• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 3: Infinity War (2018)

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am currently sitting in the theater waiting for the after credits scene.

Holy shit. That was fucking nuts. Go see it

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread, but anyone else notice the

RED WEDDING

parallels?

Hey Marvel audiences, you've just been GRRM'ed.

I made the same joke when it happened. Well maybe a day later because when Thanos said you should have hit me in the head I just went numb. I knew it was gonna happen but wasn't prepared for it. Avengers 4 will reset it but son of a bitch that was epic

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta question semi related to the movie but the larger 'verse itself

So it was long speculated that the source of Wakanda's mystical powers (like the ability to go to the astral plane) was because the soul stone was there. That obviously isn't the case now that Infinity War showed you where it was and how to get it. What will be the reason now? Is it really just they have shit tons of vibranium for the meteor? [/spoilers]

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta question semi related to the movie but the larger 'verse itself

So it was long speculated that the source of Wakanda's mystical powers (like the ability to go to the astral plane) was because the soul stone was there. That obviously isn't the case now that Infinity War showed you where it was and how to get it. What will be the reason now? Is it really just they have shit tons of vibranium for the meteor? [/spoilers]

( Not putting answer in spoiler tags because I don't really think it is a Infinity War spoiler, but just general background information: )

In the comics, the mystical aspects of Wakanda are because of the combination of the vibranium and Bast, the Panther God.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how much of a tool they made Star Lord. Every time they need something stupid to happen its because 'Love' and you see that cliche plot device multiple times in a movie and it turns to crap.

The actual fight with the Aliens on Wakanda where Proxima Midnight, Big dude and Sneaky dude attacked with the alien swarm was dumb as hell. They had a bottleneck and ranged weapons. They dont need to Braveheart in there like idiots. They could just sat in a defensive position and wiped out all of the enemies at the entry point.

But seriously....Star Lord knocking off Mantis is epically stupid. Actually making it like the comics held the movie back. We didn't need another movie. They could've wrapped it up. The fight with Iron Man, Dr Strange, Thanos, Star Lord, Mantis and Drax was fantastic. There won't be a better way to end it. Nebula? GTFO. Captain Marvel? I get that Superwoman has lots of fans and is too big to leave out but there isnt a way thats going to be better. Adam Warlock could be cool.

I get why the critics are pretty split on this. I'm fairly geeky and I'm split on it.

I know what you mean. Two things annoyed me as well and maybe someone can correct me in case I missed something. The first was the first fight between the Big Axe Guy and Dr. Strange and Iron Man. They cut the guys arm off by closing the portal on it... so why didn't they continuously do that to take out these villians nevermind the obvious, relatable nature of say... cutting off the arm of thanos that has the gauntlet. Secondly, once Iron man and Strange take over the ship they are on, I specifically recall Strange asking Iron man to fly the ship back to Earth... where is his sling ring? He can literally create a portal to take them back. Glaringly obvious holes like that annoy me.

Yes, the writers try to force the audience to place the brunt of the blame on Star Lord which is annoying, that situation didn't feel organic to me... too obvious and too ridiculous given the context of the situation for someone to make such a ridiculous mistake.

I am curious how this Ms. Marvel thing is going to factor in and the hows/whys it will matter/change things.

Also, so we saw the gauntlet look busted up at the end, then in the next scene Thanos no longer has the gauntlet and the infinity stones aren't present. So is this like wishing with the dragonballs type of situation? Are the infinity stones scattered across the universe again or something? I mean, the time stone is the only thing that can fix this, essentially, right?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean. Two things annoyed me as well and maybe someone can correct me in case I missed something. The first was the first fight between the Big Axe Guy and Dr. Strange and Iron Man. They cut the guys arm off by closing the portal on it... so why didn't they continuously do that to take out these villians nevermind the obvious, relatable nature of say... cutting off the arm of thanos that has the gauntlet. Secondly, once Iron man and Strange take over the ship they are on, I specifically recall Strange asking Iron man to fly the ship back to Earth... where is his sling ring? He can literally create a portal to take them back. Glaringly obvious holes like that annoy me.

Yes, the writers try to force the audience to place the brunt of the blame on Star Lord which is annoying, that situation didn't feel organic to me... too obvious and too ridiculous given the context of the situation for someone to make such a ridiculous mistake.

I am curious how this Ms. Marvel thing is going to factor in and the hows/whys it will matter/change things.

Also, so we saw the gauntlet look busted up at the end, then in the next scene Thanos no longer has the gauntlet and the infinity stones aren't present. So is this like wishing with the dragonballs type of situation? Are the infinity stones scattered across the universe again or something? I mean, the time stone is the only thing that can fix this, essentially, right?
The Dragonball reference is on point. Once you get rid of the moral trappings of myth and sci-fi then we're in 'Space Magic' territory. Infinity Wars is a lot like DragonBallZ specifically the Ginyu Force/Freeza saga. Its cleaned up for an American Audience but Infinity Wars is full-blown Anime Comic. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Outlaw Star, Bleach. Same stuff. Inuyasha, Hellsing, Trigun, Gundam...not too far off.

I feel like most of the plot holes can be fixed by 'Dr Strange wanted it to happen this way' which I think explains everything up until StarLord screws everything up. I think the actual events of the movie involve one of the 4 million bad endings and IIRC Dr Strange can't see anything after he dies (based on events in his own movie) but he knows he'll die. By giving the Time Stone to Thanos, he saves Tony Stark. Thats why he does it. Maybe he saves a couple of other heroes too but he obviously saves Iron Man's life and maybe Nebula's and Rocket Raccoons.

