• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At some point maybe you have to feel a little embarrassed for Denver

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha it really is. It sucks that often the very knowledgeable in sports do not seem to be the most heard. It is the crazy fanatic that gets everyone's attention. I have about 6-7 Bronco writers that I love to follow because they actually talk football. They actually know how to break down plays and view them beyond just the casual fans perspective. They actually make me have to think about the game and how it is played and just the complexity of making a single play work. Unfortunately those writers do not get heard by the masses and instead we get stuck with guys like Kiszla. Heck he even used to be decent when he first started out but I think he figured out quickly that if he wanted his articles read they had to have controversy in them. I also think the Denver Post higher ups have a bit to with that as they know controversy equals money.

Who are some Seattle writers that I should maybe be looking at that know what they are talking about?

Pretty much everyone at fieldgulls. Bevens is the only one I know by name. But they do great breakdowns and analysis, the comment sections are usually quite informative too.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sad of the Denver Post because the Broncos played a very great game it was a great game all around and they just ended up short but very close,hell it was in OT.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone at fieldgulls. Bevens is the only one I know by name. But they do great breakdowns and analysis, the comment sections are usually quite informative too.

Been over there a few times and like what I see. I would recommend Mile High Report (The Broncos Sports Nation site) but even they have gone downhill a bit over the last year or two. They still have a couple of great writers on the site that I love to read but about half the articles I won't even read anymore. The commenters there are also a bit sensitive. I think they have been trolled quite a bit on the site so it has made them just respond to any negative comment as a clear troll type comment. I rarely post there but every once in a while will chime in. If you ever go I would recommend only reading the article and only read the ones that actually have anything to do with actual football being played on the field. They seem to like to focus on a lot of the off the field issues.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb luck? Wow. I clearly watched a different game because there was nothing lucky about the final drive. Pretty easy way to not have the problem the Broncos did, play better defense.

You're lucky the rules changed when they did, at least you stood a fighting chance once Seattle got within FG range.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb luck? Wow. I clearly watched a different game because there was nothing lucky about the final drive. Pretty easy way to not have the problem the Broncos did, play better defense.

You're lucky the rules changed when they did, at least you stood a fighting chance once Seattle got within FG range.

He called it dumb luck because of the coin flip. Basically he was not impressed that the game as settled because of the coin flip that gave the Hawks the ball. Lol. Ironically Peyton was the one that called it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every town has at least one of those whiners. Both teams and fans respect each other and it showed in post game comments. Solid victory and don't be shocked if denver runs off 10 wins in a row too, they're that damn good.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been over there a few times and like what I see. I would recommend Mile High Report (The Broncos Sports Nation site) but even they have gone downhill a bit over the last year or two. They still have a couple of great writers on the site that I love to read but about half the articles I won't even read anymore. The commenters there are also a bit sensitive. I think they have been trolled quite a bit on the site so it has made them just respond to any negative comment as a clear troll type comment. I rarely post there but every once in a while will chime in. If you ever go I would recommend only reading the article and only read the ones that actually have anything to do with actual football being played on the field. They seem to like to focus on a lot of the off the field issues.

Sounds a bit like what ended up happening over at the old ESPN boards between the Seahawks posters and Niners posters. The trolling got so bad there that everybody who wanted to legitimately talk football eventually left, but before that happened, legit fans couldn't go to either board to just talk football without being banned (the Niners board) or being suspected of being a troll with a new screen name (the Hawks board). It got to a point of analyzing certain phrases and words to try to "catch" a troll in disguise. It just got really paranoid on both ends. If you ever needed proof of how quickly trolling can ruin a message board, that was it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw yesterday was an improved Denver D from last year, but still nowhere near our class. Meh running game. Everything is overly invested in the pass which makes them very predictable.

Great team but there are easily multiple NFC teams that would smack them around regularly.

Not so sure about that.... There are not to many places to play in the NFL that are tougher than the Clink and while I feel for most of the game we had control, Denver did buckle down on defense and caused us some issues in the 2nd half... Manning also looks good right now...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wanting to make sure you and other Hawks fans understand most Bronco fans and even most media people respect the heck out of the Hawks organization. I have a Denver Sports station that I listen to most days of the week and they were praising the Hawks all week. Most of them were hoping the Broncos would do just what they did in making sure to not get blown out again. Most expected a Broncos loss this week actually.

Again the Denver Post is just out of control. They realize they can't compete any longer with a lot of the better sports writers out there (not sure why as I would think they should attract the best writers in the area) so usually when people are lacking in ability to actually write something worth reading they go the opposite direction and make it something that nobody wants to read but have to because it is so ridiculous.

I think most Bronco fans and from what I have seen this week from Hawks fans there is a mutual respect about the opposing team. As the Broncos Moderator I want to say thank you guys for staying classy this week. Please don't let one sports writer or one media outlet ruin that. Most Bronco fans understand the OT rules are not why we lost that game. We had our chances but the Hawks made some big plays. I just hope these 2 teams get to meet one more time this season and we get the joy of watching another knock down drag out fight between our two teams.

Classy....

