• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of now...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking UK, UVA, Wisky, and either Utah or AZ (I can't decide yet).

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas has played an insane schedule thus far. They've won @Baylor, @Texas, @ Georgetown and have won on neutral courts as well against Utah, Michigan State and Tennessee. Losing against UK and @Iowa State is no shame. Hell even Temple IMO is respectable. I also think they are already much improved since they are so young. And they have a lot of options in terms of getting offense. Mason, Seldon, Oubre, Ellis, Alexander and Greene can all put up 10+ on a given night. I just think they are extremely well balanced. Sure they've underachieved in the past and last year was no different but I think this team is way better than last year is. Especially the one KU was in the tourney w/out Embiid.

Umm, not sure how you haven't figured this out yet, but this version of the big 12 is almost historically overrated. People are saying this is the best conference, because there are like 9 average teams!

Texas? Baylor? They aren't very good. Neither is Iowa state, at least not at playing defense. They can score, though!

Also, Michigan state? Are you serious? Just naming big names, I see! Tennessee? Really? You think this is the second best collection of wins in the country?

A blowout to temple is respectable?

I'm sorry, but Kansas isn't big down low, and their guards are average. If both those weren't true I'd be much more on board with their potential.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, not sure how you haven't figured this out yet, but this version of the big 12 is almost historically overrated. People are saying this is the best conference, because there are like 9 average teams!

Texas? Baylor? They aren't very good. Neither is Iowa state, at least not at playing defense. They can score, though!

Also, Michigan state? Are you serious? Just naming big names, I see! Tennessee? Really? You think this is the second best collection of wins in the country?

I'm sorry, but Kansas isn't big down low, and their guards are average. If both those weren't true I'd be much more on board with their potential.

Damn man, what the hell is your deal? EVERYthing I say you are completely dismissive about. The Big 12 is the best conference, based on what they did OOC and every single metric would agree with that notion.

Texas is a consensus top 25 team, Baylor is a consensus top 25 team, Georgetown is a consensus top 25 team, Utah is a consensus top 10 team, OU is a consensus top 25 team. Oklahoma State and Michigan State are both consensus top 50 teams. Are Michigan State and Oklahoma State great, no, but it's still a quality win. Add it up and that's 7 quality wins. Also Tennessee and Rhode Island are both consensus top 75 teams.

If you're so hell bent on another team having a better collection of wins, by all means name a team, until then I stand by my statement until proven wrong.

I guess "good" teams to you are teams that are in the top 10? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is what doesn't work with this, and it is what I already said. This year is a really shitty year. Honestly only 6 teams or so are even close to worth a damn.

So you could really call everyone "overrated". Eric's point was that KU next to UK had the best collection of wins. Even if you find them "overrated" they no more so then any of the other teams ranked 11-25 and not ranked. EVERYONE is flawed. KU is beating the best of the flawed unlike many teams.

You call the Big 12 overrated for being so consistent? That is why the Big12 and Big East are the two highest rated conferences right now. Both conferences took care of business out of conference and then in conference they are all so close that they pile on each other. You can't call a conference overrated because they lose to a fellow conference team lol.

The SEC is literally a fantastic UK team and mediocre. The Pac 12 has 2 really good teams then a couple decent ones. The ACC has a couple of dynamite teams at the top followed by 3 other very good teams but 2 of which are not that good relative to their programs stature. The bottom of that conference has teams that honestly you or I could get some minutes on and no one could tell.

The Big10? 2 teams are having great years. The rest are either under achieving(Minny/Nebraska) or in complete down years for their programs(MSU, OSU, Michigan).

Ultimately, the whole argument of your post can be used against every single team this year. KU has still played won of the strongest schedules, even if it isn't strong by normal standards.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia, Gonzaga, Utah and Iowa State.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of the ACC, seems to me each conference has 1 excellent team; Arizona, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Virginia. Duke, Miami and North Carolina are good teams. Unfortunately they have to paly each other. IMO, the early drafts are taking away from the overall quality of play in the College ranks which will make it easier to pick the top seeds.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I just picked UK in my final 4 even though I truly believe when the match ups are revealed that they will run into a team with some size AND shooters to get bounced in S16 or EE8 most likely.

