kinds or records, most versatile player in 2015... at 26 is about right for him. However, Seattle has bigger needs.But it's not like he's not a 1st round talent to a 3 down RB needy team. He'd be a great RB in the NE offense just not sure NE needs him this year. I see NE going for a bigger back later in the draft to replace Blount eventually.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. We haven't really seen enough of Prosise to judge exactly what we have with him. Yes, he showed real promise in the limited role he was able to play last season, but 30 carries and less than 50 total touches is not enough to show he's better than Rawls (when healthy) at everything.

Now, I will concede that Prosise is the better receiving back (which is why he was brought in), but it's not like it could be cut and dry that he's the better runner. In 14 career games with 10 or more carries, Rawls has been magnificent (250-1241-7, including 6 100 yard games) with a 5.0 ypc, and that's even with how bad the OL was last year.

Personally, I like them both - but it's not like Prosise was a lights out runner last year (he's one big run against Philly away from having a similar ypc as Rawls' last year). When both are completely healthy, I like the 1-2 punch they could potentially be, but still lean Rawls right now.

It's like your reading my mind, very much agree with your post.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like McCaffrey, and would love to have him, but it would seem to be a Christine Michael pick again, and this time we have bigger needs. He'd be perfect if Prosise and Rawls end up not being able to stay healthy - but the backfield would be crowded if all three are healthy and vying for touches.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like McCaffrey, and would love to have him, but it would seem to be a Christine Michael pick again, and this time we have bigger needs. He'd be perfect if Prosise and Rawls end up not being able to stay healthy - but the backfield would be crowded if all three are healthy and vying for touches.

I see McCaffrey ending up as another pass catching scat back, if the Seahawks were to spurge on another RB, I rather see one that be a power back.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see McCaffrey ending up as another pass catching scat back, if the Seahawks were to spurge on another RB, I rather see one that be a power back.

Agreed. There's a much better chances he's Darren Sproles than Ladanian Tomlinson. I just like him - I don't think we should pick him.