• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At some point maybe you have to feel a little embarrassed for Denver

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, after the SB last season there were so many excuses out there as to why Denver lost.

The latest one out there is no different. "Hey! It's obvious we can't beat Seattle... so let's change the rules" -- Obviously they want to change the OT rules again after it was already changed. Not our fault we have a QB that can march down the field and not give Manning another chance.

If the situation was reversed, they wouldn't be harping all this BS in Denver. According to them, we won by "pure dumb luck"

Kiszla: Broncos-Seahawks a classic, but NFL's OT rules must change - The Denver Post

Also, after hearing NBC's half time speech yesterday about how it was a "moral victory" for the Broncos and credited them for being able to hang with the Hawks, I'm not sure what else to say anymore.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver also thought they're the better team. Not from what I saw the first three quarters and until the last minute of the 4th quarter.

Just be warned, nothing but a lot of crying if you decide to read this "article" lol

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overtime rules have already changed for the better. No reason to change it anymore. If you go to a system where both teams get a chance there are going to be a lot more ties. That's assuming they wouldn't do away with the clock in overtime like they do in college.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the NFL use the college system, but push the ball back from where they start so there not in field goal range from the first snap.... BUT you can't complain about the new rule because your D just has to keep them out of the end zone to give your O a shot ... That's better than winning it with a simple field goal.... Not sure why anyone would complain considering a field goal would a won it before ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, after the SB last season there were so many excuses out there as to why Denver lost.

The latest one out there is no different. "Hey! It's obvious we can't beat Seattle... so let's change the rules" -- Obviously they want to change the OT rules again after it was already changed. Not our fault we have a QB that can march down the field and not give Manning another chance.

If the situation was reversed, they wouldn't be harping all this BS in Denver. According to them, we won by "pure dumb luck"

Kiszla: Broncos-Seahawks a classic, but NFL's OT rules must change - The Denver Post

Also, after hearing NBC's half time speech yesterday about how it was a "moral victory" for the Broncos and credited them for being able to hang with the Hawks, I'm not sure what else to say anymore.

To call the OT winner pure dumb luck was just stupid... Denver's D had a chance to stop us and it had nothing to do with luck ... If there on board to change the rule in OT I get that ... But to diminish how Seattle drove the ball down the field and won straight up and calling it dumb luck is childish....

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Denver rallied from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter on the road in the NFL's rowdiest stadium, the silence of stunned Seahawks fans was deafening as quarterback Peyton Manning represented the Broncos on the coin flip to determine which team would get the football to begin overtime.

For real? Was the stadium that quiet in the 4th? I highly doubt that but I'd like to hear from the posters that were actually there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Denver rallied from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter on the road in the NFL's rowdiest stadium, the silence of stunned Seahawks fans was deafening as quarterback Peyton Manning represented the Broncos on the coin flip to determine which team would get the football to begin overtime.

For real? Was the stadium that quiet in the 4th? I highly doubt that but I'd like to hear from the posters that were actually there.

No. It was deafening in there whenever the defense was on the field.

But I guess it was quiet during the coin toss..... Because it was the fucking coin toss!!!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would change the title of your thread to "At some point you have to feel a little sorry for Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post." I haven't talked to any Denver fans who think the rules should be changed. It was a tough game and Seattle won, fair and square. The Seahawks are very good and they went out and took the victory. End of story.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Something tells me that if the Broncos win that coin toss yesterday and march down the field to score a touchdown to keep Wilson and the Seahawks offense from getting another shot, we don't hear a peep out of Denver's media. The idea behind these OT rules was to make it harder for the team that wins the coin toss to win on its first possession. Considering it took 13 plays for the Seahawks to score in OT, I'd say that goal was accomplished. It wasn't just a kickoff return followed by a couple of mid-range passes followed by a long field goal that ended the game a couple minutes into overtime.

The thing is... people will always complain no matter what. People hated that all it took was a field goal to win in OT before, thinking that it made the offense's job too easy, so the rules were changed to the current setup and now there are people who hate that and think it isn't fair. The league can change the OT rules again, but inevitably a team will lose a game in OT and the local media and/or some of the fans will complain that it wasn't fair.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Something tells me that if the Broncos win that coin toss yesterday and march down the field to score a touchdown to keep Wilson and the Seahawks offense from getting another shot, we don't hear a peep out of Denver's media. The idea behind these OT rules was to make it harder for the team that wins the coin toss to win on its first possession. Considering it took 13 plays for the Seahawks to score in OT, I'd say that goal was accomplished. It wasn't just a kickoff return followed by a couple of mid-range passes followed by a long field goal that ended the game a couple minutes into overtime.

The thing is... people will always complain no matter what. People hated that all it took was a field goal to win in OT before, thinking that it made the offense's job too easy, so the rules were changed to the current setup and now there are people who hate that and think it isn't fair. The league can change the OT rules again, but inevitably a team will lose a game in OT and the local media and/or some of the fans will complain that it wasn't fair.

:agree:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw yesterday was an improved Denver D from last year, but still nowhere near our class. Meh running game. Everything is overly invested in the pass which makes them very predictable.

Great team but there are easily multiple NFC teams that would smack them around regularly.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would change the title of your thread to "At some point you have to feel a little sorry for Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post." I haven't talked to any Denver fans who think the rules should be changed. It was a tough game and Seattle won, fair and square. The Seahawks are very good and they went out and took the victory. End of story.

You're right, very embarrassing on his part. Here are some of the Denver Post editors excuses dating back to the SB last season (someone commented this on the Post's).

Mike Klis, Feb.9: "Seahawks didn’t beat the Broncos’ “A” team in the Super Bowl."
Troy Renck, Aug.1: "So, no mugging, mauling, pushing and jersey pulling? Will Seattle even field a team this season?"
Mike Klis, Aug.8: "At the very least, the Broncos may have proved to themselves, if not quite the rest of the NFL, that the 43-8 whipping they took from the Seahawks back in February was somewhat fluky."
Mark Kiszla, today: "Unlike the Super Bowl, the only difference Sunday between the Broncos and Seattle was a flip of the coin."

The Denver Post should be embarrassed for allowing this crap to be published.

And to be clear, had Denver won the coin toss, this junk wouldn't have been written. Secondly, with the much "improved" Denver defense, all they had to do was stop the Seahawks in OT, it was clear that the momentum was on the Broncos side.

Lastly, Tim Tebow led Denver to a game winning TD against Pittsburgh a few years ago, should the rules be changed then? I don't expect an unbiased view from someone who writes for the Denver Post, but the recent article is unreal.:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post Cloud!

I never had any feeling for denver one way or another. But after looking at how they've handled the last two games, they are now on my root against list. Like Pittsburgh for obvious reason, and GB for all the whining they did after Tates hail mary catch.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the article was just a troll looking to cry and whine. What really stood out was the response by the TRUE Denver fans which to sum up sounded something like this... What the hell are you talking about, Seattle just beat us and it wasn't luck but the skill of our enemy (Seattle) that beat us. And of course they brought up the Denver/pitt playoffs where they where on the other side.

So do I feel embarrassed for Denver fans, no more than fans of Seattle who have to deal with Terry Blount who keeps refusing to call the tip the tip. In fact I came away thinking quite highly of Denver Fans after reading the article. Just my two cents.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Denver Post is where you are looking to try and gauge how Bronco fans actually feel about the game then seriously please please find another media outlet. The Denver Post used to be decent but they have turned into the 1st Take of Denver Broncos news. They say things just to get clicks. It is as simple as that and Kiszla in my opinion is the worst of the group. There is a reason that all the good sports writers for the Denver Post eventually leave like that of Jeff Legwold and Lindsay Jones (one of the few female sports writers that actually has a job because she knows about sports).

The Hawks won fair and square according to the rules of the NFL. The Broncos in the past have taken advantage of the new rules as they actually were the first with the OT win in the playoffs against the Steelers with the 1-play 80 yard touchdown. So we as fans would have no ground to stand on as we have taken advantage of the rule before. Now yes I would rather see it changed more towards a college set up but have them start on say the 35 on the other side of the field and actually have to drive a bit to at least get a field goal. At this time that is not the case and like I said the Seahawks won the game fair and square. They looked great on the OT drive and just have to tip my hat to Wilson and the Hawks for keeping their composure after the Broncos stormed back.

Again please don't read that crap then try and say anything close to "this is how Bronco fans think."

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Denver Post is where you are looking to try and gauge how Bronco fans actually feel about the game then seriously please please find another media outlet. The Denver Post used to be decent but they have turned into the 1st Take of Denver Broncos news. They say things just to get clicks. It is as simple as that and Kiszla in my opinion is the worst of the group. There is a reason that all the good sports writers for the Denver Post eventually leave like that of Jeff Legwold and Lindsay Jones (one of the few female sports writers that actually has a job because she knows about sports).

The Hawks won fair and square according to the rules of the NFL. The Broncos in the past have taken advantage of the new rules as they actually were the first with the OT win in the playoffs against the Steelers with the 1-play 80 yard touchdown. So we as fans would have no ground to stand on as we have taken advantage of the rule before. Now yes I would rather see it changed more towards a college set up but have them start on say the 35 on the other side of the field and actually have to drive a bit to at least get a field goal. At this time that is not the case and like I said the Seahawks won the game fair and square. They looked great on the OT drive and just have to tip my hat to Wilson and the Hawks for keeping their composure after the Broncos stormed back.