I think Calipari addressed most of the weaknesses of last year's UK team and came up with some pretty good answers..Booker imo is a a great shooter who actually is doing better all the time on defense. Ulis is a pretty good answer to the the Shabazz Napier type gremlins who seem to put lumps on UK in big time games. Free throws have improved with Lee and Johnson. All Cauley-Stein needs is to improve his interior game by extending it out to 8-10 feet offensively...draw some fouls...get things to fall there.

Andrew Harrison is struggling a little at point...but when you have a 6'6" guard trying to guard a 5'9" guard...Andrew will lose the defensive battle...but win the offensive battle. Ulis helps in this situation.

Trey Lyles is going to be a great all around player player for UK by tourney time...as you watch the games you see him improving his knowledge of game situations by {pardon the pun} leaps and bounds.

A healthy Alex Poythress would be the only thing I would like to see on this team. I submit that there is a very good chance UK will be in final four.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me like Nova always chokes in the tourney.

I got:

UK, Arizona, Duke, tOhio St

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in this forum with "Final Four" in the thread title that has been active since last April.

So if there was a preseason thread it had a title just as cryptic as this one.

I'll take Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and Louisville. (of course I also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the same region as the top 4 seeds)

I also doubt there would have been a lot of MSU and Cuse picks in the preseason as neither was projected to be very good this season. I'd venture there would have been a lot more disappointed Florida picks than anything. They were top 10 in the preseason. Cuse and MSU weren't.

I'd like to change one of my picks. Can anybody guess which one?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this probably sounds biased, but I just don't see how anyone can leave UVa off their list. We have now played 3 games without our best player, Justin Anderson, and have won all 3. Tonight, UVa played FSU and Brogdon and Perrantes collided on the court, resulting in a broken nose for Perrantes who missed the rest of the game. Brogdon missed a couple of minutes. The team did not miss a step and actually played even tougher D when they both went out. FSU did not make a FG after the 10:34 mark of the 2nd half.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this probably sounds biased, but I just don't see how anyone can leave UVa off their list. We have now played 3 games without our best player, Justin Anderson, and have won all 3. Tonight, UVa played FSU and Brogdon and Perrantes collided on the court, resulting in a broken nose for Perrantes who missed the rest of the game. Brogdon missed a couple of minutes. The team did not miss a step and actually played even tougher D when they both went out. FSU did not make a FG after the 10:34 mark of the 2nd half.

Making the Final Four isn't easy and the best 4 teams don't always make it. That's why.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What Arizona Sting said, plus UVA is more about the system than the players. Yeah Anderson went down, but Bennett's scheme isn't based on having a bunch of phenomenal athletes. I'm not saying that UVA doesn't have talent, they do, but they don't have much in the realm of elite talent. It's about hiding talent deficiencies instead of highlighting exceptional talent

UVA is capable of beating almost any team out there right now because of their defense, but I think they can lose to almost any team because of their lack of offense. All it takes to knock UVA off is a team shooting well from outside, and the tournament is usually littered with such teams.

I think they have a decent chance of making a FF this season but I wouldn't bet on it. I think they have an extremely small chance of going the distance.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team that "should" be on everyone's list is Kentucky and even they are no sure thing. Crazy shit happens.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin, Kentucky, Villanova, Northern Iowa.. gotta have at least 1 surprise team I guess. Lol

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone should find the preseason one.....im sure there were a lot of msu and cuse picks.

Anyone that had the Cuse in the FF where smoking the good stuff.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think UVA looks really strong. They are definitely a solid team. I think the lack of deep March experience might go against them, but I think they could really surprise a bracket, even as being a #1 seed.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone watching Wisconsin paly Maryland tonight must know that Kamisky is no center. He is a 7 foot want-a-be guard. He got shoved around all night long and Maryland led the entire game. Other than Kentucky, each team has some serious weaknesses that can be exploited. I still like Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, and Virginia for the final four; hopefully they will all be in different brackets.