• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama offered corvette to Pat White

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the way its always been, nothing new or surprising.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the way its always been, nothing new or surprising.

Yeah, too bad he didnt want to go to Penn State, they offered rubbers and a reach around.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still crying Jerry didn't pick you?

Yeah, thats it.:L That all you got, mine was way better.:lol:

Lets think about this cost effective wise. 3 star player for a corvette. Making deals like that would bankrupt a program in no time, especially since he hasnt panned out as much of anything in his career at any position. Bama talent scouts way better than that. This is the delusional rantings of someone needing 15 mre minutes of fame and no proof of anything.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Toilet Bowl. I'm going with Sparky Woods.

“I didn’t recruit Pat, but I remember he wanted to be a quarterback,” former Alabama recruiting coordinator Sparky Woods recently said. Woods is now the head coach at Virginia Military Institute. “I remember a discussion that we weren’t going to recruit him as a quarterback. That was kind of a closed book on him pretty early because he wanted to be a quarterback.”

White’s profile in the Rivals.com database from his recruitment out of high school listed the three-star prospect as an athlete, rated No. 55 in the country in that category.

According to the recruiting profile, Alabama did not offer White. Offers within the profile, however, were listed from West Virginia, Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.

“I don’t think he ever took an official visit that I remember,” Woods said. “I never met him. I saw him play and he was a good athlete, but I don’t think he ever took a trip to Tuscaloosa or ever was in camp that I recall.”

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets think about this cost effective wise. 3 star player for a corvette. Making deals like that would bankrupt a program in no time, especially since he hasnt panned out as much of anything in his career at any position. Bama talent scouts way better than that. This is the delusional rantings of someone needing 15 mre minutes of fame and no proof of anything.

You could also say its a little more then 15 minutes of fame. Heck he used more then that spanking the SEC champ the first two quarters in the Sugar Bowl. While his professional career hasn't panned out, his college career was more then sufficient. N considering this is a college board, maybe we could stick to that. :whistle:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at how much Auburn paid for a guy who was kicked out of Florida (really think about how bad you have to be to get kicked out of Florida) and was a JuCo player.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't even offer him a scholarship. So why would we offer him a corvette if we didn't offer him a scholarship. Pat White = LIAR. Plus he was a 3 star we save corvettes for our 5 stars. :nod:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also say its a little more then 15 minutes of fame. Heck he used more then that spanking the SEC champ the first two quarters in the Sugar Bowl. While his professional career hasn't panned out, his college career was more then sufficient. N considering this is a college board, maybe we could stick to that. :whistle:

For WVU and by their standards, but he would have had to go against John Parker Wilson at Bama as a QB and probably would never have made a starting spot. Poin ti made was sufficient, he has no proof and this is all just his word versus really no ones back as they dont even let him register on their scales. Its a baseless accusation and really should be beneath him. What does he stand to gain except 15 minutes more while he is wasting away in Canada playing "less than" pro ball? Exactly, nothing but 15 more minutes.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For WVU and by their standards, but he would have had to go against John Parker Wilson at Bama as a QB and probably would never have made a starting spot. Poin ti made was sufficient, he has no proof and this is all just his word versus really no ones back as they dont even let him register on their scales. Its a baseless accusation and really should be beneath him. What does he stand to gain except 15 minutes more while he is wasting away in Canada playing "less than" pro ball? Exactly, nothing but 15 more minutes.

Truth is we have 0 idea. Not much of a reason for him lie. Coach has a reason to lie, but that isn't how that stuff works. Boosters make promises. They don't call the coaches and tell them. I think it is rare that a coach is actively involved in cheating. Many coaches probably know something is going, they just don't seek out that information. It was like 10-15 yrs ago, so who cares. Even if it happened it really isn't pertinent to the program today

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who??? Obviously he must be tearing it up in the pro's right now since he is so much better than White.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YddUB5m.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound to me like he's a ford man too :suds:

SHould have rolled Mustang GT 40th!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude went 38-8 in his 3 plus years as starting QB. The program went 42-9 in his time here. Dude won 4 straight bowl games. (2 BCS) Let's not act like that's awful.

However I do agree, in Mike Shula and Sabans system, no way Pat White starts over JPW. However no way JPW starts in rich rods system. Pat White was a perfect match for Rich Rods system.

Yeah he's prolly lying, I don't disagree with that.