Again please don't read that crap then try and say anything close to "this is how Bronco fans think."

cdumler, I'm not going to pretend like I know what's going on in Denver and what the Denver media outlet is all about. It was obviously something I saw and thought it was completely ridiculous for a comlumnist to publish an article about how the seahawks won based on a coin toss.

Secondly, I haven't seen anyone on here or anywhere else that thought the same way as this this article... As a matter of fact, according to he poll on the Denver Post, majority thinks that the OT rules are fine.

All I'm trying to get across is that to publish something like this and from my previous post, there were also numerous articles making excuses for the Broncos and it was a "fluke" in the SB is quite ridiculous. If anything, Yesterday proved that it was no fluke and it also proved that Peyton Manning is a once in a lifetime QB.

In no way is this post a reflection of how I think Denver fans thinks about the OT. It's moreso about the ridiculous stuff that's being published by a single Denver media bashing my Hawks. I feel embarrassed for Denver fans more than anything. Sour grapes columnists.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wanting to make sure you and other Hawks fans understand most Bronco fans and even most media people respect the heck out of the Hawks organization. I have a Denver Sports station that I listen to most days of the week and they were praising the Hawks all week. Most of them were hoping the Broncos would do just what they did in making sure to not get blown out again. Most expected a Broncos loss this week actually.

Again the Denver Post is just out of control. They realize they can't compete any longer with a lot of the better sports writers out there (not sure why as I would think they should attract the best writers in the area) so usually when people are lacking in ability to actually write something worth reading they go the opposite direction and make it something that nobody wants to read but have to because it is so ridiculous.

I think most Bronco fans and from what I have seen this week from Hawks fans there is a mutual respect about the opposing team. As the Broncos Moderator I want to say thank you guys for staying classy this week. Please don't let one sports writer or one media outlet ruin that. Most Bronco fans understand the OT rules are not why we lost that game. We had our chances but the Hawks made some big plays. I just hope these 2 teams get to meet one more time this season and we get the joy of watching another knock down drag out fight between our two teams.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, if it were only that easy... Try being a Seahawk fan in recent times, my friend.

But yeah, reading through the comments Bronco fans are letting this hack have it. Some pretty funny comments. Someone posted his article from after the Denver win over Pittsburgh in the WC a few years ago, and as you can guess, no mention of the unfairness of the rules.

Thinking about it... It sucks that in order for those commenters to put him in his place, they have to put some money in his pocket first. Strange world we live in.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wanting to make sure you and other Hawks fans understand most Bronco fans and even most media people respect the heck out of the Hawks organization. I have a Denver Sports station that I listen to most days of the week and they were praising the Hawks all week. Most of them were hoping the Broncos would do just what they did in making sure to not get blown out again. Most expected a Broncos loss this week actually.

Again the Denver Post is just out of control. They realize they can't compete any longer with a lot of the better sports writers out there (not sure why as I would think they should attract the best writers in the area) so usually when people are lacking in ability to actually write something worth reading they go the opposite direction and make it something that nobody wants to read but have to because it is so ridiculous.

I think most Bronco fans and from what I have seen this week from Hawks fans there is a mutual respect about the opposing team. As the Broncos Moderator I want to say thank you guys for staying classy this week. Please don't let one sports writer or one media outlet ruin that. Most Bronco fans understand the OT rules are not why we lost that game. We had our chances but the Hawks made some big plays. I just hope these 2 teams get to meet one more time this season and we get the joy of watching another knock down drag out fight between our two teams.

I hear you brother and i myself respect the hell out of the Broncos as well. We have our history together when Seattle was still in the AFC but I never have any ill feeling towards Denver and its fans. If anything, Wilson marching down the field yesterday and not allowing Peyton to see the ball again is a huge sign of respect.

Hope to see you guys again this season!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha it really is. It sucks that often the very knowledgeable in sports do not seem to be the most heard. It is the crazy fanatic that gets everyone's attention. I have about 6-7 Bronco writers that I love to follow because they actually talk football. They actually know how to break down plays and view them beyond just the casual fans perspective. They actually make me have to think about the game and how it is played and just the complexity of making a single play work. Unfortunately those writers do not get heard by the masses and instead we get stuck with guys like Kiszla. Heck he even used to be decent when he first started out but I think he figured out quickly that if he wanted his articles read they had to have controversy in them. I also think the Denver Post higher ups have a bit to with that as they know controversy equals money.

Who are some Seattle writers that I should maybe be looking at that know what they are talking about?