• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 3WAY TIE BREAK

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will resolve itself when OU gets a train run on them by Will Grier and David Sills.

lulz I think you are forgetting the freight liner Murray and Hollywood brown are going to run on us Friday

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start this off by saying OU is not a playoff worthy team this season. OUr only defense is outscoring OUr opponent. And yet, we have only lost one game by 3 pts. One game total, not just in conference.

Texas out played us in the RRSO. Texas has lost 3 games. The MD game was early and OOC, so won't worry about it. However, to lose back to back games in Conference makes one question if they are Conference champ material.

WV has looked good most the season. The loss today to OSU definitely made their journey more difficult. Two conf losses. A win next week would definitely give them hope.

ISU had their chance today. They lost to two of the three remaining contenders for the B12 CCG.

TX and ISU get a break next week. OU and WV have a tough one to finish the reg season. fuck if I have a clue what happens. If nothing else, shows how difficult it is in the B12 having to play everybody.

true points. In the end, whoever wins out and wins the CCG, they deserve to be conference champs.

I'm not even talking about the playoffs. IMO, to be a playoff team, you need to be complete team. There is always maybe one really should not be in the final four, but still. OU definitely has a playoff caliber offense. But the D knocks them out.

Texas is not a playoff team this year, but that's okay. Goal was to play for a CCG, and that is still a possibility.

WVU has a very good offense, the defense is average for the Big12, where you face top 10 nationally ranked offenses week after week. But I don't think they are playoff caliber this year either.

Just my opinion, dudes.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true points. In the end, whoever wins out and wins the CCG, they deserve to be conference champs.

I'm not even talking about the playoffs. IMO, to be a playoff team, you need to be complete team. There is always maybe one really should not be in the final four, but still. OU definitely has a playoff caliber offense. But the D knocks them out.

Texas is not a playoff team this year, but that's okay. Goal was to play for a CCG, and that is still a possibility.

WVU has a very good offense, the defense is average for the Big12, where you face top 10 nationally ranked offenses week after week. But I don't think they are playoff caliber this year either.

Just my opinion, dudes.

Can the B12 send an All-Conference team to the playoffs? Only way we'll be competitive in the CFP. As far as B12 champs, I guess its better than a poke in the eye. It's better than not being champ, but just leaves you unfulfilled. One of these years, the B12 is going to have to front a National Champ again if we expect to be taken seriously. In this century(2000's), we have two. That ain't gonna cut it!

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude c’mon Oklahoma shouldn’t be in the top10

An Oregon fan posting about OU is laughable at best. You would think with Mckights money could have bought them a natty by now.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 teams for the title game are simple...I think.

Texas beats Kansas they are in vs the winner of OU-WVU

If Texas loses to Kansas...WVU beats OU...then it is Texas
vs WVU.

If Texas loses to Kansas...OU beats WVU, then they play
a double-header.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vs WVU.

a double-header.

If Texas looses to Kansas they don’t deserve squat.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be but if they lose to Kansas and you lose to WVU,
they will be in the title game, based on H2H vs OU.
No. OU will have fewer conf losses than Texas.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will resolve itself when OU gets a train run on them by Will Grier and David Sills.
You conveniently omitted the train Kyler & Co will run on the WV defense.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vs WVU.

a double-header.

If Texas looses to Kansas they don’t deserve squat.

heard on the Longhorn postgame(tho he did not want to say it, because we all don't care in the case of Tex losing next week), that there is STILL a path to CCG if Texas loses. It was complicated, but it included ISU losing this week as well.

Don't even want to think about it, because don't care. What's the saying, I have zero fucks to give about that option

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the Longhorn postgame(tho he did not want to say it, because we all don't care in the case of Tex losing next week), that there is STILL a path to CCG if Texas loses. It was complicated, but it included ISU losing this week as well.

That is correct: there is a path for Texas even if they lose to Kansas. See the Full P5 Conference Championship Scenarios thread, which covers it.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in a simpler time....back in 2008, when there was a 3-way tie for first in the B12 South Division? OU, TT and UT all had 1 loss....OU to TX, TX to TT and TT to OU. OU ultimately got the nod because we were ranked the highest and in part due to our dismantling TT by 45 late in the season. Remember that UT booster paying to have a banner with the score of the RRSO game flown over the B12 CCG? OU demolished Mizzou by 41 in the CCG, then blew the NCG.

Good times :drink:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in a simpler time....back in 2008, when there was a 3-way tie for first in the B12 South Division? OU, TT and UT all had 1 loss....OU to TX, TX to TT and TT to OU. OU ultimately got the nod because we were ranked the highest and in part due to our dismantling TT by 45 late in the season. Remember that UT booster paying to have a banner with the score of the RRSO game flown over the B12 CCG? OU demolished Mizzou by 41 in the CCG, then blew the NCG.

Good times :drink:

Longhorns have claimed the 2008 Big 12 title -- with an asterisk :dhd:

big12champs.jpg