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get the hatred over the overtime rules.

Here are the scenarios based on the two types of OT rules.

NFL Rule
a) Coin flip determines who gets first possession
b) Seattle needs to score a TD to win the game
c) Denver needs to hold Seattle to a FG or less to see the field
d) Seattle scores TD
e) Denver loses

College Rule
b) Seattle scores TD
c) Denver gets ball and needs to score a TD to tie the game
d) Denver scores TD
e) Seattle gets next possession

And from this point on, it's the same as the NFL rule all over again, except now Seattle just needs a FG to win.

f) Seattle needs to score to win the game
g) Denver needs to keep Seattle from scoring
h) Seattle scores
e) Denver loses

NFL Rule just seems more efficient. Either way, after that first Seattle TD, then the Denver defense needs to make a stop to win the game. They didn't.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the body blows that these guys take.. I'm perfectly fine with the current amended NFL rules. Hell I was OK with the old rules as well.

This is just some sour grapes that's against the rules because it doesn't go their way. If you lose the coin toss, then stop the the opposing offense... it's that simple. Need to stop crying about NFL rules just because it doesn't go in your favor.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played clips from the Monday morning Denver sports radio this morning.

I died laughing. So much denial.

Including that this victory was once again "flukey" and that the outcome this time was a moral victory.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get the hatred over the overtime rules.

Here are the scenarios based on the two types of OT rules.

NFL Rule
b) Seattle needs to score a TD to win the game
c) Denver needs to hold Seattle to a FG or less to see the field
d) Seattle scores TD
e) Denver loses

College Rule
b) Seattle scores TD
c) Denver gets ball and needs to score a TD to tie the game
d) Denver scores TD
e) Seattle gets next possession

And from this point on, it's the same as the NFL rule all over again, except now Seattle just needs a FG to win.

f) Seattle needs to score to win the game
g) Denver needs to keep Seattle from scoring
h) Seattle scores
e) Denver loses

NFL Rule just seems more efficient. Either way, after that first Seattle TD, then the Denver defense needs to make a stop to win the game. They didn't.

College system you always get a chance to match it... If we scored a TD Denver would get a possession needing a TD to tie.... It Denver scored that TD then they would start again with possession... Then we would have to match what there offensive possession achieves... So let's say Denver made a field goal we would need a field goal to tie or a touchdown to win... If we tied it with a field goal then we would start the next possession... I believe it's after the 3rd possession you can't kick extra points with a TD you have to go for 2 .... College system is the most fair system for OT....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Including that this victory was once again "flukey" and that the outcome this time was a moral victory.

Unfortunately for the Denver Broncos... "moral victory" does not equate a ring nor the Trophy.:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for the Denver Broncos... "moral victory" does not equate a ring nor the Trophy.:L

Neither does a week 3 win though. I think Bronco fans are looking at this game as somewhat a moral victory in we needed to get a bit of a monkey off the team's back that we could compete with Seattle even in the hostile environment. We did that and now move on in the season. A week 3 loss never won or lost someone the Super Bowl. Other than 1 team in NFL history every team has lost a game at some point. It was a good game played by 2 great teams that possibly could meet up again. That is where I think most Bronco fans are at on this Tuesday. It sucks that we lost but there are still a lot of positives to come out of the game. Great learning experience to hopefully help make the team better.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College system you always get a chance to match it... If we scored a TD Denver would get a possession needing a TD to tie.... It Denver scored that TD then they would start again with possession... Then we would have to match what there offensive possession achieves... So let's say Denver made a field goal we would need a field goal to tie or a touchdown to win... If we tied it with a field goal then we would start the next possession... I believe it's after the 3rd possession you can't kick extra points with a TD you have to go for 2 .... College system is the most fair system for OT....

College ot is also not real football.

Real football consists of offense, defense and sts. College ot fundamentaly changes the need to be good in every facet in favor of highlighting the offenses by letting everyone touch the ball no matter what.

I like the new nfl system better than the old one because almost every team has a guy that can kick a 60+ yd fg. And in the new system, it simply asks a proffessional defense to keep the offense out of the endzone in order to give their offense a chance.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great thread, I haven't been following all the backlash from Denver regarding the game. Are they seriously saying it was a moral victory... in the NFL?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread, I haven't been following all the backlash from Denver regarding the game. Are they seriously saying it was a moral victory... in the NFL?

Yes.

One actually called up crying that Thomas should of been flagged and ejected for his hit on Welker during the turnover and the same for when Bennett came over the top and tackled Manning just as he had released that pass. That the refs cost the Broncos their redemption.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College ot is also not real football.

Real football consists of offense, defense and sts. College ot fundamentaly changes the need to be good in every facet in favor of highlighting the offenses by letting everyone touch the ball no matter what.

I like the new nfl system better than the old one because almost every team has a guy that can kick a 60+ yd fg. And in the new system, it simply asks a proffessional defense to keep the offense out of the endzone in order to give their offense a chance.

I like the new system better than the older system .. But the college system with added wrinkles would be absolutely the fairest system... Other than just playing another entire quarter of football...