• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 3: Infinity War (2018)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the 10 pm showing. I think I now have a favorite Marvel movie. I'm sure I missed a lot so I definitely want to go back and see if I can catch some more things. Although, I wish that they reversed the release dates for this and for the Ant Man and Wasp
since this takes place afterwards it looks like.

Hawkeye

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the 10 pm showing. I think I now have a favorite Marvel movie. I'm sure I missed a lot so I definitely want to go back and see if I can catch some more things. Although, I wish that they reversed the release dates for this and for the Ant Man and Wasp
since this takes place afterwards it looks like.

Hawkeye
I am guessing the Antman and Wasp will take place between New York and Wakanda.

We already know Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel does the improbable yet again and makes it look easy. What a contrast between this and the Justice League.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel does the improbable yet again and makes it look easy. What a contrast between this and the Justice League.
Infinity War blew Justice League out of the water. DC definitely needs better structure with their universe.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infinity War blew Justice League out of the water. DC definitely needs better structure with their universe.

Marvel absolutely kills it in movies compared to DC, however I think DC has the television game on lockdown and blows Marvel out of the water when it comes to tv.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel absolutely kills it in movies compared to DC, however I think DC has the television game on lockdown and blows Marvel out of the water when it comes to tv.
Arrow
Flash
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning (maybe)

Vs...

Gotham

Vs...

Krypton

Vs...

SHIELD
Inhumans
Defenders
Runaways
Cloak & Dagger

Vs...

Legion
Gifted

Vs...

Lucifer

Vs...

iZombie

Vs...

Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead

Vs...

Preacher

Am I missing any?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tv AND video games actually...

i'm a bit of a gamer and play DC Universe Online...

Marvel also had an online MMO and it sucked in a major way...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrow
Flash
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning (maybe)

Vs...

Gotham

Vs...

Krypton

Vs...

SHIELD
Inhumans
Defenders
Runaways
Cloak & Dagger

Vs...

Legion
Gifted

Vs...

Lucifer

Vs...

iZombie

Vs...

Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead

Vs...

Preacher

Am I missing any?
Thats a ton of shit I haven't watched.

You missed the other Netflix ones unless you're lumping them into Defenders.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a ton of shit I haven't watched.

You missed the other Netflix ones unless you're lumping them into Defenders.
I had all of them individually, but they all flow together, so I merged them instead.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had all of them individually, but they all flow together, so I merged them instead.

Daredevil is worthy of its own mention. I think I like that one more than the combined Defenders because Iron Fist annoys the hell out of me.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrow = Crap
Flash = Crap
Supergirl = Crap
Legends of Tomorrow = Crap
Black Lightning (maybe) = Meh

Vs...

Gotham = Meh

Vs...

Krypton = Good

Vs...

SHIELD = Didn't care for it
Inhumans = Meh
Defenders
Runaways
Cloak & Dagger

Vs...

Legion = Acid trip.
Gifted = I really like

Vs...

Lucifer = Crap

Vs...

iZombie = I tried and bailed.

Vs...

Walking Dead = Good but not as good as it use to be.
Fear the Walking Dead

Vs...

Preacher = I bailed during season 2.

Am I missing any? :noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrow = Crap
Flash = Crap
Supergirl = Crap
Legends of Tomorrow = Crap
Black Lightning (maybe) = Meh

Vs...

Gotham = Meh

Vs...

Krypton = Good

Vs...

SHIELD = Didn't care for it
Inhumans = Meh
Defenders
Runaways
Cloak & Dagger

Vs...

Legion = Acid trip.
Gifted = I really like

Vs...

Lucifer = Crap

Vs...

iZombie = I tried and bailed.

Vs...

Walking Dead = Good but not as good as it use to be.
Fear the Walking Dead

Vs...

Preacher = I bailed during season 2.

Am I missing any? :noidea:
So that’s one vote for X-verse...

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with a new season of Luke Cage coming out in the next month or so, how can they not have the entire show dealing with the events of this movie?

And same with SHIELD. They dropped a quick “have you seen the news? What is happening in New York?”, so maybe the rest of the season takes place between New York and Wakanda?

Don't forget, the Infinity War release date was originally tomorrow, May 3rd, not April 27th. Of course AoS won't have much in last Friday's episode!

Also, if y'all "didn't care" for AoS, you probably watched, what, half of season 1? It's improved EXPONENTIALLY and the past couple seasons are some of the best tv I've seen in the past two years. Seasons 1-4 are on Netflix, and most of S5 is still on Hulu (I think there's two or three episodes left to air?) although S5 is a pretty detail-heavy one and missing episodes is a poor idea.

Now, I've never read the comic books, nor do I intend to, but I've watched all the movies, and although I think IW was a good movie, I definitely walked out feeling stunned. And when one of my friends posted, "Raise your hand if you feel personally victimized by Thanos" on facebook, it got a thumbs up from me.

Yeah, we know a lot of deaths (all the snap deaths?) will be reversed...but I don't have a problem with that, because we KNEW this was a Part 1 of 2 movie.

I wasn't upset by Quill's behavior either because it fits his pattern PERFECTLY. He did to Thanos exactly what he did to his father. Quill has the world's most serious abandonment issues, and you couple that with the guilt he must be feeling about not killing Gamora the second she asked him to, causing Thanos to capture her safely and then kill her to get the Soul Stone and destroy the universe? Yep, I 100% see him hauling off and punching Thanos despite the fact that it's stupid AF.

What really gut-punched me was Peter Parker's Spidey senses telling him he was about to die so that his death felt a lot more drawn out than the others, who had no idea what was happening. Tom Holland fucking nailed "scared kid reaching out to dad" in that last scene.

That, and Wanda's expression of relief as she dissolved, just having just killed her lover, have Thanos revive him in front of her, and then kill him again, brutally. That hurt.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget, the Infinity War release date was originally tomorrow, May 3rd, not April 27th. Of course AoS won't have much in last Friday's episode!

Also, if y'all "didn't care" for AoS, you probably watched, what, half of season 1? It's improved EXPONENTIALLY and the past couple seasons are some of the best tv I've seen in the past two years. Seasons 1-4 are on Netflix, and most of S5 is still on Hulu (I think there's two or three episodes left to air?) although S5 is a pretty detail-heavy one and missing episodes is a poor idea.

Now, I've never read the comic books, nor do I intend to, but I've watched all the movies, and although I think IW was a good movie, I definitely walked out feeling stunned. And when one of my friends posted, "Raise your hand if you feel personally victimized by Thanos" on facebook, it got a thumbs up from me.

Yeah, we know a lot of deaths (all the snap deaths?) will be reversed...but I don't have a problem with that, because we KNEW this was a Part 1 of 2 movie.

I wasn't upset by Quill's behavior either because it fits his pattern PERFECTLY. He did to Thanos exactly what he did to his father. Quill has the world's most serious abandonment issues, and you couple that with the guilt he must be feeling about not killing Gamora the second she asked him to, causing Thanos to capture her safely and then kill her to get the Soul Stone and destroy the universe? Yep, I 100% see him hauling off and punching Thanos despite the fact that it's stupid AF.

What really gut-punched me was Peter Parker's Spidey senses telling him he was about to die so that his death felt a lot more drawn out than the others, who had no idea what was happening. Tom Holland fucking nailed "scared kid reaching out to dad" in that last scene.

That, and Wanda's expression of relief as she dissolved, just having just killed her lover, have Thanos revive him in front of her, and then kill him again, brutally. That hurt.

You are correct, I stopped watching AoS about halfway through Season 1. It was not good. Maybe I'll pick it up again and see if it improved.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, with that and the animated movies that they do as well.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, I stopped watching AoS about halfway through Season 1. It was not good. Maybe I'll pick it up again and see if it improved.

You really, really should. It's also important to watch all of season 1 before moving forward to season 2 because there's SO many "loose ends" that are being tied up in this season (they thought they were being canceled, although it's looking like we're getting the green light for one more season just now) and a lot of them have roots in season 1.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
infinity-war-memes-30-photos-9.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Flash, Super Girl, Arrow, etc are better then Dare Devil, Punisher, Jessica Jones, etc? I think Marvel blows those out of the water to.