• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AT LEAST 5 More Years For Coach K At Duke

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Kryzyzewski plans to coach Duke Blue Devils at least five more years - ESPN

ike Krzyzewski will remain synonymous with Duke for the foreseeable future, as the coach said Wednesday that he plans to coach the Blue Devils for at least five more seasons.

"I'm looking forward to the next five years," Krzyzewski said during his end-of-season address to reporters. "What do we do in the next five, not just what do we do next season. What are the decisions? The first thing is, I look at me. I'm going to be here.

"This past year I had a few setbacks, and I had an episode with health at the Wake game. I wanted to clear the air that I'm good. I'm going forward."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I try not to look at how we run our program in one-year periods or based on one game, whether that means you've won the national championship or you got eliminated like we did this year," Krzyzewski said. "I really don't think that's the way to run a program."

Krzyzewski called this season's team, which finished 26-9, streaky and said he does not know whether freshman Jabari Parker or sophomore Rodney Hood will return to the Blue Devils or enter the NBA draft.

"Yes, we could play defense better, but fundamentally the thing that we missed was on-court leadership play after play," Krzyzewski said.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he has to know Hood and Parker are gone, as well as Dawkins, Thornton, and Hairston. I'm glad he's committed to be Head Coach for at least the next 5 seasons.