• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta Falcons cap space: $5,231,544

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of June 4th this is our cap space. Is there any one or more players you would sign with the cap space that is left?

It looks like Julio is on track to be back by the beginning of the season. He might be ready for training camp too.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I'm not sure who we could sign. I would love for us to get another offensive linemen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Update

He has been at OTAs but not practicing...camp is still 3+ weeks away, but I think they will be taking it slow with Jones early on.

I'm still concerned about FS, TE, and DE....FA wise I don't expect them to do much until they see the fall out from other camps.

FS...looks like the rookie Southward will get a shot.

Lowery's Experience Key At Free Safety

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been at OTAs but not practicing...camp is still 3+ weeks away, but I think they will be taking it slow with Jones early on.

I'm still concerned about FS, TE, and DE....FA wise I don't expect them to do much until they see the fall out from other camps.

FS...looks like the rookie Southward will get a shot.

Lowery's Experience Key At Free Safety

During the draft I got the vibe that Southward was probably going to be learning for a year or two from the bench anyways.

» Over the Cap- 2014 NFL Free Agent Tight Ends

I wouldn't mind taking a look at how much Dallas Clark has left in the tank. It would make Toilolo look like a good change of pace when he sees time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the draft I got the vibe that Southward was probably going to be learning for a year or two from the bench anyways.

» Over the Cap- 2014 NFL Free Agent Tight Ends

I wouldn't mind taking a look at how much Dallas Clark has left in the tank. It would make Toilolo look like a good change of pace when he sees time.

Julio update...in line with the local media's thinking...he might play a bit in preseason but don't expect much.

Julio Jones targeting Week 1 for Atlanta Falcons return - NFL.com.

TE...yeah, I thinking they might look at a vet later...Clark would be a good one...Toilolo imo is going to factor more than people think in the RZ. Hopefully he's improved his blocking enough to be on the field more.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a linebacker to replace Weatherspoon?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a linebacker to replace Weatherspoon?

I think Vilma would be a good pick up considering what is available. Fletcher would be nice but he'd put us over the cap. There is always the option of Steward Bradley, Will Herring, Nick Barnett, or Paris Lenon but I don't know how productive they would be.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuck with Baker's contract now, so it's not going to happen. PIT can't afford this guy...would I'd like to see ATL get him.

Michael Roos

Spoon replacement...Vilma has been here along with Barnett I think...so far no one signed...players probably wanting too much so they will wait it out a little longer. Strange they would trade a LB (Dent) of all positions for a QB (Yates) which I think was a good move.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuck with Baker's contract now, so it's not going to happen. PIT can't afford this guy...would I'd like to see ATL get him.

Michael Roos

Spoon replacement...Vilma has been here along with Barnett I think...so far no one signed...players probably wanting too much so they will wait it out a little longer. Strange they would trade a LB (Dent) of all positions for a QB (Yates) which I think was a good move.

I liked Dent when he played for the Dawgs but he seemed to struggle in the NFL. I think it's a good trade too since I think Yates is a very solid backup but my first reaction was "are you kidding me, the best linebacker goes down and your next move is to trade one of the backups?"

Maybe the Falcons have a card up their sleeve with Brian Banks? Who knows...it would be pretty cool to see him finally make it in the league after getting a chance to be NFL ready physically.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Dent when he played for the Dawgs but he seemed to struggle in the NFL. I think it's a good trade too since I think Yates is a very solid backup but my first reaction was "are you kidding me, the best linebacker goes down and your next move is to trade one of the backups?"

Maybe the Falcons have a card up their sleeve with Brian Banks? Who knows...it would be pretty cool to see him finally make it in the league after getting a chance to be NFL ready physically.

Yep...Dent was decent after he got his feet under him, but not starter material...Bartu and Worrilow they like a lot and some people think draft picks Shembo and Smallwood will see time on the DEF, especially now with Spoon gone again....I for one don't think it will hurt as much this time...Spoon is a good LB, not a great one...the thing is he's a big vocal leader...that might be missed....lot of quiet types on the team.

FWIW Ourlads is showing the depth chart as a 3-4 config with Biermann, Worrilow, Bartu and Massaquoi as the 1st team LBs...strange...but Biermann is a solid choice as an OLB vs a DE...doubtful it will play out as such...training camp is only 20 minutes from my home...if I'm not playing golf on one of these Sat. I may head up there to get a glimpse.