Ms Marvel is a major Marvel hero. With Thor, Nebula and Warlock around there should be enough to deal with Thanos. Gamora might also not be dead (speculation since I haven't read the comic) as she was just a 'sacrifice' to the Soul Stone which I believe is a stone that just creates another world which is why you see him talking to her in child form later on in the movie.

I don't know enough about the stones getting 'busted up' but there could be some epic level Marvel reasons for that happening. Or its possible that Thanos did the one thing he wanted to do and then broke it. No idea.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Gauntlet and Stones both remain in Thanos's possession, and the Stones are fine. Immediately after the Snap, Thanos has the afterlife vision of child Gamora. That scene is what is causing the confusion: in the afterlife vision, he has no Gauntlet on his hand.

However, after the child Gamora vision ends, Thanos has the Gauntlet again. The glove part of the Gauntlet is busted up, but if you look carefully, you can see that the Stones are still intact in the Gauntlet. Then Thanos teleports away, and in the final scene where he walks through the tunnel to go watch the sunset, while he's walking, you can see that the Gauntlet is still on his hand.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gauntlet and Stones both remain in Thanos's possession, and the Stones are fine. Immediately after the Snap, Thanos has the afterlife vision of child Gamora. That scene is what is causing the confusion: in the afterlife vision, he has no Gauntlet on his hand.

However, after the child Gamora vision ends, Thanos has the Gauntlet again. The glove part of the Gauntlet is busted up, but if you look carefully, you can see that the Stones are still intact in the Gauntlet. Then Thanos teleports away, and in the final scene where he walks through the tunnel to go watch the sunset, while he's walking, you can see that the Gauntlet is still on his hand.

Bolded part... no. Both of his hands are empty. No gauntlet and no stones.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm going to upgrade the movie from a C+ to a B after thinking about it.

I think I'm just personally averse to cliffhangers in movies. Its something I like seeing more in TV shows.

The scene where Iron Man and Dr Strange leave Strange's building into the city streets to fight the unknown threat that eventually reveals itself to be Ebony Maw and the big guy is a really well done scene. The Thanos fight was also well done until the Star Lord thing. It was also genuinely fun to see banter between some of the characters that never previously met. I don't think Thanos is in the top tier of movie villains. His motivation still seems pretty cookie cutter but I do think the Infinity Stones are in the top tier of movie villain weapons

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolded part... no. Both of his hands are empty. No gauntlet and no stones.

I already went to see the movie three times (I really, really like this movie :) ), and you're wrong.

Both his hands are empty in the afterlife vision.

But once Thanos leaves the vision, he 100% has the Gauntlet and Stones afterwards, both in the scene where Thor is asking him "What did you do?" AND in the sunset scene after teleporting away.

In case you don't believe me on my word alone, I just downloaded a camrip off the Internet just to take screenshots to prove it.

First, after the Snap, after the vision, here is Thor staring at the busted-up gauntlet on Thanos's hand with the Stones still intact:

Gauntlet1.jpg

Finally, here is Thanos walking up to go watch the sunset, with the Gauntlet still on his left hand:

Gauntlet2.jpg

Last edited:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Infinity War has taken the all-time worldwide and domestic opening weekend records! The Force Awakens falls!

:suds: :yahoo:

Last edited:

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha, guess we must have been browsing the same news websites, we posted at almost the same time. :suds:

Yep.

It's an impressive haul and it doesn't even include China. Considering how good the movie is, 2B Global is a strong possibility.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

It's an impressive haul and it doesn't even include China. Considering how good the movie is, 2B Global is a strong possibility.

It is just dominating everywhere!

nr7z0cio9wu01.png

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already went to see the movie three times (I really, really like this movie :) ), and you're wrong.

Both his hands are empty in the afterlife vision.

But once Thanos leaves the vision, he 100% has the Gauntlet and Stones afterwards, both in the scene where Thor is asking him "What did you do?" AND in the sunset scene after teleporting away.

In case you don't believe me on my word alone, I just downloaded a camrip off the Internet just to take screenshots to prove it.

First, after the Snap, after the vision, here is Thor staring at the busted-up gauntlet on Thanos's hand with the Stones still intact:

View attachment 178478

Finally, here is Thanos walking up to go watch the sunset, with the Gauntlet still on his left hand:

View attachment 178479

I agree with everything, the only exception was that I could have sworn when he sat down on his farm at the end the gauntlet was not there and that took place after the vision, after the Thor scene, etc... but fair enough, I will digress until I see it again.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything, the only exception was that I could have sworn when he sat down on his farm at the end the gauntlet was not there and that took place after the vision, after the Thor scene, etc... but fair enough, I will digress until I see it again.

I thought the samething, but then the pic @BusSport shows, has it on there. But I am almost sure that when he sits down, its not on his hands..

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the samething, but then the pic @BusSport shows, has it on there. But I am almost sure that when he sits down, its not on his hands..

The reason for the confusion is the camera angles used and the lighting. The camera starts out behind Thanos, but the Gauntlet, as you can see in the screenshot I posted, can be somewhat harder to see for two reasons: it is at the far left of the screen, and it is in the shadows, which is a problem that gets exacerbated in some theaters depending on the film projection technology used because many projectors get even darker toward screen edges.

Then, as Thanos starts to sit down, the camera spirals around his RIGHT arm (the arm WITHOUT the Gauntlet), meaning that his torso is blocking the LEFT arm (WITH the Gauntlet), which is why you guys saw an empty arm.

Finally, the camera, as it finishes its rotation to a frontal view, stays at the same former standing vertical height as Thanos sits, so now you can only see his head and shoulders, not his hands. At that point, his shoulders are bare of his armor, which might have given the wrong impression that he doesn't have anything further below on his arms.

Last edited: