• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BAMA Recruiting

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star Rivals250 CB Maurice Smith committed to the Tide.

Link

This was a great pick up. Hard to pull the kids out of Texas that have an offer from UT and OU. ESPN has him rated a lot higher than 247, but the kid had over 20 offers from the top schools in the country.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia QB commits to Tide

Alabama added its sixteenth member of the class of 2013 on Friday afternoon with Marietta (Ga.) Walton quarterback Parker McLeod committing to the Crimson Tide. The 6-foot-3, 190-pounder pulled the trigger after speaking with Nick Saban a few days after throwing at Alabama’s prospect camp.

McLeod threw for 18 touchdowns and 4 interceptions as a junior at Walton.

“There wasn’t really anything specific- it was just everything about Alabama. I just fell in love with it when I went over there. It was the perfect fit for me all around,” said McLeod

“When I went to camp, I just thought that it would be the place for me. All I needed was for Coach Saban to give me the approval. I called them later in the week and he gave me the go ahead and I committed on the spot.”

The Peach State signal caller is both happy and relieved to put an end to his recruitment.

“It just feels awesome. It hasn’t sunk in yet, but I’m just so excited. It’s also a big relief off my shoulders to have this process over with. I’m really excited to be committed to Alabama.”

McLeod manages an efficient, high-powered pro-style offense at Walton and feels his experience operating in an offense similar to Alabama’s will pay dividends in at the next level.

“Definitely- I think it’s the ideal offense for me. It’s very similar to what we do at Walton, so I think I should be able to transition pretty well. They were already really high on me before camp- I think it was just more confirmation when I got there and performed like I did. I think Coach Saban wanted to see me throw. They said they liked everything about me- my accuracy, my footwork, my mechanics, and my consistency.”

McLeod is looking forward to continuing to play alongside his high school teammate and Alabama running back commit Tyren Jones, who joined the quarterback in Tuscaloosa earlier this week.

“I haven’t gotten a chance to talk to him about it yet. It’s going to be pretty fun to get together with a teammate and someone who I’m comfortable with and friends with and play together for another four years.”

The Metro Atlanta resident plans on enrolling early at Alabama and will not take any other visits while turning his focus to his Walton squad that reached the GHSAA Class AAAAA state championship last season.

“Yes, I am going to enroll early. I’m working on the academic side right now and that’s ongoing, but right now I’m planning to enroll early. I’m not taking any other visits.

“We’re going to be doing a lot of workouts with the team- we’re all focused on the team now and just trying to get back to the state championship.”

McLeod had offers from the likes of Oklahoma State, Boston College, East Carolina, Maryland, Louisville, Syracuse, and UCF. He is Alabama's second quarterback commitment, joining Cooper Bateman of Salt Lake City.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO OT is number 17 for Tide

BAMA landed their 17th committment for 2013 class w/ JUCO OT Leon Brown from Brooklyn, NY ASA College. The 6'6", 310 pounder was recruited by Jeff Stoutland in the Spring.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Henry had a great visit to the Capstone this past weekend. BAMA is making a big push for him. Wouldn't surprise me if he flipped from UGA to BAMA before its all over with.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Henry had a great visit to the Capstone this past weekend. BAMA is making a big push for him. Wouldn't surprise me if he flipped from UGA to BAMA before its all over with.

All over the news now that Henry visited Tuscaloosa on an unoffical visit & loved the place.... I don't blame him...:welcome:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
575213_10150943349014583_648903129_n.jpg

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All over the news now that Henry visited Tuscaloosa on an unoffical visit & loved the place.... I don't blame him...:welcome:

Henry officially decommitted from UGA today. Though no decision is expected immeadiately, this kid is in love w/ BAMA and will no doubt be in T-town next season...RTR

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAMA lands 18th committment for 2013

For the 1st time ever, Saban made a scholarship offer to a long-snapper last week. Days after recieving that offer, Cole Mazza from Bakersfield, CA has became the 18th committment for the Crimson Tide's 2013 signing class. Mazza is considered the best long-snapper in the nation and was previously committed to UCLA.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Alabama's top remaining defensive targets - five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas and four-star defensive end Demarcus Walker - just completed a highly successful stint at Nike's The Opening prospect event.

Besides being elite athletes, both prospects share something else in common: They both have Alabama on or near the top.

"Alabama is still my leader but I also like FSU, Georgia, Miami and USC," said Thomas who has impressed this week with his coverage skills. "Alabama is a national program and they develop linebackers and get you ready for the next level. Coach Stoutland is recruiting me for Alabama. They’re talking to me about Jack linebacker.

“Florida State would be number two. I’m supposed to be going to Florida State’s camp this month. I’m going to that one and then going to Alabama’s camp late this month or in August. I haven’t been to Florida State or Alabama before. I’m just looking forward to seeing what really goes on at each school and not the fake stuff. Distance isn’t really a factor. It’s going to be wherever I feel the most comfortable and then I’ll adapt to it and play ball. I’m going to take all of my officials and whenever I feel comfortable, I’ll make my decision. If not, I’ll lean towards doing it on signing day."

Walker is keeping his favorites a but more guarded currently, but Alabama has been in the physical defenders top three for weeks.

“I might still decide in August or I might not. It depends on how I feel," said Walker. "I’m just going to see if I’m ready. Everybody’s neutral now. I’m looking at great academics and trust with the coaches in a school.

“I’m going to visit Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and LSU. I think I’m going back to Alabama during their camp this month. With Alabama, It’s just that program. It speaks for itself. They’re putting players in the NFL and winning championships. I visited Florida last week and it went real good. I sat down one-on-one with Coach (Will) Muschamp and Coach (Dan) Quinn. At a point in time I couldn’t trust them and after that visit, I feel like I trust them. All of the Gator commits have been talking to me this week. All those Jacksonville guys, we always stick together."

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nation's top rated WR ti visit BAMA again

It’s looking like Alabama may soon have the nation’s top receiver in five-star Robert Foster back on campus.

Sometime during the weekend of July 26-28, Foster is aiming for another trip to Tuscaloosa as he’ll only be 45 minutes away at the prestigious Hoover High 7-on-7 national tournament with his Monaca (Pa.) Central Valley teammates.

“There’s a good chance,” Central Valley coach Mark Lyons said. Foster last visited Alabama for the spring game. “We have all the intentions to take him over.”

A month ago, the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Foster named a top seven of Alabama, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Oregon, Pittsburgh and USC. At this point in the recruiting process, it looks like the Crimson Tide and Panthers have the advantage, with Foster planning to take all five of his official visits before deciding.

According to Lyons, Foster also visited Pittsburgh a couple times during the spring, and his pending trip to Alabama is the only potential summer visit in mind.

“He’s probably not going to do anything the rest of the summer,” Lyons added.

The nation’s No. 11 prospect overall, Foster caught 37 passes for 584 yards and five touchdowns last fall, including a long of 99. He rushed another 36 times for 419 yards and two scores, including a long of 55. From his safety spot, Foster registered 57 tackles, four interceptions, three pass breakups and a forced fumble.

Foster will cap his prep career as an Under Armour All-American. He also has offers from the likes of Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia and UCLA.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama lands Robert Foster, Dee Liner, Laremy Tunsil, and Von Bell from that list.

I think Reuben Foster goes to UGA, and Robert N to Ole Miss.